Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

So Tirana sold three players to the Ukrainian team Vorskla Petrova in one window for nearly a million dollars. I know the amount is not much but for a historical mid table village Ukrainian side in the middle of a war is kind of crazy.

This seems shady and I bet there’s some kind of money laundering going on here or some kind of black market scheme going.
Dallku

Balliu peaked late. He sure as hell wasn't this player 2 or 3 years ago.

Agolli was like that too. He was way better in his 30s. But tbf Balliu's development is more impressive because he's doing it athletically.. (non stop running). Agolli just had an insane left foot.

I suspect Balliu still has 3-4 years left in him. He clearly takes care of himself.
artan

Dallku wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:56 pm Balliu peaked late. He sure as hell wasn't this player 2 or 3 years ago.

Agolli was like that too. He was way better in his 30s. But tbf Balliu's development is more impressive because he's doing it athletically.. (non stop running). Agolli just had an insane left foot.

I suspect Balliu still has 3-4 years left in him. He clearly takes care of himself.
Balliu is probably on another level than Agolli. Agolli had severe issues with pace that always made him a liability if he didn’t have coverage and it never gave him a chance in a bigger league.
CanaYouDoIt

I think they're similar, Ansi was so solid man. Never got destroyed by anyone, 7/10 minimum every game. We needed someone like him today.

I keep asking but what happened to Binaku, I thought he was the next Agolli, he did well then just never got called up again.
Dallku

Balliu is definitely a level higher. As good as Ansi was in his late years, there is no shot a team like Villareal would ever consider him lol. Running with the ball and being comfortable with it is a minimal requirement for a fullback in the top leagues. That's wasn't Ansi. He was just a great crosser.

and before you guys say Hysaj.. Hysaj's composure on the ball and passing(especially short and tiki taka like combining with teammates) was very very high level. You could've given him the ball when he was surrounded and pressured by 3 opponents and he would've made the right decision.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
artan

ANSI’s late career revival was largely because Di Biasi created a defensive system where he was never placed in one vs one defending situations on the flanks because if he did he would get easily burnt. He always had headless chicken wingers in front of him who would track back relentlessly like Lila or Lenjani to give him coverage on the flanks. It allowed Agolli to not have the burden to defend the opposing wingers and he could be more tucked in where he was a decent tackler.

And let’s be real, we can’t take his performances at Qarabag seriously. Sure they made the Europa League here and there but it’s not a competitive league. I remmeber Ansi the most for looking like Roberto Carlos against Armenia where he was whipping in some of the nastiest crosses I’ve ever seen but he was never able to replicate it again because Armenia was stupid enough to give him all the space in the world to cross it in.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Chelsea lose 3-0 to Leeds, then exact same lineup again today with Havertz over Broja again...

And they want to bring in Gordon and Aubameyang. He needs to get out of there before the window closes so he can play some actual minutes.

Havertz has been in bad form for this entire year now and still he won't give Broja a chance other than a few minutes off the bench every game.
artan

Tuchel has always been overrated and has been fortunate to coach teams loaded with talent which over shadows his technical fetishes. He’s way too smart for his own good and still doesn’t have a set lineup or style he wants them to play.

Havertz is a great talent but he’s not a #9. Chelsea needs an actual forward as they have too many players who are technical and their style now is jsut to pass sideways like a wannabe Pep Guardiola team. A player like Broja will actually improve them with his directness even if he’s not ready for Chelsea yet. Still can’t believe they haven’t brought in a real forward yet.

Also, Mario Mitaj sold to Lokomotiv Moscow. Hopefully he gets playing time there
Dallku

He was never going to start today because he just came back from injury anyway. This dude gets injured at the worst moments when he has a potential chance to prove himself. That's what Tuchel said too.

Bajrami very close to Fiorentina. Big career move. He seems like the type that could thrive playing with better teammates.

https://twitter.com/NicoSchira/status/1 ... 5274419201
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

Broja needs to leave. Tuchel is a toxic manager who doesn't have a good eye for talent. Havertz shocking again, perfect game for Broja to hit Leicester on the counter and he didn't play 1 min while Havertz spends another game wasting time upfront. Dont care where he goes, that Nazi clearly wants to play his german buddy over him.

And Broja looked insane in training too.
  • Information