Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:36 pm I did, that's where I got the 5'8/9 number. 173 is 5'8 because that's what I am.
Friend..

If you are 5’8” and have played any sports, then you should know exactly what I am talking about. When skill level is equal, it is harder to play against taller guys.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:53 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:36 pm I did, that's where I got the 5'8/9 number. 173 is 5'8 because that's what I am.
Friend..

If you are 5’8” and have played any sports, then you should know exactly what I am talking about. When skill level is equal, it is harder to play against taller guys.
Depends on the sport, if its Basketball then yeah its harder lol

But in the real world people are not equal ability, and Bare is just better than these guys you love because they are a few inches taller
Dallku

In football being too tall can have a negative affect unless you're a defender, gk, or a literal freak of nature like Ibrahimovic, Milinkovic-Savic whose technical ability is so great that they over compensate for agility and speed issues. Those players are very rare though.

Being too short can also be negative like Ergys Kace as we all know.

Bare/Laci/Asllani are definitely short but not to the point that they are complete liabilities physically.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Physicality is not height. The two are only tangentially correlated.

Physicality and athleticism comprises speed, height,strength,agility, stamina, many different things.

Would anyone say Adama is not physical because he's 5'9? Of course not. Height is only one part of the equation.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:57 pm Physicality is not height. The two are only tangentially correlated.

Physicality and athleticism comprises speed, height,strength,agility, stamina, many different things.

Would anyone say Adama is not physical because he's 5'9? Of course not. Height is only one part of the equation.
And physicality isn't always a good thing. Give me a technical player over a physical one any day of the week.
Dallku

Technical ability is the most important thing besides speed.

Manchester City is dominating the most "physical" league in the world with:

Foden (5'7)
Sterling (5'7)
Bernardo Silva (5'8)
Jesus (5'9)

De Bruyne and Gungogan also both below 6 feet.

All of these are finesse type of players with no aggressiveness (except Gundogan and DB to lesser extend). They are all pure technical players.
RedFootballs

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:05 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:57 pm Physicality is not height. The two are only tangentially correlated.

And physicality isn't always a good thing. Give me a technical player over a physical one any day of the week.
Well, it is a very good thing, most players considered 'technical' players are also physical freaks.

For example, Mane is built like a bull, super fast and strong and durable.

Messi in his prime was one of the greatest physical players the sport ever saw. Lightning quick, incredibly agile with deceiving strength.

Raheem Sterling despite being 5'7 and 'weak' can bench 90kg. That's with his super speed.

Whilst you have guys like Ndoj who are just lanky, slow and weak. Is he good physically because he's 6'2? No. His physicality sucks.
RedFootballs

Dallku wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:13 pm Technical ability is the most important thing besides speed.

Manchester City is dominating the most "physical" league in the world with:

Foden (5'7)
Sterling (5'7)
Bernardo Silva (5'8)
Jesus (5'9)

De Bruyne and Gungogan also both below 6 feet.

All of these are finesse type of players with no aggressiveness (except Gundogan and DB to lesser extend). They are all pure technical players.
Don't agree. Those players are outstanding physically. Strength + height is only two factors of physicality and a guy like Jesus is powerful af.

Perhaps with exception of Silva but even he is very very agile and quick.
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:05 pm And physicality isn't always a good thing. Give me a technical player over a physical one any day of the week.
All depends on the team..

Physical players Xhaka, Abrashi beat out technical guys like Kace, Lilaj. Skela, Lala were even better on the ball, but could not achieve a fraction of that De Biasi success.

For an underdog like Albania, the physical players will always be more important. A superior country like Spain, who holds the ball all game, would make better use of those technical players.
RedFootballs

Princ wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:17 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:05 pm And physicality isn't always a good thing. Give me a technical player over a physical one any day of the week.
All depends on the team..

Physical players Xhaka, Abrashi beat out technical guys like Kace, Lilaj. Skela, Lala were even better on the ball, but could not achieve a fraction of that De Biasi success.

For an underdog like Albania, the physical players will always be more important. A superior country like Spain, for example, would make better use of those technical players.
You need a mix of profiles.

You can't have all pitbulls because someone needs to carry the ball and make plays. You can't have all technical lazy players because someone needs to win the ball back.

But if you have both, the pitbulls can work and win the ball back to pass to their more gifted teammates, and it works in harmony.
  • Information