Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

Tough game for Broja but he did win an important foul towards the end, and it was City, and they did get a draw. They were 3 goal underdogs before the match.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:07 pm Tough game for Broja but he did win an important foul towards the end, and it was City, and they did get a draw. They were 3 goal underdogs before the match.
When you are only getting 10-20 minutes a game to consistently be able to take away something and say 'I did this' shows you could be a game changer, especially against the likes of City. Imagine what he does with 90??
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

Another good showing . Made Dias the POTY look silly once , but again only 15 min appearances . Just give the kid the full 90 and see what he does. .
Klejdi1023

I don’t think this is a good move for Broja, clearly Southampton is going to start Adams and Armstrong over him, even though both look dogshit. Perhaps a year in the championship or a weaker PL team would have suited him better, even Udinese would have been better for him.
CanaYouDoIt

Klejdi1023 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:32 pm I don’t think this is a good move for Broja, clearly Southampton is going to start Adams and Armstrong over him, even though both look dogshit. Perhaps a year in the championship or a weaker PL team would have suited him better, even Udinese would have been better for him.
These are consistent mins in the premier league , he’ll get more and more , it’s a long season ahead and he’s already gaining favour.

I’ll take that over playing in the Serie A or Championship
Klejdi1023

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:36 pm
Klejdi1023 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:32 pm I don’t think this is a good move for Broja, clearly Southampton is going to start Adams and Armstrong over him, even though both look dogshit. Perhaps a year in the championship or a weaker PL team would have suited him better, even Udinese would have been better for him.
These are consistent mins in the premier league , he’ll get more and more , it’s a long season ahead and he’s already gaining favour.

I get it’s the PL, but unless he gets chances to start, how are 15-20 mins a game helping him ? If this continues and he doesn’t score, that will be so bad for his confidence.
CanaYouDoIt

Klejdi1023 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:43 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:36 pm

I get it’s the PL, but unless he gets chances to start, how are 15-20 mins a game helping him ? If this continues and he doesn’t score, that will be so bad for his confidence.
I don’t think it’s going to effect his confidence as we’ve seen . But with no wins in 5 the Southampton manager is going to have to switch things up soon. Basically been the worst team in the league since the beginning of the year .
Dallku

Broja is always a threat on counter attacks when the opponent is pushed up.

But he definitely needs to be stronger/more physical with defenders during aerial duels and hold up play. He needs some "Vedat Muriqi" in his game to be that complete striker. Then it will be impossible for coaches to bench him.
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:56 am Most stupid take I have ever seen on this forum. First of all there are MANY top goalkeepers who are 6'1 lol, that's not a restrictive height if you're good, but you think a keeper from the Superliga is better than Strakosha? How far has he fallen? He went from being one of the best young keepers in Italy to worse then Superliga level for having a bad patch in his career? Reactionary bs from many on this forum
Players who are not in form must not be called up, simple as that. National teams should be based on meritocracy, not nepotism.

Selmani is below average height for a keeper, giving the opponent an advantage right out the gate.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:49 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:56 am Most stupid take I have ever seen on this forum. First of all there are MANY top goalkeepers who are 6'1 lol, that's not a restrictive height if you're good, but you think a keeper from the Superliga is better than Strakosha? How far has he fallen? He went from being one of the best young keepers in Italy to worse then Superliga level for having a bad patch in his career? Reactionary bs from many on this forum
Players who are not in form must not be called up, simple as that. National teams should be based on meritocracy, not nepotism.

Selmani is below average height for a keeper, giving the opponent an advantage right out the gate.
That’s cool in concept but you don’t drop your best player over some poor form , we as a smaller nation can’t afford to drop Djimsiti let’s say because he gets a red card or plays badly for his team for a bit.
  • Information