Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:42 am I thought Sadiku retired. If in doubt, you know old Albanian players are owning a 2nd division somewhere.
Wel Uzuni is playing the same division and starts for us. I think Sadiku deserved a call up just for old time sake. If Balaj got called and produce nothing for 5-6 years at least they could give Armand one last callup.
Klejdi1023

Plako wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:14 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:42 am I thought Sadiku retired. If in doubt, you know old Albanian players are owning a 2nd division somewhere.
Wel Uzuni is playing the same division and starts for us. I think Sadiku deserved a call up just for old time sake. If Balaj got called and produce nothing for 5-6 years at least they could give Armand one last callup.
I agree. I’d like to see a Broja Sadiku partnership and how it works out.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I don't think we can keep justifying calling up bad or washed up players because of Balaj.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

He's not bad or washed up, the same thing happened this season and last, he was benched and someone got injured, then he started scoring every game when he got his chance. Has scored the last 3 games in a row.

For Albania he was still the best striker I've seen and the only one who really carried in some games (Broja granted but team also did their part by 2 clean sheets) with a shitty team not close to the one we have now. He is a victim of bad luck and no opportunity, he tore his ACL twice.

Without that catastrophic injury period he may well have played in LaLiga today.
CanaYouDoIt

We can’t call up Sadiku guys come on. I love the guy but he’s 31 and we can’t be going backwards.

Injuries ruined him.
CanaYouDoIt

Not starting Asllani is ridiculous. Shows its not on merit especially since Calahognu has been shit all year and even gave away a goal last game.
artan

Asllani made a late appearance for Inter. Seems like a smart player defensively and understands areas to mark, keep defensive shape, capable presser, etc. when he gets the ball he’s able to make the simple pass which is crucial for a defensive midfielder. He may have some potential with his longer passing too

Seems like he’s gaining the trust of the manager as well.
Dallku

artan wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:03 pm Asllani made a late appearance for Inter. Seems like a smart player defensively and understands areas to mark, keep defensive shape, capable presser, etc.

Seems like he’s gaining the trust of the manager.
He's very professional...

the main thing with him is if he becomes more confident and brave in his game. He mostly plays it safe now.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Even just to come on for those 10 minutes, it was a very high pressure situation, and a very important win for Inzaghi who likely would've been sacked if he lost.

He kept his cool and didn't f*** up, that will win him brownie points.
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:00 am
I don't think we can keep justifying calling up bad or washed up players because of Balaj.
We called up Seferi when he as playing for Tirana. Dude has been nothing but abysmal for the NT.
  • Information