Albania vs. Poland - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - October 12, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

It seems like only Albania makes these bizzare lineup selections. Only Albania would bench a La Liga starter who has played well so far for a Kuwaiti player, one of the most talented strikers in his generation for Manaj and not find a place for an up and coming Serie A player in Bajrami. You think a country like Macedonia would bench a guy like Broja or Balliu for a player playing in Kuwait? Only we play these amateurs who in Kuwait or in the Third Division of Spain in the lineup. I'm not sure if it's nepotism from the FSHF in getting their friends in the lineup or it's just Reja overthinking it. Maybe he really thinks a pure left footed player in Trashi will make the difference or that Manaj's apparent hold up play is balance for the team.? Would Trashi even be called up if he was a Diaspora player? This has been a problem for us since 2017 it seems. At least under Panucci it made sense since the talent was so bad under him that he had to experiment but not playing Broja over Manaj who has 28 senior appearances and chance after chance for club to prove himself is inexcusable. You're playing the game with 10 men when you have these amateurs in because they count for half a player. I feel like a dead horse about these lineup selections.

As for the game It was a tale of two halves. The first half they played really well and almost scored an goal. They created many chances but ultimately in the final third they were a bit clumsy because we have no experience in creating choices so it kinda just resulted in a desperate cross to the box. But overall, they played really well and probably should have went in 1 - 0. Second half Poland really started to press and started to really control the game and it was night and day. This is where the quality really comes in. In the first half when we had space on the ball and Poland isn't pressing guys our guys aren't put in panic situations but when that pressure comes on they flop. I think if we played our best guys we could have got a draw or maybe stole this one. No reason for Reja to not play his best guys when you have that crowd and energy.

MOTM was Kumbulla who was a beast.
Ismajli and Veseli both were immense and stepped up big.
Bare was good in first half but struggled in second half
Manaj 0/10. I think you can pick a hat out of any Superliga striker and they'd do better. This guy will be playing with Roshi and co in the Turkish first division next year
You can tell the moment was too big for Trashi. Offers nothing
Ramadani had a decent game. He pressed really well and made some good interceptions. He was alittle nervous ball but overall he did his job imo.
Uzuini was non existent.
Hysaj was average. First half he was very good and he did his job defensively as usual. However, big mistake and offensively he can be a liability. His crossing and decision making with the ball is just confusing. That's why I think he should be moved to the left permanently to accommodate Balliu
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
Simboli i Diellit
Skenderbeu9

artan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:51 am It seems like only Albania makes these bizzare lineup selections. Only Albania would bench a La Liga starter who has played well so far for a Kuwaiti player, one of the most talented strikers in his generation for Manaj and not find a place for an up and coming Serie A player in Bajrami. You think a country like Macedonia would bench a guy like Broja or Balliu for a player playing in Kuwait? Only we play these amateurs who in Kuwait or in the Third Division of Spain in the lineup. I'm not sure if it's nepotism from the FSHF in getting their friends in the lineup or it's just Reja overthinking it. Maybe he really thinks a pure left footed player in Trashi will make the difference or that Manaj's apparent hold up play is balance for the team.? Would Trashi even be called up if he was a Diaspora player? This has been a problem for us since 2017 it seems. At least under Panucci it made sense since the talent was so bad under him that he had to experiment but not playing Broja over Manaj who has 28 senior appearances and chance after chance for club to prove himself is inexcusable. You're playing the game with 10 men when you have these amateurs in because they count for half a player. I feel like a dead horse about these lineup selections.

As for the game It was a tale of two halves. The first half they played really well and almost scored an goal. They created many chances but ultimately in the final third they were a bit clumsy because we have no experience in creating choices so it kinda just resulted in a desperate cross to the box. But overall, they played really well and probably should have went in 1 - 0. Second half Poland really started to press and started to really control the game and it was night and day. This is where the quality really comes in. In the first half when we had space on the ball and Poland isn't pressing guys our guys aren't put in panic situations but when that pressure comes on they flop. I think if we played our best guys we could have got a draw or maybe stole this one. No reason for Reja to not play his best guys when you have that crowd and energy.

Manaj 0/10. I think you can pick a hat out of any Superliga striker and they'd do better. This guy will be playing with Roshi and co in the Turkish first division next year
Ramadani had a decent game. He pressed really well and made some good interceptions. He was alittle nervous ball but overall he did his job imo.
Uzuini was non existent.
Hysaj was average. First half he was very good and he did his job defensively as usual. However, big mistake and offensively he can be a liability. His crossing and decision making with the ball is just confusing. That's why I think he should be moved to the left permanently to accommodate Balliu

It's definitely not Albania
It is a national team thing for sure and not club football one
For example England didn't play Scholes Netherlands Seedorf Germany Effenberg Spain is not playing De Gea France didn't called Laporte and called Zouma didn't called till now arguably the best offensive LB in the world Theo and played there Mendy or even Digne Greece has dropped Manolas and Sokratis
Some players are asslick their coach constantly so they call them and even play them before much better players
Just remember Robinho has 100 caps for Brazil...
More than Ronaldo,Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Kaka' and he played football approximately the same time with all those legends
artan

Skenderbeu9 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:19 am
artan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:51 am It seems like only Albania makes these bizzare lineup selections. Only Albania would bench a La Liga starter who has played well so far for a Kuwaiti player, one of the most talented strikers in his generation for Manaj and not find a place for an up and coming Serie A player in Bajrami. You think a country like Macedonia would bench a guy like Broja or Balliu for a player playing in Kuwait? Only we play these amateurs who in Kuwait or in the Third Division of Spain in the lineup. I'm not sure if it's nepotism from the FSHF in getting their friends in the lineup or it's just Reja overthinking it. Maybe he really thinks a pure left footed player in Trashi will make the difference or that Manaj's apparent hold up play is balance for the team.? Would Trashi even be called up if he was a Diaspora player? This has been a problem for us since 2017 it seems. At least under Panucci it made sense since the talent was so bad under him that he had to experiment but not playing Broja over Manaj who has 28 senior appearances and chance after chance for club to prove himself is inexcusable. You're playing the game with 10 men when you have these amateurs in because they count for half a player. I feel like a dead horse about these lineup selections.

Uzuini was non existent.

It's definitely not Albania
It is a national team thing for sure and not club football one
For example England didn't play Scholes Netherlands Seedorf Germany Effenberg Spain is not playing De Gea France didn't called Laporte and called Zouma didn't called till now arguably the best offensive LB in the world Theo and played there Mendy or even Digne Greece has dropped Manolas and Sokratis
Some players are asslick their coach constantly so they call them and even play them before much better players
Just remember Robinho has 100 caps for Brazil...
More than Ronaldo,Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Kaka' and he played football approximately the same time with all those legends
Eh Those teams are stacked in their talent pool and those guys were benched for coaches preference. Regardless, the players they were replaced with were still of high quality. For example, Scholes didn’t play Becusss England had Beckham, Gerrard and Lampard. de Gea got benched because he sucked for Spain and they have 10 other goalies they can pick from. Theo just recently played because France won the World Cup with his brother at LB who was better at the time. The only time I think England did this was when they started Heskey.

You don’t see smaller - mid sized nations do this. If they can get a player playing in a top 4 league they poach them up and start them instantly. You don’t see Macedonia benching Ademi for a Bulgarian reject. If Macedonia had Broja you bet they wouldn’t be starting a random striker playing in Cyprus over him. Same with Balliu.

Albania has been blessed with a large diaspora pool and yet we don’t even utilize it properly.
Dallku

^ Kosovo is a good example too. Rashica has been bad for like 30 games straight but you don't see him getting benched for some 2nd division amateur so he can come late in the 2nd against "tired defenses". Nobody does this shit because it's not logical even if you might get lucky like Albania did against Hungary.

It's actually surprising that he's not benching Kumbulla for a Dermaku or something. That's how he's treating the midfielders and attackers. It's not right. For small teams like Albania you have to play your most talented players because they have the biggest potential to do something.

And what motivation does Broja have when he watches from the bench Manaj be Poland's best player for 70 minutes... How can he not get pissed off at that and expect to perform?? Makes no sense.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
Simboli i Diellit
Princ

Dallku wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:53 am And what motivation does Broja have when he watches from the bench Manaj be Poland's best player for 70 minutes... How can he not get pissed off at that and expect to perform?? Makes no sense.
Ironically, the plan to bring Broja on as a super sub did not even have a chance to work today. It was sabotaged when the visitors took 30 minute locker room break to catch their breath.

I am with you that he should start from now on, especially considering that our dream is most likely over.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Poland coach : We made good decisions tactically. We knew that when Albania plays at home, they change the middle of the field, to play with 3 midfielders and play with 3 up front. We were fully prepared, our defense continues to improve. We knew there would be a lot of duels and all the defenders had to stay focused.

Well that's helpful insight. No wonder we got shut down if our tactics got read like a book.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

We're so terrible offensively at home against bigger teams

Portugal 0-1 (last minute goal)
Serbia 0-2 (last minute goals)
Turkey 0-2
Spain 0-2
Italy 0-1 (last 20 minutes goal)
England 0-2
France 0-2
Poland 0-1 (last 15 minute goal)

Literally you have to go back to 2013 when Salihi scored a consolation penalty against Switzerland at the end. We can score against some even-level teams like Norway and Hungary, but superior teams, we are so so terrible, especially at home.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post (total 2):
Simboli i DiellitDallku
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Footage has come out showing polish fans throwing bottles first at Albania fans. Interesting, the ref didn’t bat an eyelid.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:50 am Footage has come out showing polish fans throwing bottles first at Albania fans. Interesting, the ref didn’t bat an eyelid.
It’s different theowing them against fans vs theowing them against players.
Follen eagle

That's simple, looks that Albanian fans behave like idiots. Don't understand how they would like to present its country from this perspective on international level.
Poland was better and that's the fact, also if you will compare culture of publicity (which is not top at the moment, still many years in front of Albania).
Thought to go to this country, but it looks that this is waste of money - will go to Greece or Croatia instead.

All in all... the winner is:
POLSKA!
  • Information