Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Kumbulla had a solid game today against Vitesse. https://www.calcionews24.com/pagelle-vi ... 2021-2022/

Djimsiti playing against Leverkusen: http://weakstreams.com/soccer-streams/u ... sen/56119/
Princ

Dallku wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:09 pm It hasn't been pretty. Broja has been stuck at 6 league goals for over a month. Performances have been mediocre at best too.
AB has all the physical attributes in the world but is so passive and lethargic compared to his partner, Adams. Maybe he is waiting for his mother to get in there and do the dirty work for him..

Only one goal this month as a sub in FA Cup makes me think old Reja had a point when he claimed Broja is more dangerous when opponent is tired. With the chemistry Cikalleshi and Manaj share, I find it hard to advocate for breaking the pair up.

Honestly, I am in favor of bringing Broja on for the last 25-30 minutes until he shows more ferocity on the pitch.
artan

It's consistency. It's a long season in England and players his age tend to fall out near the later parts of the season.

But that being said he is 20 years old and in his first season in England so this is expected. He has the most goals in England for players 20 and under.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:27 pm
Dallku wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:09 pm It hasn't been pretty. Broja has been stuck at 6 league goals for over a month. Performances have been mediocre at best too.
AB has all the physical attributes in the world but is so passive and lethargic compared to his partner, Adams. Maybe he is waiting for his mother to get in there and do the dirty work for him..

Only one goal this month as a sub in FA Cup makes me think old Reja had a point when he claimed Broja is more dangerous when opponent is tired. With the chemistry Cikalleshi and Manaj share, I find it hard to advocate for breaking the pair up.

Honestly, I am in favor of bringing Broja on for the last 25-30 minutes until he shows more ferocity on the pitch.
What a load of shit, why are you obsessed with not playing our best players
Dallku

Let's not get it twisted. He's still light years better than any Albanian striker. We are talking about world standards and potential.

Can't help but think that in the past month he has gone back to his old habits of being lazy and passive. One way you can tell is by looking at fouls. He used to win a lot of fouls which he's rarely getting now. Lack of aggression has been the main criticism going back last year at Vitesse, from Reja, to even early in the season with Southampton. Not only did Hasenhuttl have a meeting with him about it but so did the captain Ward Prowse. (according to Broja).

I don't know if you guys have seen Tammy Abraham play. I don't think he's particularly more talented than Broja but he's a huge presence up front. He fights like a maniac for every ball. That's the next step for Armando if he wants to play for the upper level.
Princ

I am a big fan of AB as anyone here, but there are numerous reasons to support him coming on for 25-30 minutes as a super sub.

Cikalleshi and Manaj share great chemistry as you can see by analyzing the last 6 games they started together:
at top 30 ranked Poland.. Cikalleshi Supergoal, Manaj won penalty
at Czechia.. Cikalleshi Supergoal
at Andorra.. off night, Lenjani scored winner
v. Belarus.. 2 goals Cikalleshi, game winner Manaj
v. Kazakhstan.. Goal Cikalleshi, Goal Manaj
at Belarus.. Cikalleshi Supergoal

A pair like this has proven they can do damage against anybody and must not be underestimated.

Neither of them would be able to provide such a spark off the bench compared to AB with his size and speed.

Greatest successes of career have come off the bench for Broja with 2 huge game winners on a top 40 ranked squad. He is real difference maker when the opponent is tired.

AB plays like a momma boy and if you remember, I noticed/claimed this before he admitted it himself. I suspect he might not have the stamina to press for 90 minutes, but that would be due to a lack of work ethic on his part. Find it hard to justify starting a player who refuses to put in the effort defensively..
Dallku

^ Albania simply doesn't have the luxury to do that. You could entertain that idea if the strikers were semi-decent but:

Cika is a soon to be 32 year old who's way passed his prime. He lost the little pace he had and even in the Turkish league he lost his starting spot. Looks like he's heading towards the Balaj route soon.

Manaj is literally a meme at this point. Worst starting striker in the league and journalists/fans are shitting on Motta every week for playing him. People suspect corruption is involved.

And the worst part about these two strikers is that they aren't counter attackers but the opposite. Also no longer playing Belarus, San Marino, Kazakh, Andorra in competitive games.

Albania can't afford to give up 70 minutes of a game just because Broja might be more effective against tired defenses.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:44 pm ^ Albania simply doesn't have the luxury to do that. You could entertain that idea if the strikers were semi-decent but:

Cika is a soon to be 32 year old who's way passed his prime. He lost the little pace he had and even in the Turkish league he lost his starting spot. Looks like he's heading towards the Balaj route soon.

Manaj is literally a meme at this point. Worst starting striker in the league and journalists/fans are shitting on Motta every week for playing him. People suspect corruption is involved.

And the worst part about these two strikers is that they aren't counter attackers but the opposite. Also no longer playing Belarus, San Marino, Kazakh, Andorra in competitive games.

Albania can't afford to give up 70 minutes of a game just because Broja might be more effective against tired defenses.
Agreed that Broja should always play especially since he suits a counter attacking style. And Cika and Manaj definitely don't share any chemistry,in fact they are a very poor combination. But it's not true that thing you said there about Manaj, and I think he should pair Broja.

I read most of the forums like Espanyol for Keidi, Granada for Uzuni to follow the players and I read Spezia's as well and nobody said anything like this. The consensus is that he's not a goalscorer but is a warrior and works hard. After Bologna the media were writing great things about him.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:50 pm I am a big fan of AB as anyone here, but there are numerous reasons to support him coming on for 25-30 minutes as a super sub.

Cikalleshi and Manaj share great chemistry as you can see by analyzing the last 6 games they started together:
at top 30 ranked Poland.. Cikalleshi Supergoal, Manaj won penalty
at Czechia.. Cikalleshi Supergoal
at Andorra.. off night, Lenjani scored winner
v. Belarus.. 2 goals Cikalleshi, game winner Manaj
v. Kazakhstan.. Goal Cikalleshi, Goal Manaj
at Belarus.. Cikalleshi Supergoal

A pair like this has proven they can do damage against anybody and must not be underestimated.

Neither of them would be able to provide such a spark off the bench compared to AB with his size and speed.

Greatest successes of career have come off the bench for Broja with 2 huge game winners on a top 40 ranked squad. He is real difference maker when the opponent is tired.

AB plays like a momma boy and if you remember, I noticed/claimed this before he admitted it himself. I suspect he might not have the stamina to press for 90 minutes, but that would be due to a lack of work ethic on his part. Find it hard to justify starting a player who refuses to put in the effort defensively..
Broja is a more effective presser than either of them easily, it's just a question of mentality.

You can't always rely on someone scoring from the bench because it simply won't always happen. We got lucky with those two goals and surely can't rely on it to use as a strategy, especially considering his replacement would be a old bench player in Turkish league.
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:20 pm Broja is a more effective presser than either of them easily, it's just a question of mentality.

You can't always rely on someone scoring from the bench because it simply won't always happen. We got lucky with those two goals and surely can't rely on it to use as a strategy, especially considering his replacement would be a old bench player in Turkish league.
That old “bench player” in the Turkish league has scored super goals on the best Slavs from Warsaw to Prague. He is the only one to register a goal on a top 30 ranked opponent since 2016, and has carried us on his back for years.

Keep claiming there is no chemistry between Manaj and Cikalleshi, but do not forget who showed up for the biggest match in years at Poland!

Broja is lethargic off ball and has yet to show an ounce of fight in him. It is called the Albanian Men’s National Team for a reason, not Albanian Momma Boy National Team.
  • Information