Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:18 pm “Taulant Xhaka kurrë nuk e ka refuzuar kombtaren! i kam thënë Bulkut që nuk jam akoma 100% në formën time dhe më mirë ishte që të merrte një lojtar qe eshtë 100% në formë”.

“Këto janë gënjeshtra dhe nuk e di pse. Nuk është aspak e vertetë që unë kam refuzuar Kombëtaren, por isha 1 vit i lënduar dhe nuk isha në 100% në formë dhe nuk dua të rrezikoj prapë që të lëndohem. Në këtë mënyrë, i kam dhënë shansin një lojtari të ri që të grumbullohet”.

Xhaka diplomatically saying he doesn’t want to risk playing for the NT.
Xhaka hasn't played for us for over a year. Let's just move on. Seeing how Xhaka behaves it makes me appreciate more players like Lenjani who answer the call every single time.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Plako wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:27 pm Xhaka hasn't played for us for over a year. Let's just move on. Seeing how Xhaka behaves it makes me appreciate more players like Lenjani who answer the call every single time.
Last time he played for us was in early 2019. The previous year he picked up an injury playing with us, he broke his collateral knee ligament which took a while to recover. He has played 30 games for us and he’s clearly not at his 100%, he’s just cashing in before retiring. We should just give him some slack and consider him retired.
These users thanked the author Simboli i Diellit for the post:
Dallku
artan

Yea, Xhaka is done with the NT. A year ago he seemed like a good addition since our midfield was thinner than it is now but with Bare steadily becoming a key player for us, the poaching up Bajrami, Abrashi still having legs, Laci showing he can be a alternative option proves that Xhaka isn't needed anymore. The truth is we weren't going to get the 2014 - 2015 version of Xhaka who was tremendous but a washed up version of Xhaka who probably doesn't have the legs he used to.

I do like how he called it quits instead of wasting another 3-4 years of us calling him up. I just wish Balaj would do the same. Just call it quits man.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
Dallku
Dallku

All this focus Xhaka is getting makes it seem like Albania is missing on some world class player. Could Xhaka still contribute? Sure... especially when 3-4 other midfielders are out but let's not get it twisted. Dude has been in and out of Basel lineups, very injury prone, and clearly not the same player as he was 6 years ago. Even 6 years ago he wasn't that great. We were just that desperate and standards were low.

Right now Albania has a top 4 league player at every position except Gjasula's, and even Gjasula played in the Bundesliga for one year.

Laci also has potential to be a top 4 league player.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:10 pm All this focus Xhaka is getting makes it seem like Albania is missing on some world class player. Could Xhaka still contribute? Sure... especially when 3-4 other midfielders are out but let's not get it twisted. Dude has been in and out of Basel lineups, very injury prone, and clearly not the same player as he was 6 years ago. Even 6 years ago he wasn't that great. We were just that desperate and standards were low.

Right now Albania has a top 4 league player at every position except Gjasula's, and even Gjasula played in the Bundesliga for one year.

Laci also has potential to be a top 4 league player.
Right, Laci's team is in contention for promotion and he seems to improve year on year. We're not desperate anymore.
Simboli i Diellit

Djimsiti’s fracture will need a 30 days prognosis. He could back for England’s game.
Simboli i Diellit

“E takova Uzunin para ndeshjes. Kishin parë rastin e golit me Hungarinë dhe momentin kur mund ti pasonte Uzunit. Na tregoi që kur shkuan të nesërmen në stërvitje, Broja rrinte si i mënjanuar. Një javë i shkonte dhe i thoshte: “Më fal që nuk të pasova“. Ndërkohë Uzuni i thoshte që s’ka gjë, rëndësi ka që bëre golin”, ka thënë Ylli Aga.

If Broja would be missing the easy chances Uzuni wastes every game it would be another story. Useless though pressuring him for sacking it in the net from chances he’s creating out of nowhere.

I rewatched the game. He isn’t the type of player that presses a lot but he was kinda pressing. (except two moments he was walking) He is the only typical striker we got there as both Cikalleshi and Manaj are a kind of second striker. Cikalleshi in superliga was playing as a 2nd striker/attacking midfielder/right wing. Most of the minutes Broja played when the team was defending he was inside the midfield line. He said he had picked up a contusion in training and obviusly can’t expect him to run from our backline to the opponents.

Hope all the players avaiable can have enough time to recover for Poland’s game. They have rested Zielinski and Lewandovski (played 60 min). Hope the fans will be a big motivation for our players and they can give their 100%.
Simboli i Diellit

Berat had a Galeazzi/Monteggia fracture of the forearm. It will most likely take 6 weeks to heal after surgery with plate fixation and to completely heal in 3-6 months. He could come back after 6 weeks but might be afraid to enter air duels or contrasts.

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:24 pm Berat had a Galeazzi/Monteggia fracture of the forearm. It will most likely take 6 weeks to heal after surgery with plate fixation and to completely heal in 3-6 months. He could come back after 6 weeks but might be afraid to enter air duels or contrasts.

Shit. Hope Djim comes back strong. Worst player to have a long-term injury to. Luckily its not the legs to leave any big effect to his playing ability.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Reja when asked if Broja will start against Poland :

"I do not know why you always ask me this question. We have 23 players and anyone can start. He must work on the team game and 90 minutes. I use him for the characteristics he has, after the opposing defense becomes tired and disorganised, and there is space, he can be important with his speed."
  • Information