Albania vs. Poland - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - October 12, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I noticed something about Reja's tactics. The wide players always go wide and try to whip it in the penalty box, or try to score from tight angles. Poland covered the wings pretty well with multiple players, but left the space in front of defenders empty.

This is why you run to the byline and cut back, which is wide play 101.

It worked against Hungary, but we really should have cut back those wide passes. If there are no strikers there, there are midfielders making late runs. Instead players tried to take on multiple defenders on the wings.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Aurora Bulkualis

Also, Ismajli just isn't that good of a defender. He always overcommits in his challenges, and gets passed by so easily. Happens both club and country. I'd like to go to a back 4 with Djimsiti and Kumbulla tbh. Both of them are better centrally anyhow, especially Kumbulla.

Ditto for Berisha. He just fucking sucks. Beaten near post like that is a shame for any goalkeeper. Strakosha is just better fullstop.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post (total 2):
CanaYouDoItSimboli i Diellit
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:51 am Also, Ismajli just isn't that good of a defender. He always overcommits in his challenges, and gets passed by so easily. Happens both club and country. I'd like to go to a back 4 with Djimsiti and Kumbulla tbh. Both of them are better centrally anyhow, especially Kumbulla.

Ditto for Berisha. He just fucking sucks. Beaten near post like that is a shame for any goalkeeper. Strakosha is just better fullstop.
The 4atb would make us more solid as it would put Hysaj in a position he actually plays and thrives in. If Kumbulla can play anywhere close to this last game next to Djim who is always solid then we will have a very solid defence. Would also free up an extra attacker.
Aurora Bulkualis

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:25 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:51 am Also, Ismajli just isn't that good of a defender. He always overcommits in his challenges, and gets passed by so easily. Happens both club and country. I'd like to go to a back 4 with Djimsiti and Kumbulla tbh. Both of them are better centrally anyhow, especially Kumbulla.

The 4atb would make us more solid as it would put Hysaj in a position he actually plays and thrives in. If Kumbulla can play anywhere close to this last game next to Djim who is always solid then we will have a very solid defence. Would also free up an extra attacker.
Honestly, the only way I think we could have considered back 3, was if Rrahmani stayed with us. Otherwise it's not worth it.
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:51 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:25 am

Honestly, the only way I think we could have considered back 3, was if Rrahmani stayed with us. Otherwise it's not worth it.
Yup, those 3 would have been a top tier defense. But without him the depth is no where near as good. A 2 means that if one of Kumbulla or Djim goes down you have Ismajli which is not too bad of a drop off but going from those to guys like Veseli is much more detrimental.
artan

I always thought the problem with the back three is that we really need wingbacks to make it work. Wingbacks really need to provide width due to how compact a 3-5-2 is and they should be able to provide some attacking ability. Hysaj tries to attack and provide width but it's ugly and his crossing isn't good while Trashi/Memolla/Lenjani are just all amateurish at this point. Combine that with the fact that during Reja's tenure he normally played two central strikers that are immobile and can't provide attacking flexibility it created a flat lineup with no width, pace, counter attacking ability and at times we can barely pass midfield. They really need to start playing some attacking player opposite opposite of Hysaj at wingback. Maybe Mitaj can grow into that by the time next qualifiers start, maybe someone like Uzuini can play there, maybe they play a flat out winger like Sahiti.
Dallku

As frustrating as Hysaj can be, he's a victim of Edi Reja.

The reason he does "too much" and holds the ball too much is because he just doesn't want to give the ball away blindly and kick it randomly. He assesses the options and scouts for an opportunity... Unfortunately that has bitten him in the ass but that's why Reja is at fault for not having options for Hysaj and even Bare to pass the ball to.
  • Information