Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

^ They want Ramadani who was getting owned by Andorran players in the last game.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Plako
Team: Partizani

Straw man argument guys. I think the majority here are pro Bare :)
These users thanked the author Plako for the post:
ZenMaster
CanaYouDoIt

Plako wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:33 pm Straw man argument guys. I think the majority here are pro Bare :)
1) I don't think that's a strawman argument
2) It was literally a couple days ago where it was claimed he is too small to be our DM
Princ

Dallku wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:10 am Where he plays defines his level and professionalism.... And that always translates to the NT at least 9 out of ``10 times.

Unless it's a young and upcoming talent who naturally has to start from the bottom or a player heading towards the end of his career.. But if they spend the best times of their career bouncing around low-level leagues then that's obviously their level.

The only exception I can think of is Roshi but Roshi is a very unique case because of his pace. His pace a alone was helping the NT but Roshi as a player wasn't good enough for a good league. Technically, tactically, work ethic, etc.. he was always below average.
Not only the all-time assist leader Roshi, but a bunch of best Albanian players in history did not play in top leagues. De Biasi broke the top 25 with group of Swiss leaguers, Croatian leaguers and Greek leaguers!

All of Xhaka, Abrashi and Kukeli — best midfielders in history — spent the better part of their careers in Switzerland. Agolli, who held down the full back spot for a decade, did not play in a top league.

Bledar Kola, who scored on Germany, Sadiku, who scored on Romania, Balaj, who scored biggest goal ever at Portugal, Salihi, who scored on Norway, did not spend any meaningful time in top leagues.

Undisputed MVP of the last few years, Cikalleshi, has bounced around between Croatia and Turkey. I will remind you that the other super professionals could not win A SINGLE MATCH without him in 2020, faced with teams below the top 100.

Many of the most influential players in Albanian history play/played in the “depths of Europe.” I will ask you again, are you fan of Albania or fan of top leagues?
Princ

Dallku wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:23 pm ^ They want Ramadani who was getting owned by Andorran players in the last game.
Ramadani was the best player on the pitch in our World Cup final v. Poland.

I have posted numerous clips here of Bare getting owned at the expense of the Albanian NT.
CanaYouDoIt

Muriqi with another goal. Happy for him, always believed he was a good striker and he's showing it now in La Liga. Shame we lost him because him and Broja together would dominate international teams. 18 goals in 37 international apps is a very good record.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Hysaj with a gorgeous pass just now.
These users thanked the author Pjetër for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:45 pm
Dallku wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:10 am Where he plays defines his level and professionalism.... And that always translates to the NT at least 9 out of ``10 times.

Unless it's a young and upcoming talent who naturally has to start from the bottom or a player heading towards the end of his career.. But if they spend the best times of their career bouncing around low-level leagues then that's obviously their level.

The only exception I can think of is Roshi but Roshi is a very unique case because of his pace. His pace a alone was helping the NT but Roshi as a player wasn't good enough for a good league. Technically, tactically, work ethic, etc.. he was always below average.
Not only the all-time assist leader Roshi, but a bunch of best Albanian players in history did not play in top leagues. De Biasi broke the top 25 with group of Swiss leaguers, Croatian leaguers and Greek leaguers!

All of Xhaka, Abrashi and Kukeli — best midfielders in history — spent the better part of their careers in Switzerland. Agolli, who held down the full back spot for a decade, did not play in a top league.

Bledar Kola, who scored on Germany, Sadiku, who scored on Romania, Balaj, who scored biggest goal ever at Portugal, Salihi, who scored on Norway, did not spend any meaningful time in top leagues.

Undisputed MVP of the last few years, Cikalleshi, has bounced around between Croatia and Turkey. I will remind you that the other super professionals could not win A SINGLE MATCH without him in 2020, faced with teams below the top 100.

Many of the most influential players in Albanian history play/played in the “depths of Europe.” I will ask you again, are you fan of Albania or fan of top leagues?
Ok let's break this down.

The strength of that Di Biasi team was the defence I think we all can agree with that. That defence featured Cana, Mavraj, Hysaj, Agolli and Berisha in goal. 4 of those guys played in a top 4 league and Agolli was a starter in a team that played regularly in Europe, that's different to playing for bottom half croatian teams.

And Xhaka/Abrashi were not "Swiss league players" , Basel a regular CL team at the time and Abrashi played in the Bundesliga. So again the core of our squad played in the big leagues. Yes we had others who weren't but the key core were professionals.

So knowing all of that, how can you advocate to drop guys like Hysaj and Bare for Ramadani and Doka. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Bringing up Balaj does not help your cause. He had 1 moment, a great one but over the NT career of his he has been a bum and deserves to be no where near the team now.

We're trying to climb up and to make that next step we need more players in the big leagues, that’s where they can improve, not playing in Croatia.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Pjetër wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:15 pm Hysaj with a gorgeous pass just now.
Same Hysaj who doesn’t know the offside rules on Udinese’s first goal?
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

I would imagine it's the same guy.
  • Information