Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:19 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:26 pm Where did you see this btw ?
It was all over social networks. Its seemed that he had refused us one year ago to wait for Sweden.
Yeah just found it on facebook, seems that he doesn't speak Albanian. This is a weird one, I don't wanna see it happen and we're wasting time with Turks when there are Albanians out there like elvis rexhbecaj. But if he's a good player and wants it I guess I'll get over it.

I don't see how Kasami happens, over 10 games for the Swiss which isn't in the new rules at all. Its no more than 3 games at under 21.
artan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:22 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:19 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:26 pm Where did you see this btw ?
It was all over social networks. Its seemed that he had refused us one year ago to wait for Sweden.
Yeah just found it on facebook, seems that he doesn't speak Albanian. This is a weird one, I don't wanna see it happen and we're wasting time with Turks when there are Albanians out there like elvis rexhbecaj. But if he's a good player and wants it I guess I'll get over it.

I don't see how Kasami happens, over 10 games for the Swiss which isn't in the new rules at all. Its no more than 3 games at under 21.
I think with the new rule changes if a player is clearly out of favor with their former National Team they can do a switch. I’m not sure if being part of a Olympic team will override that. So I think it is plausible.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:22 pm when there are Albanians out there like elvis rexhbecaj. But if he's a good player and wants it I guess I'll get over it.

I don't think you understand. Since 2016 Albania has only gotten ONE Kosovar player (Ismajli) and that's because Ismajli himself pushed hard for it because he was out of favor with the Kosovo NT.

Now it might be because FSHF has a secret agreement with FFK or maybe they just don't want to hurt their NT but one thing for sure is that Albania is NOT approaching Kosovar players anymore.

Fshf is starting to go after Macedonians and that's not bad thing. I don't know how possible Kasami is but he's definitely a professional player who can contribute. For these other Turks or whatever they are that might have some hidden Albanian ancestry it's whatever. Definitely don't expect them but if they do it's a bonus as long as they are high level.

Wouldn't mind if FSHF even kept it strictly Albanians from Albania + its diaspora. When you look at the players like Broja and Kumbulla pop out recently you can see that Albania should be good regardless. Anyone else is a bonus.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:22 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:22 pm when there are Albanians out there like elvis rexhbecaj. But if he's a good player and wants it I guess I'll get over it.

I don't think you understand. Since 2016 Albania has only gotten ONE Kosovar player (Ismajli) and that's because Ismajli himself pushed hard for it because he was out of favor with the Kosovo NT.

Now it might be because FSHF has a secret agreement with FFK or maybe they just don't want to hurt their NT but one thing for sure is that Albania is NOT approaching Kosovar players anymore.

Fshf is starting to go after Macedonians and that's not bad thing. I don't know how possible Kasami is but he's definitely a professional player who can contribute. For these other Turks or whatever they are that might have some hidden Albanian ancestry it's whatever. Definitely don't expect them but if they do it's a bonus as long as they are high level.

Wouldn't mind if FSHF even kept it strictly Albanians from Albania + its diaspora. When you look at the players like Broja and Kumbulla pop out recently you can see that Albania should be good regardless. Anyone else is a bonus.
Yeah and I'm asking why they don't go after them. Rather they go for them than go after these Turks.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:26 pm
Yeah and I'm asking why they don't go after them. Rather they go for them than go after these Turks.

For sure they must have some sort of gentlemen's agreement.

There is no way it's a coincidence that since Kosovo was accepted into FIFA they just randomly stopped going after these players, especially when they went so hard after them in the past.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:39 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:26 pm

For sure they must have some sort of gentlemen's agreement.

There is no way it's a coincidence that since Kosovo was accepted into FIFA they just randomly stopped going after these players, especially when they went so hard after them in the past.
If they have an agreement that makes no sense to me but it is what it is.

Because we've gone after guys like Grezda, Gjasula who are from Kosove too.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Rakip has spent his career riding the bench for Malmo. He wouldn't start over anything we have.

As for Kasami, he is impossible unless CAS implement some sort of grace/special exemption (no reason for them to and it would cause a massive uproar from other NTs).

3 caps is the limit to switch and you also can't have played at a major tournament, he also was over 21 when he made all those appearances, he meets 0 of the criteria to move to us, maybe FSHF have spotted some loophole or there is a specific reason why but really doubt that will happen..
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:39 pm Rakip has spent his career riding the bench for Malmo. He wouldn't start over anything we have.
Rakip has logged over 1200 minutes this season for a team playing CL groups.

At the very least, it adds depth to the midfield. The sooner Bare is demoted, the better.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:35 pm

Because we've gone after guys like Grezda, Gjasula who are from Kosove too.
Grezda was part of the Albania system before 2016 and when the time came he didn't switch.

Gjasula brothers are from Tirana dude. :rrokullisem:

Btw, these rumors about Kasami and that other Turk seem to come from random FB pages who probably fish for likes. If it was from supersport, Top-channel or even a Panorama it would be more believable. Probably fake news.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Yeah it looks like FSHF has given up on Kosovar players, but I suspect if we do well in the future we'll still see a number of them that will insist on joining.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information