Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Klejdi1023

Dallku wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:43 pm
Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:41 pm You guys have to keep in mind though Albanians are considered extracommunical in EU, so whoever doesn’t have a EU passport is very hard for a team to take them over the Latin Americans. Once we join EU, then we should see a spike in home based players playing in the upper leagues. I know both Sadiku and Cika were close to joining Seria A teams in their prime, but both moves failed bc of that rule, which sucks.
Only problem is that most of these guys are failing in terrible leagues.
Right, well if we can get 3-4 home based players playing in top leagues by the time they reach their prime, that would be really good. Diaspora will fill in the rest. Albanian league is still a low league level, so the majority of the players will move only to a medium level league like Croatia, Hungary, Turkey, etc. Uzuni needed to go to both Croatia and Hungary just to reach a relegation team in Spain.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:41 pm You guys have to keep in mind though Albanians are considered extracommunical in EU, so whoever doesn’t have a EU passport is very hard for a team to take them over the Latin Americans. Once we join EU, then we should see a spike in home based players playing in the upper leagues. I know both Sadiku and Cika were close to joining Seria A teams in their prime, but both moves failed bc of that rule, which sucks.
Back in the day when the rules were even more stringent I believe the likes of Tare and Bogdani were able to start in Serie A. Sadiku/Cika are simply not good enough.
Dallku

Plako wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:38 pm
Back in the day when the rules were even more stringent I believe the likes of Tare and Bogdani were able to start in Serie A. Sadiku/Cika are simply not good enough.

Talent eventually gets you where you belong. The EU/political shit might delay it a little but eventually you'll get to your level, or at least have a try at it.

What did Skela, Bogdani, Lala, Tare do?? They dominated the lower leagues and eventually went up. The problem today is that the best Albanian leaguers get stuck at these lower leagues. That's just their level.
Klejdi1023

Plako wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:38 pm
In their prime, both Sadiku and Cika could have played a year or two in Serie A. The point is that doors feel relatively closed in the top leagues for our home based domestic players, it’s already hard for our players to reach that level without that rule, let alone with it.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:52 pmIn their prime, both Sadiku and Cika could have played a year or two in Serie A. The point is that doors feel relatively closed in the top leagues for our home based domestic players, it’s already hard for our players to reach that level without that rule, let alone with it.
Well Muriqi got his shot in Serie A playing in the same league as Cika under the same rules. He wasn't good enough to cement his role but he got his shot. The fact that Cika is a non-EU player is just an excuse.
Klejdi1023

Plako wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:57 pm
Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:52 pmIn their prime, both Sadiku and Cika could have played a year or two in Serie A. The point is that doors feel relatively closed in the top leagues for our home based domestic players, it’s already hard for our players to reach that level without that rule, let alone with it.
Well Muriqi got his shot in Serie A playing in the same league as Cika under the same rules. He wasn't good enough to cement his role but he got his shot. The fact that Cika is a non-EU player is just an excuse.
The fact is that Cika was wanted by a Serie A team, but the deal failed bc they couldn’t open up a spot for him. I doubt Cika would have succeeded anyways but the point is that his chance got denied. Hysaj is actually a perfect example of this. I doubt Napoli would have gotten him without his Italian passport, just saying that the level field is not equal for all in Europe rn.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:07 pm
The fact is that Cika was wanted by a Serie A team, but the deal failed bc they couldn’t open up a spot for him. I doubt Cika would have succeeded anyways but the point is that his chance got denied. Hysaj is actually a perfect example of this. I doubt Napoli would have gotten him without his Italian passport, just saying that the level field is not equal for all in Europe rn.
Hysaj doesn’t have an Italian passport. Actually he’s been occupying the foreigners spot at Empoli, Napoli and Lazio...
Dallku

but the deal failed bc they couldn’t open up a spot for him.

That's because he was not good enough.

People forget that at the time Cika was rumored to Sampdoria/etc he was struggling in the Turkish league for Instanbul Basakeskir. He was getting loaned out to the Turkish 2nd division because he couldn't cope in the Turkish super lig. He was then eventually dropped by that team. It was only in recent years that he established himself with Konyaspor in the Turkish league.

Compare that to Muriqi who dominated the Turkish league 2nd division and then dominated the Super lig. It earned him a transfer to Lazio, couldn't cope, but now he's doing well in relegation La Liga(which all indicates that is his true level). Eventually you end at your level.
artan

Cika could barely score goals in the Turkish first division, what makes you think a Serie A squad would want him? He said that without any proof just like how Sadiku was rumored to Borrusia Dortmund. No proof what so ever and probably a minor inquiry was made which Cika now says he could have signed lol.

Albania needs a super team before exports would happen (see Skenderbeu with their exports).
Klejdi1023

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:56 pm

Hysaj doesn’t have an Italian passport. Actually he’s been occupying the foreigners spot at Empoli, Napoli and Lazio...
Idk for certain but I thought he was, he’s been living in Italy since 2009, he must have became a citizen by the time he joined Napoli, idk what the citizenship rules are in Italy but he’s been living there a long time. Also before he joined Albania, Italy wanted him too. How do you know he doesn’t have a passport ? Even if he doesn’t, even more impressive his accomplishments then.
  • Information