[UNL] Iceland vs Albania - 06/06/2022- 20:45 ECT

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

Princ wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:15 pm
How can a player who scored 18 goals and dished out 10 assists in over 3000 minutes this season be in as a favour?
He had amazing numbers when Albania played Spain/Georgia a few months back but he wasn't even called up to the 23 men roster because supposedly the Albanian league was too weak then.

Now that Tirana is desperate to sell him he's not only getting called up but directly inserted into the starting lineup...

Interesting.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

We already did this before when Balaj was a free agent. Albanian media openly reported that he was being given a start to attract clubs to him.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

"Nuk ka dilema as në sulm, teksa në krah të Cikalleshit, besimi do t’i jepet bomberit të Superiores" 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 bomberit jajaajajaj
Kuqaloshi maoist
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:55 pm We already did this before when Balaj was a free agent. Albanian media openly reported that he was being given a start to attract clubs to him.
Politics aside..

Sulejmanov deserves to start as much as anybody else available for the match.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:58 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:55 pm We already did this before when Balaj was a free agent. Albanian media openly reported that he was being given a start to attract clubs to him.
Politics aside..

Sulejmanov deserves to start as much as anybody else available for the match.
'Sulejmanov' shouldn't even be on the bench.

FSHF prioritises Swiss Super League reject strikers when we already have like 6 better strikers in the pool (Vrioni/Manaj/Broja/Uzuni/Cika...), but doesn't call up wingers like Sahiti who set a dribbling record in the HNL when we have no wingers...

I do hope 'Sulejmanov' or Seferi doesn't become a new key piece of Reja's project like Balaj :lol:

But hey, he might surprise me
Klejdi1023

I wanna see Seferi and Balaj upfront tomorrow tear up the Icelandic defense 😆
CanaYouDoIt

This is going to be the most boring 0-0 ever.
artan

Albania is the only European nation to purposely bench their best players for amateurs. No other nations would bench Balliu for Trashi, Balaj/Seferi/Cika for Broja, and the benching of Bajrami and Asllani for scrubs. Reja even benched Kimbulla initially for Dermaku when Kumbulla first broke out.

It’s one thing for a team like France or Spain to bench star players because they have endless pool of professional and quality players to pick from but for Albania the difference is massive. You go from a quality player in a big league (ex Balliu) to a semi pro player in Trashi. No wonder we consider a 1-0 defeat to Poland a “victory”. You don’t see Macedonia, icleand, etc, doing this and these nations have been competitive.

As for the nepotism of domestic players it has always existed. I suspect guys like Bushi and other former domestic players have a big say in calling up the lists and they have close relationships to those owners (essentially Halili and Olsi Rama) and I doubt Reja has a say or even scouts players. They want their guys called up and they give handouts to their buddies. A guy like Cikaleshi is an untouchable and a mutiny was had when he was disregarded under Panucci. Notice the guys who never get replaced are former superliga players like cikaleshi, Balaj, Roshi, lila, Bulku, etc. it never mattered about their form because they would be called up and even starting.

It’s a shame because it’s gonna be a wasted generation. Someone like Asllani should have waited for Italy.
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:27 pm Albania is the only European nation to purposely bench their best players for amateurs. No other nations would bench Balliu for Trashi, Balaj/Seferi/Cika for Broja, and the benching of Bajrami and Asllani for scrubs. Reja even benched Kimbulla initially for Dermaku when Kumbulla first broke out.

It’s one thing for a team like France or Spain to bench star players because they have endless pool of professional and quality players to pick from but for Albania the difference is massive. You go from a quality player in a big league (ex Balliu) to a semi pro player in Trashi. No wonder we consider a 1-0 defeat to Poland a “victory”. You don’t see Macedonia, icleand, etc, doing this and these nations have been competitive.

As for the nepotism of domestic players it has always existed. I suspect guys like Bushi and other former domestic players have a big say in calling up the lists and they have close relationships to those owners (essentially Halili and Olsi Rama) and I doubt Reja has a say or even scouts players. They want their guys called up and they give handouts to their buddies. A guy like Cikaleshi is an untouchable and a mutiny was had when he was disregarded under Panucci. Notice the guys who never get replaced are former superliga players like cikaleshi, Balaj, Roshi, lila, Bulku, etc. it never mattered about their form because they would be called up and even starting.

It’s a shame because it’s gonna be a wasted generation. Someone like Asllani should have waited for Italy.
I agree with what you're saying but to say Asllani should play for Italy is wrong, he's Albanian. Why make ourselves weaker.
CanaYouDoIt

Berisha said it would be a shame if we dont finish 1st and he is right. Glad I finally see someone aim high in this national team.
  • Information