Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:33 pm I thought we’d have games in the begining of september but it seems games are on 27th.
Djimsiti is back at training with Atalanta (training alone) meanwhile Kumbulla might be back for those days aswell.
Kumbulla is back after the international break. Even if he's healed up during that time there is no way he would be fit anyway.

https://twitter.com/angelomangiante/sta ... 8932321281
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Hopefully he’ll be back after three weeks. He’s had a few issues with hamstrings at Roma so this is all on their training programs/coach.
CanaYouDoIt

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:20 am Hopefully he’ll be back after three weeks. He’s had a few issues with hamstrings at Roma so this is all on their training programs/coach.
100% They seem to have multiple ACL injuries too. What are they doing over there?

Luckily Ismajli has had a fantastic start to the year so maybe he can step up. Well and truly we should be able to handle Iceland and Israel even without Kumbulla or Djimsiti.
artan

Looks like a promising player. No way he chooses Albania/Kosovo.
Klejdi1023

Reja has left us without any quality wingers. With the upcoming switch to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, we are gonna need wingers again. Rn only Uzuni is guaranteed to start, Roshi a sub at best, we will have to insert either Bajrami or Muci there. That Mehmeti guy looks good too. Who else could be in the mix ?
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:38 pm Looks like a promising player. No way he chooses Albania/Kosovo.
One thing I want to see is how much weight Sylvinho/Zabaleta are going to have in bringing in diaspora players who are on the fence.

Although I'm not sure if a player this young even knows who Sylvinho is.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:47 pm
artan wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:38 pm Looks like a promising player. No way he chooses Albania/Kosovo.
One thing I want to see is how much weight Sylvinho/Zabaleta are going to have in bringing in diaspora players who are on the fence.

I mean they should do, I’m around the age of all these young guys and I do but that’s because he used to play for Arsenal, he also won 2 CLs playing for Barca . Zabaleta is someone they all will know.

watching the presser and they’re saying all the right things. I’m excited to see some younger faces direct our national team.
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:47 pm

I would think the foreign coaches wouldn’t care and would play the best players regardless if he’s diaspora or not. Someone like Reja or a FSHF insider like Bushi would rather play domestic players as they are connected with the Albanian system and may be giving out favors in having a certain player playing (ie Trashi, Cikaleshi, etc)
Dallku

artan wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:22 pm
I would think the foreign coaches wouldn’t care and would play the best players regardless if he’s diaspora or not. Someone like Reja or a FSHF insider like Bushi would rather play domestic players as they are connected with the Albanian system and may be giving out favors in having a certain player playing (ie Trashi, Cikaleshi, etc)

Reja didn't even consider domestic players till the very end. And he admitted so and said that was a mistake on his part.

I think we'll be seeing more Albanian leaguers with these new coaches.
  • Information