Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Bastien Toma moving back to Switzerland , its a shame. When will these guys learn that playing for Albania will help their careers instead they stay stagnant
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:02 pm Bastien Toma moving back to Switzerland , its a shame. When will these guys learn that playing for Albania will help their careers instead they stay stagnant
Fans also need to stop overrating them just because they are Swiss products. Yes there have been a few decent ones but the vast majority have ended up being trash, especially in recent years.

The current Swiss NT is still stuck with Shaqiri and Xhaka as core players. Their other Albanians are meh at best.
artan

Bekim Balaj to Boluspor in the Turkish Second division (13th place). Rey Manaj and Sokol Cikaleshi, you're next.
Dallku

artan wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:26 pm Bekim Balaj to Boluspor in the Turkish Second division (13th place). Rey Manaj and Sokol Cikaleshi, you're next.

The shit part is that they do this because they know they are guaranteed a place in the NT. It's what I've always said to be the main problem... just because someone plays abroad(anywhere) doesn't automatically mean they are NT material. Albania needs to mature beyond that stage and start valuing talent. Players like Trashi who play in Kuwait shouldn't be in the team.

Hopefully this new core of players with Broja and Kumbulla help the media realize this too because so far they have gone along with this amateurism.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
Simboli i Diellit
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Granada has paid Ferencvaros 3.5 million euros for Uzuni and the transfer is going to be announced on deadline day.

Interesting move for him. LaLiga is a slower league but Granada is a defensive team who he can be valuable for on the counter attack. I think this will actually go pretty well for him and he'll do good there.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Uzuni fits in the la Liga. Another Superliga product ending in Top-4 leagues. This should be another example for domestic players that they can reach high levels even from Superliga.
Dallku

Myrto officially a professional?

The only downside of this is that Granada is 6 points away from relegation but if they can survive it's obviously a great move.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Myrto isn’t what we expected him to be but he could play in a midtable/lowtable Serie A team.
CanaYouDoIt

Damn Uzuni in the big leagues. Hopefully he learns how to not bottle easy chances
artan

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:08 pm Myrto isn’t what we expected him to be but he could play in a midtable/lowtable Serie A team.
I think he is. Myrto has always created alot of chances, provides width/pace and he shows alot of energy defensively. His downside is that his finishing is poor and we shouldn't be surprised since Ferencvaros has dominated Hungary so he gets multiple easy chances to score. With the NT he doesn't get those same easy chances (1 - 2 a game if he's lucky) but he still works his ass off and creates chances. I'm willing to put up with this unlike Balaj/Cika/Manaj who don't do anything without the ball and are poor goal poachers.

I think he'll be fine in Spain. The fact that he plays with alot of heart and has some pace will give him chances to play. It's why the Roshi's always failed because despite the raw talent they're generally very lazy and are a liability defensively.
  • Information