Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:36 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:13 am ^ that formation is well balanced. I’d only try and find someone to put in place of Roshi (using Roshi eventually ad sub). Cikalleshi could get Broja’s place aswell, he’s been stable and hardworking with the NT lately.
Right, but I think Roshi should start at least another qualification cycle. Also playing with 1 striker should ensure we permanently drop Balaj, Seferi, and other trash strikers we have. The only strikers worth calling up are Broja, Cika and Manaj, and a 4th option one maybe Vrioni or Sadiku if he turns his career around.
Sadiku is done as a NT player. Roshi hasn’t been Roshi we knew at NT level since Panucci, he isn’t fast anymore and seemed like he had put on weight (he’s 30 btw). If Broja becomes a starter at EPL then no coach in Albania could bench him.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Vrioni deserves the callup, 3 goals in 5 games is good form.

The only competition I see in ST is Manaj/Broja/Cika with Vrioni as backup. For me it is hard to split the first three who are all playing well at club level, Broja's disadvantage is he played bad with us but it was his first times.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:13 pm Vrioni deserves the callup, 3 goals in 5 games is good form.

The only competition I see in ST is Manaj/Broja/Cika with Vrioni as backup. For me it is hard to split the first three who are all playing well at club level, Broja's disadvantage is he played bad with us but it was his first times.
He deserves it in comparison to Balaj but then again Balaj was somehow the first attacker off the bench.
Klejdi1023

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:04 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:13 am ^ that formation is well balanced. I’d only try and find someone to put in place of Roshi (using Roshi eventually ad sub). Cikalleshi could get Broja’s place aswell, he’s been stable and hardworking with the NT lately.
Right, but I think Roshi should start at least another qualification cycle. Also playing with 1 striker should ensure we permanently drop Balaj, Seferi, and other trash strikers we have. The only strikers worth calling up are Broja, Cika and Manaj, and a 4th option one maybe Vrioni or Sadiku if he turns his career around.
Sadiku is done as a NT player. Roshi hasn’t been Roshi we knew at NT level since Panucci, he isn’t fast anymore and seemed like he had put on weight (he’s 30 btw). If Broja becomes a starter at EPL then no coach in Albania could bench him.
Not that we need Sadiku anymore, but if he does get back to form, I'd rather have him than Balaj and co. Roshi has performed very well when he has played during Reja's era, it's criminal he has been penalized by the old man's stoic formation. I'm sure Roshi will be still be useful for a couple more years.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:32 pm
Not that we need Sadiku anymore, but if he does get back to form, I'd rather have him than Balaj and co. Roshi has performed very well when he has played during Reja's era, it's criminal he has been penalized by the old man's stoic formation. I'm sure Roshi will be still be useful for a couple more years.
Roshi is player with worst football IQ in our national team and right now is bench player of Boluspor. People are so obsessed with his pace but players who can't contribute in defensive phase are useless, especially for teams as Albania. It is crime against humanity Roshi is getting invitations and Emir Sahiti is not even considered for national team.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Princ

I love Roshi more than anyone but he is done!

The man I saw on the pitch last night was far from Raketa who provided miracles for Albania. All good things must come to an end. We must accept that a legendary player is no more and look elsewhere for production.

Starters Cikalleshi and Manaj gave everything at Poland. One scored a wonderful goal in a brutally tough environment and the other presented a great deal of trouble in the final third, before winning a huge penalty which only politics could deny us of.

For the time being, Broja may be able to provide a spark off the bench with his size and speed. It was beyond foolish to leave him on reserves in favor of the washed up Balaj.
Klejdi1023

ZenMaster wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:02 pm
Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:32 pm

Roshi is player with worst football IQ in our national team and right now is bench player of Boluspor. People are so obsessed with his pace but players who can't contribute in defensive phase are useless, especially for teams as Albania. It is crime against humanity Roshi is getting invitations and Emir Sahiti is not even considered for national team.
That's the harshest thing I've heard about Roshi. Worst football IQ?? where do you get that from? The truth is that Roshi has been the offensive player of last decade for Albania, he has so many assists and more chances created than any other player. Also what winger is good defensively? Roshi is not the one stopping Sahiti getting called up, it's Reja's bs formation.
Klejdi1023

Princ wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:14 pm I love Roshi more than anyone but he is done!

The man I saw on the pitch last night was far from Raketa who provided miracles for Albania. All good things must come to an end. We must accept that a legendary player is no more and look elsewhere for production.
I agree Roshi didn't make an impact last night, but I wouldn't give up on him yet. He deserves at least 2-3 full games before making that decision, also it could be that he is not in good form atm.
artan

I’m curious about Bushi because I think he’s okay with player development and has been competitive with the u21. But that being said I don’t trust him as a person. I can see him giving in to nepotism, playing his buddies and being a big lapdog to Duka and Co.

He’s the kind of guy that would call up one of his Akademia youth players to promote them or call up a player for Tirana because Refik Halili gave him a call. But that being said guys like Balaj, Manaj, etc, have been given pretty big roles over the years despite being amateurs so it can’t get worst I suppose.

As for Reja his problem is trying to build this team like a 90s/2000s Italian team. This team doesn’t the discipline to play that way. They leak in goals like crazy and our strategy is to basically hold out for a draw which is crazy because we can barely go 20 min without conceding. Not even elite back lines can defend 90 min with 11 men behind the ball why would it work for Albania that has an above average back line on paper? Its an impossible feat.

For me the less our players think, the better. That’s what Di Biasi did right. He got in a bunch of pit bulls who pressed relentlessly and ran themselves to the ground and offensively our game was just pure counter attacks.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

It's a bit interesting that against teams ~ our level and below, we have not conceded any goals, but teams that are superior we are getting destroyed.

San Marino, Andorra, Wales, Hungary = 0 goals

England, Poland, Czech Republic = 10 goals

Of course the distinction between "top" teams and teams our level/lower is hazy, but point still stands. It seems once teams reach a certain level (Czech Republic or above), we get destroyed.

With De Biasi our defence worked ALL the time. I think this is a systemic failure.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information