Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Klejdi1023

kristi92 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:05 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:56 pm
kristi92 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:38 pm
A general consideration on our best formation at the moment (if everyone is available). We need to change the 3 at back in my opionion (even if it will never happen with Reja) and go with a 4312 to get the best out of our players:

--------------Strakosha------------------
Balliu-----Gjimshiti-----Kumbulla----Hysaj
-------Abrashi-----Bare------Laci--------
-----------------Asllani-------------------
-------------Bajrami----Broja-------------

What do you think about it?
Your contribution is appreciated Kristi. I think Reja will never leave his 3:4:2:1. He’s been playing like that for over 30 years. Our gameplan is the same and even Andorra’s coach can easily make us suffer.
This Nations League will be a wasted opportunity to build a solid team for the upcoming qualifiers.

Balliu is a must from now on as a rightback/wingback. He has confidence, can dribble and can cross unlike Hysaj. I would play Asllani there aswell cause we have plenty of DM. Empoli is testing him there these last serie A games and we can see that he’s doing fine at that position. Actually he has played most of his youth career as attacking central midfielder (trequartista). I don’t know about Bajrami, he is like a match that ignites quickly and goes out just as quickly. Uzuni can be a good partner for Broja as long as Uzuni passes to Broja :D

I would make changes in goalie for the long term and probably would go with Berisha over Strakosha atm. Etrit gives me more sense of security.
Agree with you about nations league. I think we will only waste time with Reja since I doubt he will be our coach for Euro2024 qualifiers. I’d have changed now the coach to give time to the group to get familiar with play style and modules during this edition of nations league.

In any case since Russia is out we must win the group, no excuses. Even with Reja on the bench.

What about an Albanian coach after the nations league? I think we are mature enough for an domestic coach now.
At this rate Reja will probably stay even for wc2026 lol, he ain’t going anywhere
CanaYouDoIt

Is he even gonna be around in 2026 lol
These users thanked the author CanaYouDoIt for the post:
Klejdi1023
Princ

Time to give Ismajlgeci a look at fullback.

One of the key players of the last couple year for Tirana.
Dallku

Last week Asllani got a goal, this week an assist. These are just the results of his steady development.

The inconsistent Bajrami on the bench.
Dallku

Man I'm trying to watch Vrioni and I gotta be honest... When you watch the top leagues every week it's so hard to watch these other leagues.

This constant misplacing of simple passes at snail rhythm just makes it impossible. I have to turn stream off.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
Aurora Bulkualis
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:43 pm Man I'm trying to watch Vrioni and I gotta be honest... When you watch the top leagues every week it's so hard to watch these other leagues.

This constant misplacing of simple passes at snail rhythm just makes it impossible. I have to turn stream off.
A goal and two assists today. He is absolutely ripping up that league.

He should be at least a low Serie A striker, right?
Princ

Goallllllllll!

1-0 Ajaccio!
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:56 pm

I doubt Manaj is better than him and he gets consistent minutes so definitely not impossible.

Being a Juve player might also make a move easier. Also an Italian speaker.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Strakosha at Fulham might be the best move for his career if that’s true.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:51 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:56 pm

I doubt Manaj is better than him and he gets consistent minutes so definitely not impossible.

Being a Juve player might also make a move easier. Also an Italian speaker.
Manaj wouldn't score that much in Austria probably but he has characteristics more suited to a relegation team, that's why he plays. Can Vrioni do work with his back to goal, keeping the team high? We can't really see in Austria where the play is low level but I believe he could get better after playing in a top division. However I think he will go to one of the non top5 big teams like Anderlecht or Fener before making that jump. I read a few weeks ago that Anderlecht and PSV were interested.

Spezia just confirmed safety btw.
  • Information