Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:53 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:22 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:06 pm

You've tried to make this point before, didn't work then , doesn't work now. Much like your view on stuff outside of football its wrong.

The guys you hate : Hysaj, Bare

The guys you love : Albi Doka

So who wins , a team of Hysaj's and Bare's or a team of Doka's ?
Well I'm not sure why he was fixated on Doka but he is right Hysaj hasn't been very good over the last year. Even under Sarri who he knows the system of inside out now he lost his spot and was a unused substitute in the last Lazio game.

He has taken quite a dip.
Ok he's taken a dip and what ? He's still the best we got and by a huge margin. Thats the point, you cant shit on these guys when the drop off is from Top 4 league starter to croatian league bench player
We don't have any alternative for Hysaj that's near his ability so he of course should be a starter but I think what Princ said earlier is important in that just playing in a top5 league should not guarantee you a spot.
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:25 pm [
This already happened.

I remember certain users here writing he should go back to the U21 or that he wouldn't make the Greek bench after he had one bad game for us.

Also, playing in a top5 league doesn't automatically mean you should start or play for Albania. Manaj starts in Serie A and we all know what you think of him. Veseli also started in Serie A when he was getting a run of games with the NT and he was shit. Sometimes, the alternative with less pedigree, like Roshi, can be better on a NT level.

Doesn't apply to Hysaj because Doka is garbage and just a track athlete but you should always consider all alternatives, even if they play in worse leagues.

That was when he was a raw youth player who still didn't know how to play. Now he's a different beast and an established EPL striker who's rumored to every big club in Europe so Albanians will be expecting performances that match his club level or even exceed them.

Manaj is literally the worst starting striker in Serie a(statistically and any metric you look at) and has no business being in that league. We are talking about proven players not one year flukes. Someone like Hysaj has 300+ caps in Serie A so that's clearly his level.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Hysaj is Serie A level, but he's more like mid-table level player. He's also been borderline bench player in every team he's played besides Empoli.

These mid-table level players just ain't all that. Just more consistent versions of players like Uzuni and Roshi.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:53 pmOk he's taken a dip and what ? He's still the best we got and by a huge margin. Thats the point, you cant shit on these guys when the drop off is from Top 4 league starter to croatian league bench player
That would be Gjimshiti. I don't think HJysaj was ever our best defender tbh. Before Gjim it was Mavraj that was the rock of our defense.

I have to say he's been probably our best attaching threat in a few games though.
These users thanked the author Plako for the post:
ZenMaster
Dallku

You guys have forgotten that Hysaj has solidified that position for nearly a decade.

It was Mavraj and Hysaj the reason Albania started becoming a professional, competitive side.

Before them Albania was conceding the most amateurish goals you can imagine... in literally every game.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post (total 2):
ZenMasterCanaYouDoIt
Princ

Hysaj was good back in 2014-16, but like most other De Biasi era players, his time is up.

Doka is next man up at the position, having given a good account of himself whenever called upon.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I've never really been a fan of the "X plays at Y club" logic. That's why I always put Roshi > Rashica in terms of NT. Quality is quality no matter where you play. There are many factors behind where someone plays like money, place of birth, timing, scouting, etc...

I was more than willing to give Doka a chance, but why is he being loaned to some random team in Hungary? Is he not even good enough for his team? I don't watch that team, and let's be real we barely know anything about this guy. Right now as things stand Hysaj/Balliu should be starters.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Most Albanian fans and pundits think Cikaleshi is a quality player. The media revolted against Panucci when he dropped him. This should tell you how serious we should take these fans and media.

Bare might just end up being the best midfielder we've had right after Lala. He's close atm.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:11 am Hysaj was good back in 2014-16, but like most other De Biasi era players, his time is up.

Doka is next man up at the position, having given a good account of himself whenever called upon.
You're forgetting Balliu, you know an actual professional who's playing in the La Liga.
CanaYouDoIt

Strakosha
Balliu Djim Kumbulla Hysaj
Bare Asllani
Uzuni Laci Bajrami
Broja

Thats the sort of lineup we should have by the end of the year, all 11 will be playing in a top 4 league (hopefully). On paper the best team we've had. All we need is a competent coach/FA and we can do big things.
  • Information