Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

kristi92 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:38 pm Hello guys, just a brief introduction! I have been your loyal reader during the past years but never contributed actively with contents. I would like to thank you all for the updates about albanian football on this forum! I'm a big fan of the national team and wanted just to say my opinion on this last discussion.

I think a mix of technical players and phisical ones can best suit to our Kombetare and generally speaking to every football team. We desperately need technical and creative players, especially in the midfiled and flunks to get the maximum out of Broja, who is the very only potentially "top player" we have. Players like Bare, Asllani, Bajrami even if they make sometimes bad mistakes (Bare) or are lazy (Bajrami) are fundamental for our play. We need players able to hold the ball otherwise we will always be exposed to non stop attacks. I'm not worried about phisicality regarding our roster because it's easier to produce "quantity" players rather than "quality" ones. There will always be a Xhaka, Abrashi or pitbulls like them but it's very rare to have technically gifted players, in fact you can count them on fingers (Skela and who else?!?).

A general consideration on our best formation at the moment (if everyone is available). We need to change the 3 at back in my opionion (even if it will never happen with Reja) and go with a 4312 to get the best out of our players:

--------------Strakosha------------------
Balliu-----Gjimshiti-----Kumbulla----Hysaj
-------Abrashi-----Bare------Laci--------
-----------------Asllani-------------------
-------------Bajrami----Broja-------------

I would love to play Asllani below 2 forwards (like he did against Inter and scored as well). Bajrami (as a typical 10) and Broja (Centre Forward). In non possession phase Asllani can move a step back helping the 3 midfielders.

Uzuni, Cika, Roshi can be options for the last 20-30 mins.

We don't have creativity/speed on the wings, therefore a 352 will never work.

What do you think about it?
Welcome.

Even though I don't really like narrow systems especially for NT the lineup looks good. Would only say :

In my opinion Uzuni is a very important player. Even if he crumbles in front of goal he has a ton of energy, pressing and makes great runs with his speed so at the least is a threat to the backline when we play big teams.

I also think Gjasula is very underrated on the ball and has been great for us recently so deserves time.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Welcome Kristi.

Yeah I'd also like to see Asllani tried as a #10, and played with back 4.

Our midfield is looking sus though. Not sure if Abrashi has the legs anymore.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
kristi92

Yeah, I agree for what concerns Uzuni, he works hard but in front of goal he is terrible. Abrashi is getting older, but if in good shape I would have it always on the pitch. Gjasula can compete with Abrashi and Laci for 1 spot.

Main problem is that we don't have depth. Ramadani Cokaj Cekici aren't good enough for a national team in my opinion. Let's see who will start against Iceland in the midfield, I guess with Bare out, there will be Asllani Laci and one between Gjasula and Abrashi.

I would also try Vrioni as 4th option after Broja, Cika and Uzuni.

Let's hope that someone from the u21 will become good, since we desperately need depth in the roster.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:35 pm http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/po-zhv ... ei-manajt/

ahahahahahah look at the headline
What about it?
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:44 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:35 pm http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/po-zhv ... ei-manajt/

ahahahahahah look at the headline
What about it?
"mbresëlënës" , like he isn't a scrub
Princ

Home team Ajaccio favored to beat Toulouse in biggest game of the season Saturday.

via Bet365..
1 ~57%
X ~25%
2 ~19%

Ajaccio is unbeaten in their last 9 matches, eating only 4 goals during this stretch. Toulouse leads the league in goals scored, and will be looking to spoil their big night in Corsica.

LFG Ajaccio!
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

kristi92 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:38 pm
A general consideration on our best formation at the moment (if everyone is available). We need to change the 3 at back in my opionion (even if it will never happen with Reja) and go with a 4312 to get the best out of our players:

Your contribution is appreciated Kristi. I think Reja will never leave his 3:4:2:1. He’s been playing like that for over 30 years. Our gameplan is the same and even Andorra’s coach can easily make us suffer.
This Nations League will be a wasted opportunity to build a solid team for the upcoming qualifiers.

Balliu is a must from now on as a rightback/wingback. He has confidence, can dribble and can cross unlike Hysaj. I would play Asllani there aswell cause we have plenty of DM. Empoli is testing him there these last serie A games and we can see that he’s doing fine at that position. Actually he has played most of his youth career as attacking central midfielder (trequartista). I don’t know about Bajrami, he is like a match that ignites quickly and goes out just as quickly. Uzuni can be a good partner for Broja as long as Uzuni passes to Broja :D

I would make changes in goalie for the long term and probably would go with Berisha over Strakosha atm. Etrit gives me more sense of security.
Dallku

Uzuni as a box to box midfielder could be interesting. He has the energy/work rate to play in that position and he's capable of making the safe pass. Could be a more skillful version of Laci.
kristi92

Princ wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:10 pm Home team Ajaccio favored to beat Toulouse in biggest game of the season Saturday.

via Bet365..
1 ~57%
X ~25%
2 ~19%

Ajaccio is unbeaten in their last 9 matches, eating only 4 goals during this stretch. Toulouse leads the league in goals scored, and will be looking to spoil their big night in Corsica.

LFG Ajaccio!
I would be curious to see Laci in Ligue 1. He can be a good alternative in the midfield for us, especially from the bench.
kristi92

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:56 pm
kristi92 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:38 pm

Your contribution is appreciated Kristi. I think Reja will never leave his 3:4:2:1. He’s been playing like that for over 30 years. Our gameplan is the same and even Andorra’s coach can easily make us suffer.
This Nations League will be a wasted opportunity to build a solid team for the upcoming qualifiers.

Balliu is a must from now on as a rightback/wingback. He has confidence, can dribble and can cross unlike Hysaj. I would play Asllani there aswell cause we have plenty of DM. Empoli is testing him there these last serie A games and we can see that he’s doing fine at that position. Actually he has played most of his youth career as attacking central midfielder (trequartista). I don’t know about Bajrami, he is like a match that ignites quickly and goes out just as quickly. Uzuni can be a good partner for Broja as long as Uzuni passes to Broja :D

I would make changes in goalie for the long term and probably would go with Berisha over Strakosha atm. Etrit gives me more sense of security.
Agree with you about nations league. I think we will only waste time with Reja since I doubt he will be our coach for Euro2024 qualifiers. I’d have changed now the coach to give time to the group to get familiar with play style and modules during this edition of nations league.

In any case since Russia is out we must win the group, no excuses. Even with Reja on the bench.

What about an Albanian coach after the nations league? I think we are mature enough for an domestic coach now.
  • Information