Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Klejdi1023

artan wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:58 pm Cika could barely score goals in the Turkish first division, what makes you think a Serie A squad would want him? He said that without any proof just like how Sadiku was rumored to Borrusia Dortmund. No proof what so ever and probably a minor inquiry was made which Cika now says he could have signed lol.

Albania needs a super team before exports would happen (see Skenderbeu with their exports).
This is what Albanian media had stated, now without signing of course things are subjective, however the truth is that the players that made it to Euro 16 were seen as good signings by some teams in the top leagues, I mean Levante even signed Sadiku bc of that.
Klejdi1023

Dallku wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:21 pm
Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:07 pm

but the deal failed bc they couldn’t open up a spot for him.

That's because he was not good enough.

People forget that at the time Cika was rumored to Sampdoria/etc he was struggling in the Turkish league for Instanbul Basakeskir. He was getting loaned out to the Turkish 2nd division because he couldn't cope in the Turkish super lig. He was then eventually dropped by that team. It was only in recent years that he established himself with Konyaspor in the Turkish league.

Compare that to Muriqi who dominated the Turkish league 2nd division and then dominated the Super lig. It earned him a transfer to Lazio, couldn't cope, but now he's doing well in relegation La Liga(which all indicates that is his true level). Eventually you end at your level.
Of course we know Cika is not good enough for Serie A. However a team was ready to take him on, but didn’t bc of no open spots. He wasn’t even given a chance. I really don’t give a shit about Cika, just saying it’s tough for Albanian players to make it to the top level, and the administrative rules don’t help either.
artan

Klejdi1023 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:01 am
Dallku wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:21 pm
Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:07 pm

but the deal failed bc they couldn’t open up a spot for him.

That's because he was not good enough.

People forget that at the time Cika was rumored to Sampdoria/etc he was struggling in the Turkish league for Instanbul Basakeskir. He was getting loaned out to the Turkish 2nd division because he couldn't cope in the Turkish super lig. He was then eventually dropped by that team. It was only in recent years that he established himself with Konyaspor in the Turkish league.

Compare that to Muriqi who dominated the Turkish league 2nd division and then dominated the Super lig. It earned him a transfer to Lazio, couldn't cope, but now he's doing well in relegation La Liga(which all indicates that is his true level). Eventually you end at your level.
Of course we know Cika is not good enough for Serie A. However a team was ready to take him on, but didn’t bc of no open spots. He wasn’t even given a chance. I really don’t give a shit about Cika, just saying it’s tough for Albanian players to make it to the top level, and the administrative rules don’t help either.
Albanian Superliga players have no value and often sign in inferior leagues on a Free. Big clubs understand this and don't even give it attention due to the inferior play. The clubs know if exports of the league can't make it in Azerbaijian or Turkey why even bother with them. The league has to have worth or the club has to be proven (skenderbeu) before big clubs pay attention,

However, that doesn't mean there isn't talent. But it's hard to find from a scouting level as these players tend to be "gems in the rough" as they for some reason don't show their worth in Albania (see Rrahmani, Muqiri and even Uzuni) and they usually have to go through an intermediary league before big clubs rate them (croatia). It's the failure of the system.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Superliga is absolute trash. It's got nothing to do with EU. Players don't understand footballing basics. They have to find African villagers to play for us, because our villagers are that bad.

The only player to successfully use superliga is Rrahmani, and he had to play for 3 different clubs in Croatia before moving to a bottom table in Italy.

Duka has destroyed Albanian football by allowing them to turn the league into a gambling/match-fixing haven for corrupt owners with 0 football knowledge. During communism and the 90s we were producing better players.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Klejdi1023 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:51 am
Idk for certain but I thought he was, he’s been living in Italy since 2009, he must have became a citizen by the time he joined Napoli, idk what the citizenship rules are in Italy but he’s been living there a long time. Also before he joined Albania, Italy wanted him too. How do you know he doesn’t have a passport ? Even if he doesn’t, even more impressive his accomplishments then.
I know because he is still occupying the foreigners spot at Lazio. If he had the Italian passport then he would free that spot.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:20 pm
Idk for certain but I thought he was, he’s been living in Italy since 2009, he must have became a citizen by the time he joined Napoli, idk what the citizenship rules are in Italy but he’s been living there a long time. Also before he joined Albania, Italy wanted him too. How do you know he doesn’t have a passport ? Even if he doesn’t, even more impressive his accomplishments then.
I know because he is still occupying the foreigners spot at Lazio. If he had the Italian passport then he would free that spot.
Hysaj moved to Italy when he was 14. No way he was eligible to play for or was there any indication ever that Italy wanted him. Some people will believe anything lol
Klejdi1023

Plako wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:42 am
Hysaj moved to Italy when he was 14. No way he was eligible to play for or was there any indication ever that Italy wanted him. Some people will believe anything lol
Hysaj made his Albania debut at 19, at the time he was one of the most highly rated fb's in Europe, let alone Italy. At that time it's very possible he was wanted by either the Italian U19 or U21 teams, which was brought to light when we faced Italy in the 2018 WC qualifiers. Regarding eligibility, Italy would have def given him a passport as he had been in the country at least 5 years, which even FIFA rules allow. Comeon man Italy has been calling up all sorts of trash for the past decade, hence missing on 2 world cups, not that hard to believe they didn't have room for Hysaj too…
artan

Klejdi1023 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:03 am
Plako wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:42 am

Hysaj made his Albania debut at 19, at the time he was one of the most highly rated fb's in Europe, let alone Italy. At that time it's very possible he was wanted by either the Italian U19 or U21 teams, which was brought to light when we faced Italy in the 2018 WC qualifiers. Regarding eligibility, Italy would have def given him a passport as he had been in the country at least 5 years, which even FIFA rules allow. Comeon man Italy has been calling up all sorts of trash for the past decade, hence missing on 2 world cups, not that hard to believe they didn't have room for Hysaj too…
Hysaj wasn't one of the most highly rated FB's in Europe when he first was called up for Albania. I remember him being an okay fullback in Serie B and for the NT in that 2014 WC qualifier. It wasn't until he joined Napoli with Sarri that he fully broke out. But I do think if he waited he would have been called up for Italy and possibly been a starter or at least get some minutes for a few years (2015 - 2018). I

I also think Asllani would have been eventually called up for them as well. We got lucky on this one as last year Asllani wasn't on the FSHF radar what so ever (he wasn't getting called up for the U21) and wasn't until he started breaking out with Empoli that we took notice. Go figure.
Dallku

Lucky that Italy is not so thirsty for immigrants. They eventually get them but they don't rush it or put on pressure like other countries do.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Italy will never give out passports to players if they have less than 10 years residency. They mostly naturalize players who are married to Italians or who have Italian origins.
I don’t think any of our guys ever had any chance to play with Italy. Asllani would’ve been called to Italy U21 at most.
  • Information