Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:46 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:36 pm
It is useless , it’s the nations league. Who the hell cares really. And why are you ignoring the bit about him being without contract ?
The Nations league gives you another path towards the Euros... and without Russia in the group it becomes even easier for Albania. Plus there other benefits.

Albania is not Germany or England to not "care" about these games. The reason Macedonia is a level above is because they took advantage of situations like these.
And you are still ignoring the only reason why he isn't there, because he is a FA and isn't under contract. Jesus guys its not hard to understand.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:46 am

And you are still ignoring the only reason why he isn't there, because he is a FA and isn't under contract. Jesus guys its not hard to understand.
What??

That's pathetic reasoning. Refusing the NT just because you're a free agent and you might have a <1% chance of getting injured is absolutely pathetic.

Based on this logic no one should ever play for the NT because they might get a boo boo. What's the point?

Try pulling that crap on a better NT. You're never getting called up again.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:14 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:46 am

What??

That's pathetic reasoning. Refusing the NT just because you're a free agent and you might have a <1% chance of getting injured is absolutely pathetic.

Based on this logic no one should ever play for the NT because they might get a boo boo. What's the point?

Try pulling that crap on a better NT. You're never getting called up again.
Potentially losing millions isn’t a pathetic reason. And that’s not the same logic at all wtf …

I’m 100% sure it’s happened before.
artan

Usually, it's the established players who are playing well for their club teams that get "lazy" and pull out for the friendlies and non qualifiers match. Someone like Strakosha who lost his spot multiple times for Lazio should be looking forward to play for the NT. He's been doing this ever since he first broke out for Lazio and would always find excuses to miss NT matches. He simply doesn't want to play international football for Albania and you can bet if we were more prestigious as a NT he wouldn't be pulling this shit. The gap between him and Berisha isn't big (if there's any at all) and Berisha has always been a loyal soldier despite his blunders. Time to cut our losses with Tomas.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

artan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:01 am Usually, it's the established players who are playing well for their club teams that get "lazy" and pull out for the friendlies and non qualifiers match. Someone like Strakosha who lost his spot multiple times for Lazio should be looking forward to play for the NT. He's been doing this ever since he first broke out for Lazio and would always find excuses to miss NT matches. He simply doesn't want to play international football for Albania and you can bet if we were more prestigious as a NT he wouldn't be pulling this shit. The gap between him and Berisha isn't big (if there's any at all) and Berisha has always been a loyal soldier despite his blunders. Time to cut our losses with Tomas.
I think Strakosha’s excuses are quite superficial aswell and i don’t think those are only about signing with a EPL team. Guy knows he won’t be starting ahead of Berisha so he wants to enjoy his vacations with his girlfriend. Glad for Kastrati being called, he was one of the best gk in serie B.
artan

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:33 am
artan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:01 am Usually, it's the established players who are playing well for their club teams that get "lazy" and pull out for the friendlies and non qualifiers match. Someone like Strakosha who lost his spot multiple times for Lazio should be looking forward to play for the NT. He's been doing this ever since he first broke out for Lazio and would always find excuses to miss NT matches. He simply doesn't want to play international football for Albania and you can bet if we were more prestigious as a NT he wouldn't be pulling this shit. The gap between him and Berisha isn't big (if there's any at all) and Berisha has always been a loyal soldier despite his blunders. Time to cut our losses with Tomas.
I think Strakosha’s excuses are quite superficial aswell and i don’t think those are only about signing with a EPL team. Guy knows he won’t be starting ahead of Berisha so he wants to enjoy his vacations with his girlfriend. Glad for Kastrati being called, he was one of the best gk in serie B.
I think Strakosha would have pulled out even if he was starting and I'm not certain that Berisha would have been selected over him. Strakosha has been doing this since 2017. I never remember Hysaj or Gymcity ever doing this
Dallku

artan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:48 pm

I think Strakosha would have pulled out even if he was starting and I'm not certain that Berisha would have been selected over him. Strakosha has been doing this since 2017. I never remember Hysaj or Gymcity ever doing this

True. Strakosha has a long history of this. Probably more than any other player.

Hysaj has always been a soldier when it comes to callups. He'll show up even in a friendly against San Marino with no excuses.

Strakosha is whatever. It would only hurt Albania if someone like Broja or Kumbulla started doing it.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Reja :

Manaj has a shoulder injury.
Broja has COVID.
Laci just had an operation on a persistent injury.
Bare is also injured.
Strakosha asked to not be called up until he finds a new club.

Lol. Well that's unfortunate.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Also, it should be an honour to play for the NT. You can get injured whilst contracted with a club too and lose your spot, there's always a risk of injury. Fact is he has always made excuses, one time there's traffic, another time he missed his flight, one time he doesn't want to play until he finds a new club. I remember either Panucci or DB not letting him come to the gathering late because he claimed he got stuck in traffic lol.

He doesn't take it that seriously and it's unfortunate because he has put in some great performances for us. But we need some consistency there and he doesn't give it.
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:28 pm Reja :

Manaj has a shoulder injury.
Broja has COVID.
Laci just had an operation on a persistent injury.
Bare is also injured.
Strakosha asked to not be called up until he finds a new club.

Lol. Well that's unfortunate.
Bare and Broja will be missed. The rest are whatever. I'm guessing we'll see more of golden boy Cikaleshi paired next to Vrioni which obviously won't work since it's like the same combo of Cika-Balaj but with Vrioni being an upgrade over Balaj. I don't get why Cokaj and Selahi aren't called up, need to give these guys a real look instead of Ramadani.

My lineup would be a 3-4-3 but I think it's too progressive for Reja.
----------Vrioni
-----Uzuini---Bajrami
-------Asllani-Gjasula
-Hysaj-Gym-Kum-Ismajli-Balliu
-----------Berisha

It's also hilarious the amount of second division players in this list. Roshi, Balaj, Ramadani are all second division players in Turkey/Hungary, Hoxhallaria/Seferi are Superliga players, on the wait list you have Ajeti and Haveri playing for semi pro teams in Italy. Is Ajeti on that list because FSHF was too lazy to find another player and just called it a day with him?
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
Aurora Bulkualis
  • Information