Albania vs. Hungary - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - September 5, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:37 pm Hungary are a lot like us. They remind me of 2015 Albania. So it will be a match that just comes down to who shows up on the day, they share many of our qualities.
Our squads have the same market value too.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
engineer123

Hungary's National Team captain Adam Szalai was tested positive with Covid yesterday, so he will miss the match today.
The two other CFs Hungary has are Nemanja Nikolics of Mol Fehervar and Janos Hahn of Dunajska Streda.
CanaYouDoIt

Yeah when you look at their players it’s not all that impressive, probably even less talented than our team but what they are is a better team together, exactly like our euro 2016 squad. They have a better manager, are more organised and work harder.

They’ve got some quality players like Szoboslai that we don’t have but then again our defence is better than them and outside of that it’s pretty equal to me. It’s like they have 10 more technical Andi Lilas out there. Shows the value of a good manager .
artan

Before heading into these September matches I thought Hungary was a game we would atleast get some points from. They're better than us but I'm not sure if Hungary is used to breaking down opponents as they normally play from a defensive position. We also have no expectations after getting embarrased and we usually do well when we have no expectations. We'll get a good result, get all excited then we'll get embarrased again next set of matches.

The lineup isn't too bad. Bajrami and Uzuini give the team attacking flexibility that we didn't have before. This team was so imbalanced before whereas the lack of width, creativity or pace was obvious. Roshi at RWB is interesting, he's going to be awful defensively such as when he was inserted against Poland and didn't even bother to track back but offensively he should provide some width and pace from a pure wide position we haven't had since like 2018. I don't mind the gamble and at this point you have to do it.

This is a trap game for Hungary. 1-0 Albania
CanaYouDoIt

Bekim Balaj leading the line ... Lord have mercy I'm gonna scream
artan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:41 pm Bekim Balaj leading the line ... I'm gonna scream
Balaj scores a tap in and will feature for the NT the next 2 year where he's useless again. Then he'll score a penalty in a friendly and will get called up for another 2 years. It's rinse and repeat with this guy.

But that being said it's kind of an insult how this guy starts over Broja. Shows how much of a dinosaur Reja is. Broja doesn't fit his mold of a traditional hold up striker so he plays the amateur lol.
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:45 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:41 pm Bekim Balaj leading the line ... I'm gonna scream
Balaj scores a tap in and will feature for the NT the next 2 year where he's useless again. Then he'll score a penalty in a friendly and will get called up for another 2 years. It's rinse and repeat with this guy.

But that being said it's kind of an insult how this guy starts over Broja. Shows how much of a dinosaur Reja is. Broja doesn't fit his mold of a traditional hold up striker so he plays the amateur lol.
Balaj has scored 1 goal since December of last year, the fact he's in the squad is criminal. Its an utter disgrace he's starting over Broja who needs these type of games to get used to national team football. f*** Reja, need whoever is going to the game to start a "Reja ik , vaffanculo!" chant
Dallku

Balaj and Berisha are huge advantages for Hungary but I actually have a feeling Albania will win this.

If Albania doesn't win at least Reja is gone so it's not that bad.
CanaYouDoIt

I want us to lose now, hate saying it but this can't continue. Even if we win its not a big advantage because 2nd is all that matters and we are not getting that.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:50 pm I want us to lose now, hate saying it but this can't continue. Even if we win its not a big advantage because 2nd is all that matters and we are not getting that.

A win here keeps 2nd place alive. You'll just have two more finals with Hungary and Poland. Poland at home can be beatable.
  • Information