Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

artan wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:42 am Strakosha is pretty much Berisha 2.0. Berisha didn’t have the club pedigree Strakosha had but there was a stretch where Berisha was great for the NT and bailed us out numerous times in the 2016 qualifiers. Then he became this erratic goal keeper who made constant blunders and let in soft goals.
Kan mbushur xhepat dhe nuk e qethin me per futboll.

Hysaj nuk ishte lojtar i keq rreth 2014 deri ne 2016, por kur e sheh duke luajtur kto vitet e fundit, te hap barkun. Berisha, po ashtu..

Kta te dy, te pakten arriten dicka me De Biasin dikur, kurse Strakosha eshte 0 me kombetaren.
CanaYouDoIt

Was looking at the lineups for the FA Cup and noticed the name Besart Topalloj on the Millwall bench, another young Albanian in England. We just need a few of these guys to become championship level players and it would help us so much.
Princ

Manaj is carving out a nice role for himself with Spezia.

After Cikalleshi retires, Broja and Manaj will hold it down. Should be a solid pairing for years to come as I believe their traits compliment each other well.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Manaj has had a tough time in front of goal so far this season but he played a great game today as false 9. If he could finish the opportunities he seems to get every game he could be top level.

Getting better every game and adapting to the higher level defenders versus the binmen he was facing before. I think, if Spezia stay up, he will have his breakout season next season.
Dallku

Manaj, a striker, has as many goals this season as Balliu and Hysaj who are fullbacks.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:24 pm Balliu and Hysaj
Which of these scored 6 goals for Albania?

Manaj is not a clinical finisher, but he is improving and his skill set will compliment Broja. Good hold up play, wins fouls, strong physically, decently tall, can score every now and then, etc.

By no means a superstar, but he will do the trick..
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:24 pm Manaj, a striker, has as many goals this season as Balliu and Hysaj who are fullbacks.
Well it's not that he is getting zoned out the game or can't beat the defenders, he is creating opportunities and playing well but has been very wasteful. If he can improve his finishing he would have 6-7 goals by now. He has benched Mbala Nzola who had 11 goals and 4 assists in Serie A last season for Spezia and was their best player.

I would also add he has played a lot of minutes as AM/F9 instead of pure striker.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:24 pm Manaj, a striker, has as many goals this season as Balliu and Hysaj who are fullbacks.
That's his style. He's a non-scoring striker. It's like a non-arresting cop, or non-cooking chef.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post (total 2):
Simboli i DiellitDallku
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

What a save by that bum Strakosha
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Shit, I jinxed it
  • Information