Albania vs. Andorra - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - November 15, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Apart from Reja's horrible evaluation of players, De Biasi at the very least fixed set pieces. That is #1 difference between him and Reja tactically. They were both horrendous anti-footballers, but De Biasi at least we had the option of scoring from set pieces.

Our first major away win (at Norway) came from Bulku and Salihi set piece. BULKU. Imagine Bulku assisting against anyone who isn't San Marino.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Aurora Bulkualis

Btw, how hilarious is this. 19 shots and 1 goal that came from a penalty.

The truth is most of those players were Andorra level.
Klejdi1023

Second half we looked pretty good attacking on the wings with the 4-3-3. There is absolutely no player on this team that can do wingback, but put players in their natural position and things will go smoother on the wings. I hope Reja realizes that this is the way forward from now on if he even stays on as coach.
Aurora Bulkualis

I love that Sokol Kushta out of all people put these morons in their place. Your 18 points was 12 points vs. amateurs +.6 from Broja, who you isolated out of the squad.

http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/u-hap- ... torik-por/

This dude starred down Barca and didn't give a f***. They passed us 2 years in a row by GD, and only beat us 1/4 games. Now 30 something years later he sees his NT excited about beating bartenders.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post:
Plako
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:05 pm I love that Sokol Kushta out of all people put these morons in their place. Your 18 points was 12 points vs. amateurs +.6 from Broja, who you isolated out of the squad.

This dude starred down Barca and didn't give a f***. They passed us 2 years in a row by GD, and only beat us 1/4 games. Now 30 something years later he sees his NT excited about beating bartenders.
The bar is set so low with everything. Journalists hype up scrubs like Cikaleshi, Balaj, etc, and call them bombers after scoring penalties in friendlies which guarantees their starting spot for the next year. When one of our players misses an easy goal it's always we're unlucky like that Uzuini miss against England where the announcers saying we're unlucky. Our team and officials celebrating barely winning a nations league group against Kazakhstan, Belarus and Lithuania like it's a world cup. This team has been a disaster for years now but we always have that one friendly which we do okay and some games against the minnows which inflate our records. I've said this last year but winning the Nations League qualifier was a mistake as it allowed this disaster to continue for another year (or longer if Reja continues). I'm not even going to go into detail about the incompetency in the Superliga..

They're never held accountable. No one ever dares to question the players or FSHF officials. Bunch of yes men all around whether it's the media, the players (more so the Cikaleshi's and Roshi's of the world), the staff (Bushi, Bulku, Salihi, etc) because they want a piece of the action. Lala spoke up and he was quickly removed. Panucci seemed to spoke up too (even if he wasn't a good coach) and got removed.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
Aurora Bulkualis

You guys seem to easly forget why De Biasi was sacked
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:05 pm I love that Sokol Kushta out of all people put these morons in their place. Your 18 points was 12 points vs. amateurs +.6 from Broja, who you isolated out of the squad.

Sokol Kushta was a beast. Best Albanian forward from the 1980's to present. He scored 10 goals in 31 games, 8 of them in qualifers. For comparison Igli Tare scored 10 in 68. Although he came last he also made the Ballon D'Or list in 1987 .

http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/europa-poy87.html
These users thanked the author Plako for the post (total 2):
Aurora BulkualisCanaYouDoIt
Princ

Guest wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:49 pm You guys seem to easly forget why De Biasi was sacked
De Biasi was not sacked, nor was there any plan to sack him.

He resigned following a victory at Israel.
Dallku

De Biasi had nothing more to give. That enthusiasm/motivation was gone after the Euros and that group of players was already limited with a few retiring/declining. DB's style, work, and LUCK was never going to be a consistent thing.

After De Biasi it was pretty much a transition period so Albania naturally regressed. Now the team needs to find ways to go back to being competitive against any team. It has the talent and potential to do it.

Albania needs to re-learn how to play against better teams. It sure as hell hasn't found it with Reja.
artan

I don't think he should come back as the NT manager (i'd take him over Reja) but I wonder how he would do with this crop of players. He'd probably be able to utilize Bare, Laci and Uzuini really well since all of them are aggressive and can press. A guy like Bajrami might be in the dog house though. Maybe he would play Balliu as a winger like how he played Lenjani and Lila as wingers. But I do think this core of players can play that pressing style of play and it might be better for that because this team doesn't have discipline or the IQ to play other styles.

---------Broja
Bajrami-Bare-Laci-Abrashi-Uzuini
Hysaj---Kumb--Gym--Balliu
------Strakosha
  • Information