Hungary vs. Albania - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - October 9, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:00 pm
Plako wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:55 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:41 pmReja has some real balls to leave Bajrami on the bench in such a important game lol
You'd expect Hungary to come out guns blazing as they need a result or they're out so Cekici may be a better fit in the first half. Bajrami can be subbed in second half when Hungary will be tired. Same with Broja.
Cekici isn't a defensive option lol. He's probably worst defensively than Bajrami since he doesn't have the legs or willingness to press like Bajrami.

Truthfully, we should want Hungary to come out guns blazing. Hungary isn't an attacking team and they struggle when they need to break down teams. They're best when they're defending and playing counter attacking football like Albania under GDB. In that situation, we can get some attacking chances and throw them off. It's why Balliu needs to be in place of Trashi (or even Roshi) and Bajrami in the midfield.
Ok fair enough. I had no idea about Cekici's defensive ability, It was just speculation on my part.
Plako
Team: Partizani

I have e felling this game ends 2-0 for Hungary. This is the typical Albanian loss when we need to get a result.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Important to remember we play Poland straight after Hungary and they come from a easy light game against San Marino like Simboli mentioned so is possible Reja is thinking with fitness in mind
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:53 pm Important to remember we play Poland straight after Hungary and they come from a easy light game against San Marino like Simboli mentioned so is possible Reja is thinking with fitness in mind
Sure but the problem is that failure of victory here makes the Poland game completely pointless. Unfortunately Albania needs 6 points from Hungary and Poland if you want to fight for 2nd place.
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:53 pm Important to remember we play Poland straight after Hungary and they come from a easy light game against San Marino like Simboli mentioned so is possible Reja is thinking with fitness in mind
This is a must win game. If we lose we're eliminated (even if mathematicaly we may not) and if we draw our chances to qualify are extremely thin. Poland has 6 easy points against Andorra and San Marino, 1-3 points against Hungary and the match against us. While we have Hungary, Poland, England and Andorra. We essentially have to beat Hungary and Poland to go through to the playoffs as I don't see us getting points against England.

This is why it's crucial to play your best lineup. Start Bajrami, start the La Liga fullback over the amateur (Trashi), bench Cikaleshi who is useless against decent competition. This lineup Reja has doesn't have width nor doesn't it have pace. The only width we really have in the lineup is Uzuini. This is going to look alot like the matches we've seen over the years. We'll look slow and flat, we'll struggle to create attacking chances, the midfield will be compact, etc.

I think it's a draw .I'll say 1-1.
artan

Dallku wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:04 pm
Sure but the problem is that failure of victory here makes the Poland game completely pointless. Unfortunately Albania needs 6 points from Hungary and Poland if you want to fight for 2nd place.
This. Poland has two easy wins with San Marino and Andorra (6 points), a manageable match against Hungary (1 - 3 points) and the match agianst us which Poland are the favorites by far (1-3 points). That leaves them with a potential of 19-23 points.

We have Hungary, Poland, England and Andorra. The math says we can't drop any points against Hungary or Poland. If we do drop points against Hungary or Poland we'll have to beat England if we want a fighting chance for the second spot.
artan

Would any other country in Europe start a player playing in Kuwait over a La Liga starter with good performances in the league? Would any other country play third division strikers (manaj) or a player who hasn't scored in practically 2 years (Balaj)? Would they bench an up and coming Serie A player for a mid table turkish player? Would they bench a guy like Broja for a career journeyman in Cikaleshi?

Albania has made some bizzare lineup choices over the years.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Plako wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:30 pm
artan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:00 pm
Plako wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:55 pm

You'd expect Hungary to come out guns blazing as they need a result or they're out so Cekici may be a better fit in the first half. Bajrami can be subbed in second half when Hungary will be tired. Same with Broja.
Cekici isn't a defensive option lol. He's probably worst defensively than Bajrami since he doesn't have the legs or willingness to press like Bajrami.

Truthfully, we should want Hungary to come out guns blazing. Hungary isn't an attacking team and they struggle when they need to break down teams. They're best when they're defending and playing counter attacking football like Albania under GDB. In that situation, we can get some attacking chances and throw them off. It's why Balliu needs to be in place of Trashi (or even Roshi) and Bajrami in the midfield.
Ok fair enough. I had no idea about Cekici's defensive ability, It was just speculation on my part.
I have seen several games of Konyaspor this season and i was impressed by Cekici work rate. Cekici can cover more ground than Bajrami and will be definitively more focused defensively. I believe Reja prefers Cekici because of lack of form of Bajrami and because of chemistry Cekici has with Cikaleshi. I think after 65-70 minutes Broja will sub Cikaleshi and Bajrami will come on for Cekici.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

artan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:16 pm Would any other country in Europe start a player playing in Kuwait over a La Liga starter with good performances in the league? Would any other country play third division strikers (manaj) or a player who hasn't scored in practically 2 years (Balaj)? Would they bench an up and coming Serie A player for a mid table turkish player? Would they bench a guy like Broja for a career journeyman in Cikaleshi?

Benching Balliu for Trashi is clearly politics. He probably has something against Balliu at this point to start a Kuwaiti league player against an inform Laliga starter lmao. Broja hopefully plays the second half or else we arent scoring.
artan

Genti wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:29 pm
artan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:16 pm Would any other country in Europe start a player playing in Kuwait over a La Liga starter with good performances in the league? Would any other country play third division strikers (manaj) or a player who hasn't scored in practically 2 years (Balaj)? Would they bench an up and coming Serie A player for a mid table turkish player? Would they bench a guy like Broja for a career journeyman in Cikaleshi?

Benching Balliu for Trashi is clearly politics. He probably has something against Balliu at this point to start a Kuwaiti league player against an inform Laliga starter lmao. Broja hopefully plays the second half or else we arent scoring.
That’s definitely some of it. If Trashi was a Swiss diaspora player he would have never been called up in the first place.

I also think Reja is too tactical for his own good. He probably prefers a left footed left wingback and Hysaj on the right since he’s right footed. But Hysaj is probably a better left back at this part in his career
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
Genti
  • Information