Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:49 am It's quite sad tbh. It looked like we had a future world class striker on our hands. Now he's turning into Januzaj 2.0.

I guess him doing mediocre in Dutch league was a set of data points we shouldn't have dismissed.
Albanians deserve nothing nice , fucking idiotic comment
These users thanked the author CanaYouDoIt for the post:
MercedesBenz240
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:21 am
Now that's a bit harsh.

He can become very good but he has a long way to go.
Tbf turning into Januzaj would be good.

Januzaj is one the best attackers in La Liga and many top clubs are interested in him. He always had incredible talent and now playing like it too.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Princ wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:23 pm
Plako wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:09 pm Also it has partly to do with the fact that Southampton as a team has switched off these past two months after guaranteeing survival and not having a chance at a European spot.
Did Southampton switch off against Georgia too?

There is a mentality problem with Broja, and might stem from a bad diet. Eating healthier food will turn him into a man. Insulting to see such physical tools being wasted by a boy who has been spoiled by the people around him..
That was a friendly. You also can't compare international form with club form. Different set-ups.
Princ

Hasenhuttl very encouraging towards Broja and continues to play him despite not having scored a goal for 3 months. Another coach would plant him on the bench a long time ago.

AB can still be the best player in the world, but he clearly need to make changes. Starting off with the simple things like fixing the diet, while picking up a strength and conditioning routine. It will keep him sharp both physically and mentally.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:39 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:21 am
Now that's a bit harsh.

He can become very good but he has a long way to go.
Tbf turning into Januzaj would be good.

Januzaj is one the best attackers in La Liga and many top clubs are interested in him. He always had incredible talent and now playing like it too.
Was more referring to the bit about the Dutch league but I think his CEILING is higher than Januzaj.

But his floor is low if he doesn't improve. There are plenty of super fast players in the lower leagues too so you can't get by on just that.

He has a lot of the intangibles you want to see from an attacker. Tall, fast, powerful shot, things that some people can't learn. But at the same time he is missing some really vital things and it is becoming clear he struggles when he doesn't get a lot of space.
Princ

Watching AB play in the Dutch League, I instantly compared him to Patrik Schick. Saw a great deal of similarity in their gameplay and attributes.

After tearing up the lesser Czech league, Schick burst onto the scene in first Serie A season at age 20-21. Unfortunately, he fizzled out for a few years until a transfer to the Bundesliga really revitalized his career. Now that he has gained weight, gotten stronger, he is a bonafide stud!

Broja might be getting too comfortable in England, and change of scenery, along with improvement of other things I listed above, might do him wonders.
These users thanked the author Princ for the post:
Aurora Bulkualis
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

The one reason I hope he's at least better than Januzaj is that Januzaj didn't have the physicality to play in EPL. But that remains to be seen, because he did seem more technical than Broja. Those players age better.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Diant Ramaj's Frankfurt team won the EL. Congrats to him !
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Armando Broja’s first season in EPL as a 19/20 years old player has been above average for young strikers. We all noticed him not trying to impress during last games (althrough his team mates were servicing him rarely) but i think he has switched his head from S’ton and was already focusing on not picking injuries so he can join Chelsea in pre-season trainings.

Show me another striker we have that has a:
- better first touch/ball control
- better/stronger shot on goal
- better hold up play
- faster and dribbles better than him?

Even if he ends up playing for a low ranking EPL team he’d be miles ahead of any other striker we have. Epl is 5 times better than Serie A. If he was playing in Austria i’m sure he’d easily have over 20 goals.
Dallku

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:45 pm
Show me another striker we have that has a:

Don't think anybody is or can argue that. We all know that by Albanian standards he's light years better than everyone. Even if he gets buried on the bench at Southampton he'll still be the best Albanian striker.

Every discussion about Broja relates to where he stands by world standards and what his potential is.
  • Information