Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

andi2410
Has thanked: 0

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:35 am It's a bit interesting that against teams ~ our level and below, we have not conceded any goals, but teams that are superior we are getting destroyed.

San Marino, Andorra, Wales, Hungary = 0 goals

England, Poland, Czech Republic = 10 goals

Of course the distinction between "top" teams and teams our level/lower is hazy, but point still stands. It seems once teams reach a certain level (Czech Republic or above), we get destroyed.

With De Biasi our defence worked ALL the time. I think this is a systemic failure.
Interesting take. I think this probably speaks more to those big teams having "special" players that can break down an organized defense. They provide that little bit of magic you need to convert a half chance into a goal.
Princ

Manaj given the number 10 as the game starts 1-0 with him on the pitch!

Bajrami will hold number 8.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Princ wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:54 pm Manaj given the number 10 as the game starts 1-0 with him on the pitch!

That’s Bulku’s number :D And then Gjasula’s.
They’re managing this like amateurs. They should give Bajrami the n 10. Manaj should switch to 97 .

https://m.facebook.com/FederataShqiptar ... ef=sharing
CanaYouDoIt

This is utter nonsense, we’re the only place giving numbers to national team players. Should just be 1-11 based on who plays .
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:09 pm
Princ wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:54 pm Manaj given the number 10 as the game starts 1-0 with him on the pitch!

That’s Bulku’s number :D And then Gjasula’s.
They’re managing this like amateurs. They should give Bajrami the n 10. Manaj should switch to 97 .

https://m.facebook.com/FederataShqiptar ... ef=sharing
Bajrami: the New Bulku. The day would come when Bulku's reincarnation would appear to save us.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post (total 2):
Simboli i DiellitGenti
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

CanaYouDoIt

So looking at the last 4 games, our destiny is in our hands. Win vs Hungary and Poland and we've basically done it (plus a win vs Andorra at home).

If we draw vs either Hungary and Poland then we have to rely on Poland to slip up (not likely , play San Marino, Andorra and Hungary home). Unless we pull off a crazy result vs England.

All in all, useless looking beyond the return game vs Hungary, just have to focus on beating them first.
Princ

In all the years following Albania, I have never seen such universal fan praise and excitement about the future of a player until Broja.

We are lucky to have such a talent, who is clearly making strides in his improvement. What a positive feeling after that marvellous goal against Hungary.

Only a superstar could pull that off!
artan

Princ wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:58 pm In all the years following Albania, I have never seen such universal fan praise and excitement about the future of a player until Broja.

We are lucky to have such a talent, who is clearly making strides in his improvement. What a positive feeling after that marvellous goal against Hungary.

Only a superstar could of pulled that off!
I remember Hysaj getting lots of praise when he broke through with Napoli and same with Strakosha.

But something is different with Broja as he has the talent to be a very good goal scorer and a player that can carry us offensively. I don’t remember an offensive player we’ve had with that potential.

I’ve said this before but I think this generation might be our best yet. Lots of young proven talent with veterans who still have years left in their prime.
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:35 pmI remember Hysaj getting lots of praise when he broke through with Napoli and same with Strakosha.

But something is different with Broja as he has the talent to be a very good goal scorer and a player that can carry us offensively. I don’t remember an offensive player we’ve had with that potential.

I’ve said this before but I think this generation might be our best yet. Lots of young proven talent with veterans who still have years left in their prime.
I still can't believe Jari discovered Broja 8 years ago :)
https://www.xtratime.org/threads/bujari ... t-13090305
  • Information