Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

The EPL hype machine is part of the reason Broja is getting hyped up. Chelsea fans in particular are pretty excited about him and they watch his every move and hype him in the process.

Don't forget how insanely hyped Januzaj was. I've never seen anything like it. English media and fans pretty much hailed him as the next CR7 while he was riding the United bench.

But Broja seems to be developing well. He always had the talent but he wasn't playing like this for Vitesse and even Albania last year. And this rocket shot he has now seems to be new? Sure never seen it before.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:25 pm The EPL hype machine is part of the reason Broja is getting hyped up. Chelsea fans in particular are pretty excited about him and they watch his every move and hype him in the process.

Don't forget how insanely hyped Januzaj was. I've never seen anything like it. English media and fans pretty much hailed him as the next CR7 while he was riding the United bench.

But Broja seems to be developing well. He always had the talent but he wasn't playing like this for Vitesse and even Albania last year. And this rocket shot he has now seems to be new? Sure never seen it before.
I mean I think he has always had the talent and been playing good, it's no small feat to score double digits in your first pro season, but we are viewing him through a different lens bc he's playing well for us.

Broja has a good head on his shoulders and he seems like he is the type of guy to love playing for Albania. If you score goals our fans love you.

It's important to remember just like any young player he will have dips eventually and have bad games for us, not everything is roses and development is peaks and troughs not a straight line. His bad break with us last year was just that, a bad break.
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post (total 2):
CanaYouDoItGenti
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:25 pm The EPL hype machine is part of the reason Broja is getting hyped up. Chelsea fans in particular are pretty excited about him and they watch his every move and hype him in the process.

The Januzaj hype started his first year when he was one of uniteds best players and got given the 11 shirt. He wasn't riding the bench hence the hype at the time.

Broja similarly getting hype as any 19 year old ST would for their club after a good first loan and a great start to the year. Look at Arsenal fans hyping guys like Balogun who's barely had any 1st team appearances , the hype for Broja is worthy.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:34 pm

I mean I think he has always had the talent and been playing good, it's no small feat to score double digits in your first pro season, but we are viewing him through a different lens bc he's playing well for us.

Broja has a good head on his shoulders and he seems like he is the type of guy to love playing for Albania. If you score goals our fans love you.

It's important to remember just like any young player he will have dips eventually and have bad games for us, not everything is roses and development is peaks and troughs not a straight line. His bad break with us last year was just that, a bad break.
Exactly, development isn't linear for anyone.
These users thanked the author CanaYouDoIt for the post:
RedFootballs
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Also Januzaj would still easily be one of our best players lol
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Never seen anything like Broja's development. From what little I saw of him he looked like a poacher. In 6 months he seems like a completely different player. Amazing finishing. Great linkup play. Good dribbling.

It makes sense though. Tomorrow he turns 20. This entire time he was only 18-19. It's harder to make those leaps when you're in mid/late 20s. When you're a teenager you can still even improve your technique massively.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:42 pm

Never seen anything like Broja's development. From what little I saw of him he looked like a poacher. In 6 months he seems like a completely different player. Amazing finishing. Great linkup play. Good dribbling.

It makes sense though. Tomorrow he turns 20. This entire time he was only 18-19. It's harder to make those leaps when you're in mid/late 20s. When you're a teenager you can still even improve your technique massively.
Eh he showed these flashes last year with Vitesse. I think we’re all forgetting last year was his first year of getting any professional minutes. I remember a few goals where he dribbled past defenders or had some neat build up goals. I think he’s now learning the mental aspect of the game like hold up play and positioning.

I just hope he gets some playing time with Southampton. I thought he should have stayed at Vitesse another season.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:53 pm

Eh he showed these flashes last year with Vitesse. I think we’re all forgetting last year was his first year of getting any professional minutes. I remember a few goals where he dribbled past defenders or had some neat build up goals. I think he’s now learning the mental aspect of the game like hold up play and positioning.

I just hope he gets some playing time with Southampton. I thought he should have stayed at Vitesse another season.
Dude everyone has "flashes" of world class play. Balaj had them. Manaj had them. I'm talking consistent performance.

I watched Vitesse once or twice and he was nothing like this. I'm not just talking about Albania but even the Chelsea friendlies.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:17 am
artan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:53 pm

Dude everyone has "flashes" of world class play. Balaj had them. Manaj had them. I'm talking consistent performance.

I watched Vitesse once or twice and he was nothing like this. I'm not just talking about Albania but even the Chelsea friendlies.
Not even similar. The bar was set so low for Balaj and his generation because we were starving for talent. Any young player we had that were playing a league abroad was considered a talent. Score 5 goals a year in the Czech league and we hyped them up. Even Armando Vajushi was hyped up from us including me.

Fortunately, in that regard the bar has been sent higher whereas we’ve seen talented players from Serie A and Other better leagues join us.
Princ

20 years ago today was born a player who will be the terror of all opponents to the Albanian National Team.

Happy Birthday to our young match winner, Broja!
  • Information