UEFA Nations League 2022-2023

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:17 am What I'm worried about is that even Italy can't even break down small teams. We talk about "professionals" but they have the cream of the crop in that league and won EUROs with it. But 1-2 injuries later and they can't even break down Macedonia. That's how reliant they were on some key people to win.

If Italy can't do it with Jorgino, Verrati, Chiellini, etc... what chance do we have playing the same way? Not to echo Princ too much here, but if we don't have the technical ability to break them down, then we have to use some physicality/long balls.
That Georgia match was a March friendly with several starters missing. I don't know the official statistics but Albania must have had possession of 65% which is absurd for Albania.

Over the years we've constantly got embarrassed by good teams. Just look at our results since 2016. The best result we've had in the past 5 years was beating Hungary twice and Iceland. Other than that we got embarrassed by France, England, Poland, Israel, etc. Had "morale" defeats against Turkey and Poland in which we were always "unlucky". The only teams we can beat are the minnows of Europe because they don't put any pressure on us. We had another "morale" defeat against Spain because we only lost by one goal despite Spain having possession 80% lol.

We are mental midgets from top to bottom. The only time we weren't was in 2014 when Di Biasi had these guys amped and they were able to compete with anyone.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:54 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:33 am Don’t you get it idiot , if we struggle against small teams , struggle against big teams then why the hell do we carry on with the same coach.

Cika did good in that nations league group but please stop trying to push your narrative that somehow playing guys in crap leagues is a better thing
How is it Reja’s fault that Bare and Hysaj take turns serving up goals on a platter?

Nobody on here wants to bench these guys, so why keep blaming the coach?
He’s the one who picks the players and sets out the tactics. It’s a total failure from Reja. And shouldn’t you be the first one to want him gone since he keeps playing the guys you hate most ?
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:44 am He’s the one who picks the players and sets out the tactics. It’s a total failure from Reja. And shouldn’t you be the first one to want him gone since he keeps playing the guys you hate most ?
Will a new coach bench Bare and Hysaj? Doubt it..

I am not convinced that his replacement would be any smarter.
Dallku

They could be benched if better alternatives were available.

No coach is benching Bare for a Ramadani or a Hysaj for a god knows what. There are levels.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Princ

Dallku wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:51 pm They could be benched if better alternatives were available.

No coach is benching Bare for a Ramadani or a Hysaj for a god knows what. There are levels.
A better alternative should be defined as a player who makes less mistakes, no matter what league they play in.

Old Reja does not even deserve to be fired if we are honest. I was first to criticize his 3 CB formation and attempts at playing “the beautiful game,” but seems that the players really like him.

Worst performances are undoubtably 4-1 loss at Poland and 5-0 loss at England. Two wins over the Hungarians make up for it and hope to learn from those ugly defeats.

Last two matches were decent, as we looked great in Spain and a draw against Georgia is not a fireable offence. Is there room for improvement? Of course, but people need to realize that this our level.
Dallku

Princ wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:21 pm

A better alternative should be defined as a player who makes less mistakes, no matter what league they play in.

Worse players make more mistakes and that's why they play in worse leagues. That's the point.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:21 pm
Dallku wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:51 pm They could be benched if better alternatives were available.

Old Reja does not even deserve to be fired if we are honest. I was first to criticize his 3 CB formation and attempts at playing “the beautiful game,” but seems that the players really like him.

Worst performances are undoubtably 4-1 loss at Poland and 5-0 loss at England. Two wins over the Hungarians make up for it and hope to learn from those ugly defeats.

Last two matches were decent, as we looked great in Spain and a draw against Georgia is not a fireable offence. Is there room for improvement? Of course, but people need to realize that this our level.
29 games , 3 years and zero progress.

You’re looking at singular results , I’m seeing the bigger picture. You want an 80 year old Reja going into euro 2024 ? And that’s if we make it.

What over the last 3 years makes you think he’s the man going forward ? Because either you’re related to him or you have some sort of mental deficiency
Princ

Even I would make less mistakes than Bare and Hysaj, but we must field them since they play in a top league?

Stockholm syndrome to the max..
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:25 pm 29 games , 3 years and zero progress.

You’re looking at singular results , I’m seeing the bigger picture. You want an 80 year old Reja going into euro 2024 ? And that’s if we make it.

What over the last 3 years makes you think he’s the man going forward ? Because either you’re related to him or you have some sort of mental deficiency
29 matches.. 13 wins, 5 draws, 11 losses.

What makes you think another coach will get more than that out of these “superstars?”
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Princ wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:59 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:25 pm 29 games , 3 years and zero progress.

29 matches.. 13 wins, 5 draws, 11 losses.

What makes you think another coach will get more than that out of these “superstars?”
4 of the last wins against San Marinos of this world and 2 because Broja saved his ass... Other wins against Kazakh level teams...
These users thanked the author Simboli i Diellit for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
  • Information