Albanian Teams on Europe 2022-23

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

The other teams in Albania being so bad in Europe wasn’t impacted by Skenderbeu. Even Kukesi was a penalty shootout away from European qualification in 2012 way before Skenderbeu qualified. So that argument doesn’t really hold still. You can even make the case that Skenderbeu elevated the other teams like Kukesi to try and compete more.

Albanian teams are greatly mismanaged. They all lacked any projects and long term building. Skenderbeu built a strong core that ensured continuity and was able to get players to add to this core or to replace this core. They didn’t fire their coach mid season or sign a completely new squad the following season. Quality guys like Lilaj, Vangjeli, Latifi, Berisha, shehu, Jashanica, etc, we’re there for years and some of them were sold (ie Berisha) but we’re quickly replaced with guys like Latifi. Also a very underrated scouting team that was able to get hidden gems.

Albanian teams have no continuity and the players are on 1 year contracts. Partizani and the others always replace their whole squad right before qualifiers and often they don’t even pay their players. Blaming their incompetence on Skenderbeu is just an excuse on how poorly managed these clubs are. It’s not rocket science. Maybe Tirana could have threatened to qualify but they didn’t strengthen their squad. Signing an offensive threat like Abazaj or Bregu could have probably propelled them over the Luxembourg team but they are just too cheap.

Albanian clubs can’t even keep their best players from rotting in the Turkish first division which says all about the state of the league. How can guys like Bregu and Cinari who were the best players in Albania can barely get matches for mid table teams in the Turkish second division?
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

The main reason for players leaving is the abysmal wages. Turkish 2nd division pays more money. Owners are greedy fucks who just pocket any profit. If these players were payed competitive salaries, they wouldn't be jumping ship.

But this is also why you have youth development, which is non-existent there.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Plako wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:55 pm
You see how they self-destroyed the moment they lost European football and the money that came with it.
Well no shit.. They would have to be dumb to keep investing after getting banned. Invest for what? The domestic league which is the worst and most pointless in Europe?

That's the problem with Albanian clubs. They build and try to win only the domestic league and for what? They treat European competitions like a bonus more than anything when it should be the #1 priority because that's where the money is.

And nowadays it's 100x easier to qualify than it used to be. If Tirana qualifies over this Luxembourg team they are not only guaranteed millions but also possible entry to a group stage which would bring even more money. That's the only way to build the league if you're not gonna invest in academies.

Every small country except Albania understands this concept.
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:23 am The other teams in Albania being so bad in Europe wasn’t impacted by Skenderbeu. Even Kukesi was a penalty shootout away from European qualification in 2012 way before Skenderbeu qualified. So that argument doesn’t really hold still. You can even make the case that Skenderbeu elevated the other teams like Kukesi to try and compete more.

Albanian teams are greatly mismanaged. They all lacked any projects and long term building. Skenderbeu built a strong core that ensured continuity and was able to get players to add to this core or to replace this core. They didn’t fire their coach mid season or sign a completely new squad the following season. Quality guys like Lilaj, Vangjeli, Latifi, Berisha, shehu, Jashanica, etc, we’re there for years and some of them were sold (ie Berisha) but we’re quickly replaced with guys like Latifi. Also a very underrated scouting team that was able to get hidden gems.

Albanian teams have no continuity and the players are on 1 year contracts. Partizani and the others always replace their whole squad right before qualifiers and often they don’t even pay their players. Blaming their incompetence on Skenderbeu is just an excuse on how poorly managed these clubs are. It’s not rocket science. Maybe Tirana could have threatened to qualify but they didn’t strengthen their squad. Signing an offensive threat like Abazaj or Bregu could have probably propelled them over the Luxembourg team but they are just too cheap.

Albanian clubs can’t even keep their best players from rotting in the Turkish first division which says all about the state of the league. How can guys like Bregu and Cinari who were the best players in Albania can barely get matches for mid table teams in the Turkish second division?
Partizani had a good core of players like Hoxha, Ramadani, Ekuban, Trashi in 2016/2017 that were just as good as those you mentioned. It's hard to maintain stability when you don't have CL and betting money pouring into the club. You don't find it strange that Skenderbeu, a relegation threatened team in 2010, was able to build a winning team in 2011 and maintain that stability for a whole decade while others couldn't and is now relegated and are rightfully where they belong to begin with. Let's not sit here and pretend that it was all due to their great team management.

Meanwhile Partizani was illegally stripped of its club assets by Berisha's son-in-law and was forced to build its own training grounds and now stadium while the likes of Tirana were gifted Selman Stermasi stadium by the municipality. Dinamo the other club stripped of its assets has never recovered despite building a winning team in the 2000's under Besnik Sula's ownership, who by the way hired Zlatco Dalic who went on to make it 2018 WC final Croatia.

Before Skenderbeu's domination you had FK Tirana dominating the league winning 10 of the 15 leagues from 1995-2010. Tirana got relegated in 2017 and were battling relegation in 20018 yet somehow miraculously won the league in 2019. You guys really love to stick your head in the sand.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:23 am The other teams in Albania being so bad in Europe wasn’t impacted by Skenderbeu. Even Kukesi was a penalty shootout away from European qualification in 2012 way before Skenderbeu qualified. So that argument doesn’t really hold still. You can even make the case that Skenderbeu elevated the other teams like Kukesi to try and compete more.

Qysh mundesh me ardh ne perfundim qe ecuria e ekipeve shqiptare nuk osht impaktu prej Skenderbeut kur ne Shqiperi nuk ka pas gare edhe fituesi ka qene i percaktum para se me fillu kampionati per nje dekade? Vitin kur osht prezentu projekti "Skenderbeu" nga ish-ministri i financave Ridvan Bode, korcaret ishin ne vendin e fundit dhe kishin shpresa veq matematikore me mbet ne lige por disi "mrekullisht" arriten zonen playoff. Presidenti i pare dhe aksioneri kryesor Skenderbeut Agim Zeqo ishte edhe zyrtarisht partner biznesi i Armando Dukes por ne Shqiperi nuk i bon kerkujt pershtypje, detaj i vogel krejt i parendesishem . Titulli i pare i fituar nga Skenderbeu osht fitu ne menyre skandaloze, Flamurtari ka qene bindshem skuadra ma e mire e kampionatit por titulli osht percaktu prej zyrave. Nuk e di a e ke percjell kampionatin shqiptar e sa ndeshje ke pa prej vitit 2010 por Skenderbeu ma shume se projekt sportiv ka qene organizate kriminale qe osht marr me trukim ndeshjeve, kampionati shqiptar gjate kesaj periudhe osht shpall si kampionati me i trukuar ne bote dhe kompanite e basteve nuk e kan kuotuar me si kampionat. Skenderbeu i ka rekrutu futbollistet ma te mire te kampionatit sepse ka pagu ma shume se te tjeret, klubet tjera shqiptare qe kan tentu me qene kompetitive jane mbyt ne borxhe se perveq biznesit te trukimeve, kualifikimi ne kupat e Europes ka qene burimi i vetem i te ardhurave. FSHF-ja gjate gjithe ketyre viteve ka qene si zyre shtypi e Skenderbeut, te gjitha institucionet prej "Komisionit se Disiplines", *Dhoma e zgjidhjeve te konflikteve" ishin ne sherbim te Skenderbeut, FSHF-ja ka mbajt ne sirtar per muaj me radhe edhe vendimin e UEFA-s per pezullimin e Skenderbeut nga garat europiane, shqiptaret e kan kuptu per kete vendim vetem masi e kan publiku mediat nderkombetare. Me analizu "projektin sportiv" edhe me i thur lavde fatkeqsise ma te madhe te futbollit shqiptar osht thjesht tragjikomike.
These users thanked the author ZenMaster for the post:
Plako
Kuqaloshi maoist
Plako

Dallku wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:24 pmWell no shit.. They would have to be dumb to keep investing after getting banned. Invest for what? The domestic league which is the worst and most pointless in Europe?
I don't know maybe invest in developing local talent and foster ties with the local community and keep they 50 remaining fans happy. I know these are hard to understand concepts for Skenderbeu gloryhunting fans but after all what is the whole point of the domestic league? I tell you it's not to make money off betting in the Euro games. If our FA was not as corrupt they should have been sent to the third division after they got banned from Europe.

You grew up watching Greek football and you lack any knowledge of Albanian football history pre-Skenderbeu days. You think Skenderbeu was some gift from the heavens to Albanians football that we should be thankful for as fans. It was nothing more than a sham and thank god it's back to where it deserves to be, I'll gladly take Laci's goons over Korca any day of the week.
Plako

ZenMaster wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:01 pmQysh mundesh me ardh ne perfundim qe ecuria e ekipeve shqiptare nuk osht impaktu prej Skenderbeut kur ne Shqiperi nuk ka pas gare edhe fituesi ka qene i percaktum para se me fillu kampionati per nje dekade? Vitin kur osht prezentu projekti "Skenderbeu" nga ish-ministri i financave Ridvan Bode, korcaret ishin ne vendin e fundit dhe kishin shpresa veq matematikore me mbet ne lige por disi "mrekullisht" arriten zonen playoff. Presidenti i pare dhe aksioneri kryesor Skenderbeut Agim Zeqo ishte edhe zyrtarisht partner biznesi i Armando Dukes por ne Shqiperi nuk i bon kerkujt pershtypje, detaj i vogel krejt i parendesishem . Titulli i pare i fituar nga Skenderbeu osht fitu ne menyre skandaloze, Flamurtari ka qene bindshem skuadra ma e mire e kampionatit por titulli osht percaktu prej zyrave. Nuk e di a e ke percjell kampionatin shqiptar e sa ndeshje ke pa prej vitit 2010 por Skenderbeu ma shume se projekt sportiv ka qene organizate kriminale qe osht marr me trukim ndeshjeve, kampionati shqiptar gjate kesaj periudhe osht shpall si kampionati me i trukuar ne bote dhe kompanite e basteve nuk e kan kuotuar me si kampionat. Skenderbeu i ka rekrutu futbollistet ma te mire te kampionatit sepse ka pagu ma shume se te tjeret, klubet tjera shqiptare qe kan tentu me qene kompetitive jane mbyt ne borxhe se perveq biznesit te trukimeve, kualifikimi ne kupat e Europes ka qene burimi i vetem i te ardhurave. FSHF-ja gjate gjithe ketyre viteve ka qene si zyre shtypi e Skenderbeut, te gjitha institucionet prej "Komisionit se Disiplines", *Dhoma e zgjidhjeve te konflikteve" ishin ne sherbim te Skenderbeut, FSHF-ja ka mbajt ne sirtar per muaj me radhe edhe vendimin e UEFA-s per pezullimin e Skenderbeut nga garat europiane, shqiptaret e kan kuptu per kete vendim vetem masi e kan publiku mediat nderkombetare. Me analizu "projektin sportiv" edhe me i thur lavde fatkeqsise ma te madhe te futbollit shqiptar osht thjesht tragjikomike.
Duka and his crooks didn't even dare to go to Vlore to hand the trophy to Skenderbeu. They wouldn't have made it out of there alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgF2egAcqAo

But I guess for some folks here we're supposed to turn a blind eye to all the thievery and bow down to Skenderbu because they eliminated DZ once.
Dallku

Plako wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:07 pm

You grew up watching Greek football and you lack any knowledge of Albanian football history pre-Skenderbeu days. You think Skenderbeu was some gift from the heavens to Albanians football that we should be thankful for as fans. It was nothing more than a sham and thank god it's back to where it deserves to be, I'll gladly take Laci's goons over Korca any day of the week.

You're right. I couldn't care less how many times Partizani has beaten FK Shkumbini or Pogradeci just as like I don't care about the Special Olympics.

Albanian football only has 3 achievements in its history:

NT qualifying in 2016
Skenderbeu qualifying to Europa League (2x)

Anything else is completely irrelevant and even embarrassing to mention.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:35 pm You're right. I couldn't care less how many times Partizani has beaten FK Shkumbini or Pogradeci just as like I don't care about the Special Olympics.

Albanian football only has 3 achievements in its history:

NT qualifying in 2016
Skenderbeu qualifying to Europa League (2x)

Anything else is completely irrelevant and even embarrassing to mention.
Sokol Kushta scoring in the middle of Belgrade to knock out Partizan belongs on that list too..

Flamurtari is a historic club that has made us just as proud as Skenderbeu did!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R3zfk5BdDvg
Princ

Big win for underdog Partizani today in Georgia!

Fantastic action by Skuka leading to the go ahead goal by Cara!
  • Information