Albanian Teams on Europe 2022-23

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

Princ wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:18 pm

Sokol Kushta scoring in the middle of Belgrade to knock out Partizan belongs on that list too..

Flamurtari is a historic club that has made us just as proud as Skenderbeu did!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R3zfk5BdDvg

Also Albania drew West Germany, beat Belgium and maybe a few more but I don't think 1 individual result is an achievement because upsets and flukes happen all the time in one individual game. That's why European games are 2 legged matchups(so teams don't get completely penalized for a shocking fluke that might happen in 1 game).

Qualifications are more meaningful because they are the end result of a project(like a tournament).
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Pretty sure Flamurtari beating Barcelona at home is a way bigger feat than qualifying for random EL group stages. They got past Partizan which should have easily been on the level of a DZ back then.

Year before they faced them and Barca only went through on away goals too. Tying Barca > Tying DZ.

The sad reality is the poorer Albania was the better the club football was. The more money there was, the more the greedy fat fucks started putting their hands in the cookie jar (fixing matches, not paying wages, etc...). Football there is to fill the pockets of a few people.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post:
ZenMaster
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Check out Kushta scoring record for Albania..

10 goals in 31 matches against some of the best countries in Europe. Phenomenal player!
Dallku

Princ wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:48 am Check out Kushta scoring record for Albania..

10 goals in 31 matches against some of the best countries in Europe. Phenomenal player!
Kushta was probably good. So was Demollari.

But Panajot Pano who is treated as a god was a joke. There are full matches of him on youtube and he looked terrible. Just different times/era . Making shit look like heroes because of ignorance.
artan

It’s very well that those communist era teams were much better than the current teams but since none of them ever qualified it’s tough to put it as an accomplishment. And I do understand the qualifying format was different and harder back then. One thing about the communist era was players were not allowed to leave the country so the league probably had quality players back then and they were competitive. Now players just sign for Turkey and Kazakhstan.

As for the current teams they only care about collecting the prize money. They trim the roster before to minimize wages and if they get past the first round (vs whatever even shittier teams they play) it’s just more icing on the cake for them. A team like Tirana would have sold Seferi if they received any transfer fee for him but had no offers so made the excuse that the Turkish second division club didn’t offer enough.

So much blown chances for these clubs to improve themselves. Some players like Roshi were available and probably would have propelled Tirana to the next round and let’s not kid ourselves to think Roshi is getting some big contract in his mid table turkish second division club. Same with other guys like Abazaj and Bregu who could have helped too.
Aurora Bulkualis

artan wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:15 pm It’s very well that those communist era teams were much better than the current teams but since none of them ever qualified it’s tough to put it as an accomplishment. And I do understand the qualifying format was different and harder back then. One thing about the communist era was players were not allowed to leave the country so the league probably had quality players back then and they were competitive. Now players just sign for Turkey and Kazakhstan.

As for the current teams they only care about collecting the prize money. They trim the roster before to minimize wages and if they get past the first round (vs whatever even shittier teams they play) it’s just more icing on the cake for them. A team like Tirana would have sold Seferi if they received any transfer fee for him but had no offers so made the excuse that the Turkish second division club didn’t offer enough.

So much blown chances for these clubs to improve themselves. Some players like Roshi were available and probably would have propelled Tirana to the next round and let’s not kid ourselves to think Roshi is getting some big contract in his mid table turkish second division club. Same with other guys like Abazaj and Bregu who could have helped too.
I think it is that, that they were able to keep the talent. But also youth development just seemed better.

Guys like Bogdani and Tare got their youth start in those communist systems, and were able to do well in Serie A, when it was still the best defensive league in the world.
Princ

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:17 am I think it is that, that they were able to keep the talent. But also youth development just seemed better.

Guys like Bogdani and Tare got their youth start in those communist systems, and were able to do well in Serie A, when it was still the best defensive league in the world.
Albania still produced some decent players post communist era.

Roshi, Cikalleshi, Sadiku, Agolli, and Lila were all solid in their prime. Domestic products like these have proven themselves on international stage.

Imagine the success we could have enjoyed in European competitions had these guys not gone sprinting abroad, but stayed behind to form an Albanian super team.

Clearly, there needs to be investment in Albanian football. Furthermore, it is equally important that a sense of nationalism be instilled in children from a young age, through education system and various state propaganda.

Albanians should not ask “what can my country do for me, but what can I do for my country?” People must learn that not everything is about money, and be willing to take a discount for the betterment of their nation.
Aurora Bulkualis

Princ wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:21 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:17 am I think it is that, that they were able to keep the talent. But also youth development just seemed better.

Albania still produced some decent players post communist era.

Roshi, Cikalleshi, Sadiku, Agolli, and Lila were all solid in their prime. Domestic products like these have proven themselves on international stage.

Imagine the success we could have enjoyed in European competitions had these guys not gone sprinting abroad, but stayed behind to form an Albanian super team.

Clearly, there needs to be investment in Albanian football. Furthermore, it is equally important that a sense of nationalism be instilled in children from a young age, through education system and various state propaganda.

Albanians should not ask “what can my country do for me, but what can I do for my country?” People must learn that not everything is about money, and be willing to take a discount for the betterment of their nation.
The issue is footballers only have a work period of 10-15 years and need to make money for the rest of their lives. So if Turkish 2nd division pays more, they will go there.

And the sad thing like Artan said, it's not like the Turks are paying them that much more.
Princ

Tirana favoured to beat Dudelange tonight!

via 1xbet..
1 ~52%
X ~27%
2 ~21%

F91 looked noticeably stronger in the first leg, but here’s hoping we show up at home. Go on boys, get ‘er done!
Dallku

There is no way their #9 Brazilian is better than a random striker from their academy.
  • Information