UEFA Nations League 2022-2023

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:39 pm
artan wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:54 pm https://www.transfermarkt.us/island/sta ... erein/3574

Disregard my previous post. I didn’t realize Iceland was this bad on paper. Albania should realistically win by a goal or two no matter the forwards they put out.

We got really fucking lucky with this group. Better not squander it.
Unfortunately, the experts on this forum still need to be reminded that it is not market values playing on the pitch, but men of different sizes. Iceland is a big, strong team who has just overcome the odds to take a point at group favourites Israel, spoiling the debut of their new coach.

Home team will come out sharp, looking to build on their momentum after a good result in Haifa. Every throw in is like a corner for the Vikings and they are super dangerous on the counter. Albania struggles historically defending set pieces against teams that have a lot of size..

On paper, Iceland is the favourite to win. When is last time Albania won a match in Rejkjavik? What makes you guys think that it will be easy to pull off an upset there?
The mighty Iceland have 1 win at home in the last year against Liechtenstein, the question is when are you gonna drop the act?
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:10 pm Reja should be sacked if we don't top this group.

He already blew our chances to make WC playoffs by fielding Trashi in place of Balliu and leaving Broja on the bench against Poland. This is his last chance!
Ultimate goal is to win the group..

Realize that Iceland and Israel have just as big of a chance as us to do so.
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:42 pm The mighty Iceland have 1 win at home in the last year against Liechtenstein, the question is when are you gonna drop the act?
Canayoudoit.. the final arbiter of reality!

Disregard the odds, disregard the fact that we are visitors into Viking country, disregard the opponent taking a big point at favourite Israel, and just DROP THE ACT.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:39 pm
artan wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:54 pm https://www.transfermarkt.us/island/sta ... erein/3574

Disregard my previous post. I didn’t realize Iceland was this bad on paper. Albania should realistically win by a goal or two no matter the forwards they put out.

We got really fucking lucky with this group. Better not squander it.
Unfortunately, the experts on this forum still need to be reminded that it is not market values playing on the pitch, but men of different sizes. Iceland is a big, strong team who has just overcome the odds to take a point at group favourites Israel, spoiling the debut of their new coach.

Home team will come out sharp, looking to build on their momentum after a good result in Haifa. Every throw in is like a corner for the Vikings and they are super dangerous on the counter. Albania struggles historically defending set pieces against teams that have a lot of size..

On paper, Iceland is the favourite to win. When is last time Albania won a match in Rejkjavik? What makes you guys think that it will be easy to pull off an upset there?
I wasn't looking at market value. When we played Georgia I commented that they were a much better opponent than we gave them credit for, based on results. The proof is in the pudding.

Iceland have been nothing short of awful the last 12 months, and more recently conceded 13 goals in their last 4 games. In their last WCQ groups they didn't manage to win once against Macedonia, Romania and Armenia in 6 games. That is terrible.

What would you say if in 6 games against Romania, Macedonia and Armenia we took away 3 points? It doesn't even need an answer. Our manager would be sacked on the spot.
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:49 pm I wasn't looking at market value. When we played Georgia I commented that they were a much better opponent than we gave them credit for, based on results. The proof is in the pudding.

Iceland have been nothing short of awful the last 12 months, and more recently conceded 13 goals in their last 4 games. In their last WCQ groups they didn't manage to win once against Macedonia, Romania and Armenia in 6 games. That is terrible.
Albania favoured to beat Georgia and could not do it in the middle of Tirana.

What makes you think we can go run over Iceland in Rejkjavik as the underdog?
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:46 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:42 pm The mighty Iceland have 1 win at home in the last year against Liechtenstein, the question is when are you gonna drop the act?
Canayoudoit.. the final arbiter of reality!

Disregard the odds, disregard the fact that we are visitors into Viking country, disregard the opponent taking a big point at favourite Israel, and just DROP THE ACT.
The only fool not regarding reality is you. And stop dickriding them calling them big strong vikings, its 2022
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:52 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:49 pm I wasn't looking at market value. When we played Georgia I commented that they were a much better opponent than we gave them credit for, based on results. The proof is in the pudding.

Albania favoured to beat Georgia and could not do it in the middle of Tirana.

My bad, we aren't built like the superhuman titans of Armenia, Romania, Macedonia, South Korea, Uganda etc.

Seriously, if you don't put us on a level with those countries, who had no problem with Iceland at all, where do you see us as a footballing country???
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:00 pm My bad, we aren't built like the superhuman titans of Armenia, Romania, Macedonia, South Korea, Uganda etc.

Seriously, if you don't put us on a level with those countries, who had no problem with Iceland at all, where do you see us as a footballing country???
I put us on the same level as Israel and Iceland.

Iceland will be tough to beat in Rejkjavik, just as Albania will be tough to beat in Tirana. You are the one putting us way above them, saying we should run them over in their country!

Who do we look like to you? Albania could not beat Georgia at home few weeks ago..
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Princ wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:52 pm

Iceland are very tough team to beat on Reykjavik, their form hasn't been great on last campaign but they know how to use atmospheric conditions in their favor.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Iceland and Israel have been at our level for decades. Our rooster has improved a lot since De Biasi and if we don’t win this group it’s a failure. We need 2 wins 1 draw to win the group. The games in Tirana are a must win. No excuses from Reja anymore, quite lucky we don’t play Russia.
These users thanked the author Simboli i Diellit for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
  • Information