Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:11 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:49 pm Which penalty? 😂
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy2KSnuPMTs

6:18 - If that is a dive, I am Chinese..
You're not Chinese but you are a fool, because if that was a pen, did we score from the pen or did we miss ?
Dallku

So Manaj's greatest contribution to the NT is a non-call ... ?
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:02 pm Manaj has scored 2 accidents and one penalty in Serie A.

Those type of defensive blunders are extremely rare. That's why he has only done it twice in 19 games this season.
He played well outside of the goal too, in a team that literally creates nothing.

You can read Motta's words about him. He started the last 12 games for a reason. Many Albanians struggled to even start for a season in a top league, for example Cika never touched one. And no its not because they have no strikers, they have one that scored 11 last season on the bench.

Playing in a third division won't improve you, but playing in a top league will. He's looked less like a sack of shit and more like a useful player recently.
artan

Manaj has been given chance after chance for club and country and has always disappointed. I will need to see some more consistency from him and some regular goals (and not just tap ins) for me to reconsider him as a serious option.

With the NT he's had 28 appearances and 6 goals. 2 goals again San Marino. 1 against Belarus, 1 against Kazakhstan, 1 against Moldova and 1 against Andorra. These are amateur teams that any forward in the Superliga can score against. Against decent competition he's been poor and looked like he doesn't belong. It's the same with Cikaleshi and Balaj. At the end of the day Albania shouldn't be playing with two strikers nor should they accommodate guys like Cikaleshi or Manaj (referencing that Reja quote where they "deserved" to start more than Broja")
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I lol when the same people who are trashing Manaj (and rightly so) are also the ones propping Bare for "playing in a top league". Funny how that works. Getting minutes in a newly promoted team means jack shit. Even Memushaj was doing it. Lila too.

In reality the only "Top 5 league player" we have is Djimsiti because he's the only one who's consistently started for years in a Top league. Starting for a few months, or being on and off non-stop doesn't give you that stamp. Obviously we have some productive players like Broja and Kumbulla, but they've either just played for a few months, or are benchwarmers.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post:
ZenMaster
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:23 am I lol when the same people who are trashing Manaj (and rightly so) are also the ones propping Bare for "playing in a top league". Funny how that works. Getting minutes in a newly promoted team means jack shit. Even Memushaj was doing it. Lila too.

In reality the only "Top 5 league player" we have is Djimsiti because he's the only one who's consistently started for years in a Top league. Starting for a few months, or being on and off non-stop doesn't give you that stamp. Obviously we have some productive players like Broja and Kumbulla, but they've either just played for a few months, or are benchwarmers.
Absolutely wrong, Manaj is playing in a top league but he is terrible and I’d still start him over Balaj , that’s the type of argument happening here.

Bare is playing in a top league and doing well, that’s the difference and when you compare that to others at his position it’s not close. Would you rather have him or guys like Ramadani…

And saying Djim is our only player is disrespectful to the likes of Hysaj who’s been playing top level football for years now. Broja and Kumbulla have also proved themselves to be worthy of playing at that level.

The whole argument is starting these guys over their counterparts who play in shit leagues, and to anyone with a brain it’s a easy answer.
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:23 am I lol when the same people who are trashing Manaj (and rightly so) are also the ones propping Bare for "playing in a top league". Funny how that works. Getting minutes in a newly promoted team means jack shit. Even Memushaj was doing it. Lila too.

Espanyol is not some random newly promoted team like Spezia. Espenyol has historically been a pretty good La Liga side and their fans/management know what good players look like. So if they are praising Bare then he must be really good.

Memushaj was very good during those times he played in Serie A so not sure what your point is. I know Lila was a meme but if we're honest he was a serviceable utility player too. Rarely made amateurish mistakes ever.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:58 pm So Manaj's greatest contribution to the NT is a non-call ... ?
Nobody said anything about call of some corrupt official.

What I said was that Suga won the foul, which he clearly did. Easily bigger than anything Uzuni, Bare or Bajrami have done for the NT.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:35 pm
Dallku wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:58 pm So Manaj's greatest contribution to the NT is a non-call ... ?
Nobody said anything about call of some corrupt official.

What I said was that Suga won the foul, which he clearly did. Easily bigger than anything Uzuni, Bare or Bajrami have done for the NT.
He cleary didn't win the foul , considering we didn't get the pen. Dont be stupid...

So a non-call is a bigger moment than Uzuni, ok fair, no one rates him ... Bare ? A CM playing in this system , I'd hope the ST has more moments and Bajrami who's played 5 games with us lmao...

Your boy is a bum, just deal with it. And please stop calling it a pen or saying he won the foul when he didn't
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Gonna be sitting around telling my grandkids about the time Rey Manaj didn't get a penalty. Iconic moment.
  • Information