Albania vs. San Marino - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - September 8, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Dallku

Not gonna lie. I'm glad Abrashi will miss this game. He plays with a lot of heart but against Hungary he was late to every challenge. He gambled a lot and lost. On the ball he can only pass backwards.

Bring on Qazim.

If Qazim plays like he did against Hungary he can play in a top 4 league with ease.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Uzuni won 10 duels in the game against Hungary, the most of any player on the field. Sofascore grades him a 7.5.

Him, Gjasula, Laci, and even Doka showed they can play in better leagues. They are good players.
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:42 pm Uzuni won 10 duels in the game against Hungary, the most of any player on the field. Sofascore grades him a 7.5.

Him, Gjasula, Laci, and even Doka showed they can play in better leagues. They are good players.
Doka is good technically and fast but his decision making is amateurish. Plays long ball when he shouldn't, tries to dribble 7 players when a teammate is free next to him. His football iq is low but he has the talent.
CanaYouDoIt

POland won 7-1 today, playing at home I expect at least 5 goals.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:04 am POland won 7-1 today, playing at home I expect at least 5 goals.
2-0. One in the 78th and one in extra time.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

https://sportekspres.com/broja-flet-gji ... ma-lojtar/

Reja apparently has some health issues, not surprised he's 75 and we can all tell he's losing it. Think he's gone after the qualifiers regardless of what happens.
Teodor87

Hi guys

I‘m new to this page. This was exactly what I was looking for this whole time. A place where albanian football fans can discuss elaborate etc.

On the game:

How can you start the game with Balaj and let Broja sit on the bench? I mean I get it if you say that he hasn‘t played yet for Southampton but I dont think that Albania has the luxury to leave such a talent out of the starting eleven. Even more so when you just compare the difference in quality between him and the rest of the strikers.

On the formation:
I‘m pretty sure you have already discussed this. You dont choose a formation and decide which player has to fill in a position he never played. We just dont have the players for the 352. Kumbulla and Djimsiti know this formation but the rest of our team dont. The 2 midfieldplayers in the center have to be quick on the feet and agile and have the required endurance. Neither Gjasula or Abrashi can meet this criteria (anymore). Trashi and Doka are limited as wingbacks. Hysaj is no wingback. One of the two strikers needs to be fast and to combine well with the advanced midfielder. Something Uzuni and Bajrami showed and which made me quite happy. The other striker on the other hand needs to always be ready and have good technical abilities, ball control and be a good finisher. Balajs only strenght is his well strenght. He is strong as a bull but his IQ is very low. He is slow. He is technically very bad. Broja showed what Albania was missing. Im not only talking about his goal but his decision making (the run on the right wing and the cross) and his goal he almost created by himself - something balaj never did and just is not able to do.

Conclusion and Forecast:

We played a good game. However the decisions made by Reja before the game in nominating Roshi, Balaj, hoxhallari, cepele (unproven talent) and his decision to put them on. His decision to prefer Balaj to Broja. His stubborn insistance on the 352 make me believe that he is just not the right coach for us.

I think we should replace Balaj with Vrioni. Replace Roshi with Muci or Sahiti. Unfortunately Armando Dobra has been loaned to Colchestet United. I love him as a player. Maybe Kolaj becomes the player I believe he can become. Cokaj is playing every game in croatia and deserves a final introduction to this team. He should take over from abrashi.

In general:
We have to change our mentality of feeling inferior to almost every team and trying to play hard and physical football. We have good technical players. We can play good football. The U21 boys showed us excatly that.

That is why I think it is all down to the coach who with his decisions is slowing down the transition, evolution or even revolution. Sorry to hear that he has some health concerns but I think we need a different coach. Maybe it is time to hire a albanian coach? B. Hasi? Ilir Daja? Skender Gega? I mean Gega played some exciting games with partizan in the europe league against some very difficult opponents.
These users thanked the author Teodor87 for the post (total 3):
Simboli i DiellitCanaYouDoItZenMaster
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Welcome Teodor,

I appreciate your imputs on the game. Many of us share the same thoughts on Reja and i don’t believe he’ll be managing us after the WC finals. An albanian coach would need less time to adapt his tactics and he would already know all the players. Gega would be perfect.
NB10

Albania should feel very lucky in getting a player like Bajrami, hopefully he gets to keep the number 10.
  • Information