Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

Sadiku belongs in NT history for scoring the first ever goal in a tournament.

Having said that, he was an overachiever who was never good enough for the professional game but played hard, had a decent shot on him, and of course had a little luck too.

He was a player who couldn't run, dribble, pass or hold up. Just a bad all around footballer. Another Hamdi Salihi basically. His did have passion and a decent shot though...

He still deserves respect for his goals against Romania, Macedonia and the revenge game in Israel.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:39 am
Princ wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:32 am Bunch of Sadiku fanboys here..

Nobody ever won the race in a used car.
How can you not like the guy ?
He doesn't count Sadiku scoring in the Euros but counts Cika's friendly goals
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:58 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:39 am
Princ wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:32 am Bunch of Sadiku fanboys here..

Nobody ever won the race in a used car.
How can you not like the guy ?
He doesn't count Sadiku scoring in the Euros but counts Cika's friendly goals
He only counts open headers against Belarus and penalties.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:50 am Sadiku belongs in NT history for scoring the first ever goal in a tournament.

Having said that, he was an overachiever who was never good enough for the professional game but played hard, had a decent shot on him, and of course had a little luck too.

He was a player who couldn't run, dribble, pass or hold up. Just a bad all around footballer. Another Hamdi Salihi basically. His did have passion and a decent shot though...

He still deserves respect for his goals against Romania, Macedonia and the revenge game in Israel.
I think that’s a little harsh on him, he was developing into a real good poacher before injuries just ruined him and he had some pace so it wasn’t like he was Rey Manaj up front . His best attribute is why I loved him , his finishing was very good. Didn’t snatch at shots like Uzuni for example and ofc scored a number of key goals.
RedFootballs

If Sadiku didn't tear his ACL twice he would be our best striker right now.

He had a touch that even Broja doesn't have, he knew how to find the goal for us in spades. And in the period he was good (post-Euro) we were at a low point and he still scored a lot of goals.

He also scored a double against Turkey in a friendly, double against Israel, I think he would have been our most prolific scorer ever if not for injuries. He is the only striker I've seen for us that consistently generated goalscoring opportunities, whereas against Georgia Broja and Manaj struggled to come into any opportunities. I hope he continues this form and we see him a few more times for Albania.

And definitely a lot better than Cika. https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x691096 https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6912u3 This is the type of movement a top striker has. Cutting behind the defender (blind spot) to the far post both times where he's open to receive and finish.
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:23 pm If Sadiku didn't tear his ACL twice he would be our best striker right now.

He had a touch that even Broja doesn't have, he knew how to find the goal for us in spades. And in the period he was good (post-Euro) we were at a low point and he still scored a lot of goals.

He also scored a double against Turkey in a friendly, double against Israel, I think he would have been our most prolific scorer ever if not for injuries. He is the only striker I've seen for us that consistently generated goalscoring opportunities, whereas against Georgia Broja and Manaj struggled to come into any opportunities. I hope he continues this form and we see him a few more times for Albania.

And definitely a lot better than Cika. https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x691096 https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6912u3 This is the type of movement a top striker has. Cutting behind the defender (blind spot) to the far post both times where he's open to receive and finish.
From the moment he finally started to find fitness after his first rupture to the 2nd time he tore it he played 19 games for us and scored 10 with a couple assists. It was the best I’d ever seen an Albanian striker play.
These users thanked the author CanaYouDoIt for the post:
RedFootballs
RedFootballs

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:31 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:23 pm If Sadiku didn't tear his ACL twice he would be our best striker right now.

From the moment he finally started to find fitness after his first rupture to the 2nd time he tore it he played 19 games for us and scored 10 with a couple assists. It was the best I’d ever seen an Albanian striker play.
A question of mentality as well. Unlike Manaj and Uzuni that have various mentality issues when they play with Albania Sadiku seemed confident and played hard, and wasn't scared like he showed when he scored a historic goal at the Euros. He actually carried the team in that period 2016-2018 in some games which like you said an Albanian striker has never done, except Broja to an extent vs Hungary both legs.
artan

Asllani has a cannon of a long shot. He's quickly becoming a key player for Empoli. We got lucky with him
Dallku

Reja is at the Udine-Empoli game. Broadcast showed him.

3 Albanians starting in one team. (First time ever in a good league?) but of course Ismajli manages to f it up with a ridiculous own goal.
RedFootballs

Empoli has been truly shite recently. They started so well and now they'll probably finish 15th or 16th.
  • Information