UEFA Nations League 2022-2023

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Israel seemed to do pretty well by stretching the play and attacking from the wings.

So relieved, because that's a huge strength of ours.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

I'm shocked that Azerbaijan kept De Biasi. I know they are bad but they can't be THAT bad. They are reaching San Marino levels with DB. Now getting spanked by Kazakhstan.
artan

I think we'll be fine against Iceland and I'm more worried about Israel since they have better attackers and pace than Iceland. We struggle bad against teams that can attack us while we have experience getting results against poor offensive teams like Hungary and the bottom teams of Europe. Iceland won't have counter attacking chances against us as they're used of bunkering and scoring on counters, they will have more possession they are used to and less counters.

Israel has a poor backline and even midfield but are we going to take advantage of that? Probably not. Maybe Cikaleshi scores a tap in after missing two golden chances. Reja will have to get his lineups right against Israel and really put some pace/attacking threats in there to take it to the Israelis.

Play aggressive against the Israeli's and somewhat cautious against Iceland is my thinking.
artan

Dallku wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:20 pm I'm shocked that Azerbaijan kept De Biasi. I know they are bad but they can't be THAT bad. They are reaching San Marino levels with DB. Now getting spanked by Kazakhstan.
In his defense they have really shitty talent. They're basically a team full of Balaj's at this point and that might be a bit generous for them. I don't even think they can beat our U21
Dallku

artan wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:32 pm
In his defense they have really shitty talent. They're basically a team full of Balaj's at this point and that might be a bit generous for them. I don't even think they can beat our U21

Problem is that they are getting spanked by teams of equal level or even below. By teams like Malta, Latvia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Luxembourg..

The talent is low but not to the point where they can't be competitive against other bad teams. Qarabag is a sort of competitive team in Europe and they have a bunch of players from that team, also Emreli(Dinamo Zagreb).
Princ

After last nights result in Haifa, Albania is a slight favourite to win Nations League group B2.

via 1xbet..
Albania ~35%
Israel ~33%
Iceland ~32%

Shaping up into a really tight race between these 3 teams. Will be fun to see if Albania can pull this off and move into the super competitive league A.
Princ

artan wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:26 pm I think we'll be fine against Iceland and I'm more worried about Israel since they have better attackers and pace than Iceland. We struggle bad against teams that can attack us while we have experience getting results against poor offensive teams like Hungary and the bottom teams of Europe. Iceland won't have counter attacking chances against us as they're used of bunkering and scoring on counters, they will have more possession they are used to and less counters.

Israel has a poor backline and even midfield but are we going to take advantage of that? Probably not. Maybe Cikaleshi scores a tap in after missing two golden chances. Reja will have to get his lineups right against Israel and really put some pace/attacking threats in there to take it to the Israelis.

Play aggressive against the Israeli's and somewhat cautious against Iceland is my thinking.
I agree with you.

Play tight at Iceland, looking for a scoreless draw and hoping to get lucky with a miracle. Field a more attacking lineup against Israel, featuring Bajrami in midfield. Look to take a big win in Tirana..
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:41 pm
artan wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:26 pm I think we'll be fine against Iceland and I'm more worried about Israel since they have better attackers and pace than Iceland. We struggle bad against teams that can attack us while we have experience getting results against poor offensive teams like Hungary and the bottom teams of Europe. Iceland won't have counter attacking chances against us as they're used of bunkering and scoring on counters, they will have more possession they are used to and less counters.

I agree with you.

Play tight at Iceland, looking for a scoreless draw and hoping to get lucky with a miracle. Field a more attacking lineup against Israel, featuring Bajrami in midfield. Look to take a big win in Tirana..
Miracle? We scored 4 on them with a B team.

A loss is not acceptable.
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:45 pm Miracle? We scored 4 on them with a B team.

When is the last time we won a match in Iceland?

A win there is a miracle, as the Vikings are favoured to come out on top.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:52 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:45 pm Miracle? We scored 4 on them with a B team.

When is the last time we won a match in Iceland?

A win there is a miracle, as the Vikings are favoured to come out on top.
A miracle vs a team that's only beaten Litchenstein and Faroe Island
  • Information