Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

And if you really want show us why Stivi is a better keeper, show us the numbers, show us clips. I'm sure if its that obvious we all would see it
Dallku

Princ wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:40 pm

How does Iran go into World Cup 2018 and take 4 points in a group with Spain, Portugal and Morocco, while conceding only two goals with a team full of Iranian league players?

There is not as big of a difference as you may think between the foreign and domestic products..

You keep bringing up Iran as if they are not a big country with a population of 84 million. Surely they can find 11 players who can be semi-competitive from their domestic league.

Albania simply doesn't have those resources to produce competitive players. It lacks money, resources, coaches, academies and above all, numbers.
Princ

At the end of the day, it is better to win or lose with our own products on the field, rather than leftovers of others.

There is no pride in stealing foreigners and ignoring the best domestic players.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:43 pm At the end of the day, it is better to win or lose with our own products on the field, rather than leftovers of others.

There is no pride in stealing foreigners and ignoring the best domestic players.
Keidi Bare started at Apolonia, he's one of our own success stories and you hate him so spare us that bullshit.You don't care about the facts
Dallku

Princ wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:43 pm At the end of the day, it is better to win or lose with our own products on the field, rather than leftovers of others.

This is why I was never a fan of Kosovars in the NT.

Albania immigrants at least have a direct connection though.
CanaYouDoIt

"Kosovars" , give me a fucking break
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I really want to like guys like Hysaj, Bare, Uzuni that at least got their youth start in Albania. Too bad they have the consistency of a trampoline.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Dallku wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:16 pm

The Kosovar diaspora players may have been mercenaries but they were more patriotic and played harder than all these Albanian diaspora players. Without them we never qualify for Euro 2016. They weren't complete pussies like this current crop of players are.

As for the Albanian diaspora, most of the time I don't even know these guys are Albanian as they all have Italian or German names (exception with Kumbulla which is why he's a G). In their defense I don't even think they know they're Albanian either. We're also lucky that none of them are good enough for Italy or else they'd jump ship like they shitty greek diaspora players do.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:17 pm
Dallku wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:16 pm

The Kosovar diaspora players may have been mercenaries but they were more patriotic and played harder than all these Albanian diaspora players. Without them we never qualify for Euro 2016. They weren't complete pussies like this current crop of players are.

As for the Albanian diaspora, most of the time I don't even know these guys are Albanian as they all have Italian or German names (exception with Kumbulla which is why he's a G). In their defense I don't even think they know they're Albanian either. We're also lucky that none of them are good enough for Italy or else they'd jump ship like they shitty greek diaspora players do.
Lol what? The fact that Broja can speak Albanian but he never lived there should show you that's not true at all.

Only one like that is Balliu and from what I've read it's not even his father that's Albanian, but his great-grandfather or something.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

artan wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:17 pm

They were anti-footballers who were lucky UEFA expanded Euros and CAS gave them a free qualification. It was a lucky/flukey moment for a lot of them. (example: Arlind Ajeti).

They weren't good players at all. That Kosovar diaspora also played in 2014 and 2018 qualifiers. They were less warriors and patriotic then?
  • Information