Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:10 pm
artan wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:32 pm Serxhio Kalaj started today in Serie B. Hopefully he gets more matches
Another guy slowly making good progress. Much improved from when I saw him last year . Can’t have enough good depth. Just shows the quality of coaching differences from the proper countries and the lacklustre ones
He's a bit on the older side (22) of youth players but I hope he breaks through as our depth at center back is weak. We're one injury away from Hoxhallari starting.
Skenderbeu9

Players like Rrahmani and Aliti could have been they usefull for depth
Zurich leads at Switzerland with the latest starting also Bledi Krasniqi is an interesting player for a call up
CanaYouDoIt

There are 3 midfielders I'm keeping an eye on for us over the next few years. Anis Mehmeti, Erdis Kraja and Erald Latki.

All 3 play in the 3rd division for now but hopefully over the next couple years they progress up the ranks. Best case scenario is that all 3 develop into guys who get mins in the Serie A/PL lower ranked sides but even if Mehmeti only plays in the championship that's a better league than any top league in Croatia etc.

An example, Bare at their age was in the exact same situation. All about building depth, I have my eye on the world cup in 2026, by then these guys (Broja, Bajrami, Kumbulla) should all be in their prime, its a golden generation.
Dallku

^ Don't know why the u21 stopped calling up Anis Mehmeti. He looked decent the few times he played.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:25 pm ^ Don't know why the u21 stopped calling up Anis Mehmeti. He looked decent the few times he played.
It's weird especially since we called up superliga players in his position.
artan

Mehmeti is definitely the best midfielder in the current u21 bunch although he may actually be more of a winger. He seems like a player in the mold of Bajrami, all around attacking ability and comfortable on the wings. He's proven he's at least a championship level caliber player this year and him playing in league one doesn't reflect on his ability. I suspect he'll be back in the Championship soon whether through promotion or though a different team.

Also scored and assisted yesterday. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpJaLgFHRik
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Dallku

He does seem like a #10. With the u21 he played CM and he did stand out because he was very comfortable on the ball.

Maybe he had a fall out with Bushi or something.
CanaYouDoIt

Bushi is just weird with his selections ngl. Always calling up guys from his academy too. As for Mehmeti I agree he's one of them #10/LW type players (Coutinho, Grealish). Might go as far to say he's probably our best winger even while in League 1.
Princ

Cikalleshi super goal to put Konyaspor up 1-0 at home today.

Double digit goals (10) now and back into the top 15 scorers list.
artan

That was actually a good goal by Cikaleshi even if the keeper should have saved it (reminded me of the typical Berisha blunder)

Too bad we couldn't get Bytyqi.
  • Information