UEFA Nations League 2022-2023

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

artan wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:59 am I don’t think Seferi will do any worst than Manaj and you can make the argument that Seferi knows his role and which spaces to occupy as opposed to Manaj who thinks he’s Leo Messi.

The problem will be that both Seferi and Cikaleshi play similar games and will occupy the same roles. Will we get enough service to give these below average poachers the chances they need? Probably not. Will they be able to create on their own and help with build up? Probably not.

This is pretty much another version of the Cika and Balaj pairing. Expect the same kind of rugby play that we’ve been seeing the past 3 years. Iceland will be prepared for this and will be able to hold them off with their superb bunkering.

The only exception is that Balliu is a big upgrade over Trashi and can actually provide something from the flanks.
I don't agree that a Swiss league reject is better than a Serie A starter. That just doesn't make any sense.

If Seferi is destined to be 'the same' as players who are significantly better than him at club level then I think we need to question the manager and the tactics in terms of the forward line.

And Iceland suck at bunkering. They conceded 5 goals twice in the last few games, against Spain and South Korea!!! Lol. NM also beat them comfortably with 3 goals. Israel also scored 2 goals. I don't see where this myth comes from that they are good defenders, they concede far more than us.
RedFootballs

Iceland's last few games :
2-2 Israel D
5-0 Spain L
1-1 Finland D
5-1 South Korea L (wtf)
1-1 Uganda D
3-1 Macedonia L
0-0 Romania D

7 games. 0W 4D 3L. 17 goals conceded. Only high ranking opponent is Spain.

I mean what the f*** guys. This team sucks. And Georgia is clearly better than them in the current moment but read this forum and you would think Georgia were amateurs and Iceland were still in 2016.

Our team, which literally never scores more than a goal against any professional opposition, scored 4 on them. But no wonder. Even South Korea scored 5 goals on them :lol: :lol: and we think they are some kind of defensive masters.

Georgia was clearly better than them.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:09 pm Iceland's last few games :
2-2 Israel D
5-0 Spain L
1-1 Finland D
5-1 South Korea L (wtf)
1-1 Uganda D
3-1 Macedonia L
0-0 Romania D

I mean what the f*** guys. This team sucks. And Georgia is clearly better than them in the current moment but read this forum and you would think Georgia were amateurs and Iceland were still in 2016.

Our team, which literally never scores more than a goal against any professional opposition, scored 4 on them. But no wonder. Even South Korea scored 5 goals on them :lol: :lol: and we think they are some kind of defensive masters.

what I've been saying, they are now back to being crap after a golden generation. They've only beaten 2 small "nations" in the last year.

If we don't win its a disgrace
Dallku

Iceland is dogshit but Albanians should fear Reja's lineups more than Iceland because he can make it easy for them. He has done same crazy shit in the past like playing Trashi over Balliu, Balaj over Broja, Dermaku over Kumbulla, anyone over Bajrami, etc.

Watch out for the old man.
RedFootballs

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:42 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:09 pm Iceland's last few games :
2-2 Israel D
5-0 Spain L
1-1 Finland D
5-1 South Korea L (wtf)
1-1 Uganda D
3-1 Macedonia L
0-0 Romania D

what I've been saying, they are now back to being crap after a golden generation. They've only beaten 2 small "nations" in the last year.

If we don't win its a disgrace
I will advance 1 point in their favour and that is that they haven't played at home for nearly a year but last round of games they had at home, they drew with Armenia so even that I wouldn't think of as a big factor.

They are bad and only a win is acceptable.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:56 pm Iceland is dogshit but Albanians should fear Reja's lineups more than Iceland because he can make it easy for them. He has done same crazy shit in the past like playing Trashi over Balliu, Balaj over Broja, Dermaku over Kumbulla, anyone over Bajrami, etc.

Watch out for the old man.
Oh I'm sure you know I'm that mans biggest hater, but if he cant beat Iceland ...
artan

https://www.transfermarkt.us/island/sta ... erein/3574

Disregard my previous post. I didn’t realize Iceland was this bad on paper. Albania should realistically win by a goal or two no matter the forwards they put out.

We got really fucking lucky with this group. Better not squander it.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
RedFootballs
RedFootballs

Reja should be sacked if we don't top this group.

He already blew our chances to make WC playoffs by fielding Trashi in place of Balliu and leaving Broja on the bench against Poland. This is his last chance!
Princ

artan wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:54 pm https://www.transfermarkt.us/island/sta ... erein/3574

Disregard my previous post. I didn’t realize Iceland was this bad on paper. Albania should realistically win by a goal or two no matter the forwards they put out.

We got really fucking lucky with this group. Better not squander it.
Unfortunately, the experts on this forum still need to be reminded that it is not market values playing on the pitch, but men of different sizes. Iceland is a big, strong team who has just overcome the odds to take a point at group favourites Israel, spoiling the debut of their new coach.

Home team will come out sharp, looking to build on their momentum after a good result in Haifa. Every throw in is like a corner for the Vikings and they are super dangerous on the counter. Albania struggles historically defending set pieces against teams that have a lot of size..

On paper, Iceland is the favourite to win. When is last time Albania won a match in Rejkjavik? What makes you guys think that it will be easy to pull off an upset there?
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:10 pm Reja should be sacked if we don't top this group.

He already blew our chances to make WC playoffs by fielding Trashi in place of Balliu and leaving Broja on the bench against Poland. This is his last chance!
He should've been sacked already
  • Information