Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:37 pm I think we can safely say Rrahmani is the best player out of Superliga. Maybe even better than Kumbulla this point.

Seriously, I couldn't care less about Rashica, but this one hurt.
Yeah he's definitely the best to play in the Superliga.

He also had by far the biggest individual improvement. Dude was ok but shaky when he played for Albania u21 and Partizani. That's why Dinamo Zagreb sent him on loan to Lokomotiva. Now he's pretty high level.
Princ

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:37 pm I think we can safely say Rrahmani is the best player out of Superliga.
I will take a good attacker over a good defender anyday.

Olayinka led his team to quarter finals of Europa League, scoring goals against the best in the world.
Dallku

Speaking of attackers, Caleb Ekuban also deserves a shout out. He was a beast for Partizani and has improved tremendously since.

Ghana international, Genoa player now and valued at 7 million. https://www.transfermarkt.com/caleb-eku ... ler/199953
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:33 am Speaking of attackers, Caleb Ekuban also deserves a shout out. He was a beast for Partizani and has improved tremendously since.

Ghana international, Genoa player now and valued at 7 million. https://www.transfermarkt.com/caleb-eku ... ler/199953
I just found out Ekuban was born in Verona.
Skenderbeu9

17yo Leonid Mina made his debut for Andi Lila's former club Pas Giannina at Greece
He should be our next Mitaj
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Skenderbeu9 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:32 pm 17yo Leonid Mina made his debut for Andi Lila's former club Pas Giannina at Greece
He should be our next Mitaj
He deserves to get scouted by our U19/U21. The NT callup doesn’t make sense for these youth players unless we play them few minutes to cap them making it difficult to switch after that.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Hasenhuttl (Southampton boss) On Broja : From the beginning, against Sheffield United, he didn’t play well & for Albania he’s always coming from the bench. I think he’s a very good sub. I don’t know if he is immediately ready for 90 minutes from the beginning.

There must be something more to it. Maybe he is a difficult player to coach?

We can say Reja is dumb all we want but his club coach is saying the exact same thing (Didn't play well when he was started e.g San Marino and England the first time, and is better as a sub)

Che Adams is injured (first-choice forward) and that's his reaction when asked about Broja.. Confusing.
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:56 pm Hasenhuttl (Southampton boss) On Broja : From the beginning, against Sheffield United, he didn’t play well & for Albania he’s always coming from the bench. I think he’s a very good sub. I don’t know if he is immediately ready for 90 minutes from the beginning.

There must be something more to it. Maybe he is a difficult player to coach?

We can say Reja is dumb all we want but his club coach is saying the exact same thing (Didn't play well when he was started e.g San Marino and England the first time, and is better as a sub)

Che Adams is injured (first-choice forward) and that's his reaction when asked about Broja.. Confusing.

For Albania it's unacceptable because even if it's true that he might be a better sub than starter it's still irrelevant because the strikers who start in his place are horrific as starters AND as subs. So starting a Manaj for example would hurt the team 10x more than starting Broja. If we had a striker close to Broja's level then fair enough but it's not even close at this point. What Reja is doing is the equivalent of Norway benching Haaland only to sub him in late. It's insanity.

For Southampton I can't judge because they probably do have high level professionals who can start in his place so they have more resources to use him as a super sub(unlike Albania). But even for Southampton the coach's reasoning is a bit unfair because he's judging on a very tiny sample size. He says that he was shit in one game as a starter but he's not always great as a sub either.
artan

Broja needs to work harder defensively if he wants to start for Southampton. He’s got all the talent offensively but defensively he does get lazy. He can get away with that in Holland but the Premier league you need more professionalism and complete players. Also Southampton is a smaller club in the league who have to fight for survival.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Broja needs a coach that motivates him and shows him trust otherwise this will have a bad impact on him. Both Reja and Hasenhuttl make up pathetic excuses with the first playing scrubs like Manaj and the second basing his judgement on his performance with Albania. Hasenhuttl’s speach that Broja’s could be only a good sub doesn’t stand, the players he’s been playing in attack have failed miserably to score a single goal this season missing some easy tapins. He can’t judge him by his performance with Albania. Instead of helping out gems Reja’s decisionmaking will influence their club performance. He needs to leave ASAP. Playing Balaj and Manaj ahead of Broja says it all...
  • Information