Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Hysaj getting a good look at that goal.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Balliu’s team beating Barcelona.
Dallku

Pjetër wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:39 pm Hysaj getting a good look at that goal.
Acerbi going for a nap didn't help.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

It's hilarious how bad Albanian player development is. Like truly catastrophic. Imagine all the potential would-have-beens that missed out because Duka took charge of FSHF.

We had more player development during the 80s and 90s when people were starving.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:49 am It's hilarious how bad Albanian player development is. Like truly catastrophic. Imagine all the potential would-have-beens that missed out because Duka took charge of FSHF.

We had more player development during the 80s and 90s when people were starving.
Even if we had the player development of a country like Romania we'd be a level above. We had a chance with the Skenderbeu era as they were starting to export players but it went to a crushing stop once they were cancelled. Big failure on the Tirana teams for failing to produce players since in theory they should be developing most of the youth players when practically half the country lives in the Tirana area.

We also can't even produce rotational players anymore. Our best Superliga prospects pretty much failed in Poland. Our best Superliga players sign for Turkish second divisions. All of the teams that qualify for European spots fire their coaches and shakeup their entire rosters before qualification. Just an overall mess.

I really hope Tirana can be the next Skenderbeu as they seem to be only team that can potentially qualify for Europe atm. The other teams have no shot what so ever.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
Aurora Bulkualis
Princ

Stivi Frasheri has been the best Albanian GK for a while now but nobody wants to know him.

Real disgrace that he has not received a call up to the NT. Cannot complain about player development if you are not willing to give them a chance..
Simboli i Diellit

Tirana is gifting games left and right because of the points gap they have with the following teams. Their products are overhyped and the last Tirana player who has archieved something abroad was Jahmir Hyka (even he was a Dinamo Product). The fact that a Swiss scrub like Seferi is dominating superliga says all about their level.
Simboli i Diellit

Princ wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:40 am Stivi Frasheri has been the best Albanian GK for a while now but nobody wants to know him.

Real disgrace that he has not received a call up to the NT. Cannot complain about player development if you are not willing to give them a chance..
He is not the best Albanian GK even in Kosova’s superliga. Guy is 31, playing in Kosove and i’ve seen him make more blunders than Strakosha-Berisha combined will ever make their whole career.
These users thanked the author Simboli i Diellit for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

Btw I've noticed loads of albanians playing at "primavera" level or something, is that the top youth level in Italy or what . I remember you saying its quite amateur but I'm surprised at the number of albanians. We sure don't have that many in other places youth teams
Dallku

Looks like Bare might be out for a few months and will miss the Iceland game.

I guess depth is the biggest achilles heel.
  • Information