Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

While ACL injuries aren't the injuries they used to be and it's very common for athletes to recover from it nowadays but I'm skeptical since Broja's work ethic and professionalism seems to be mediocre. Before this injury his work, stamina and drive seemed to be below average. Will he train and take his recovery seriously?

Regardless, this is more confirmation to me to switch to a high pressing & counter attacking style of play. Besides Bajrami who might have to be sacrificed to get a more willing presser in the lineup there really isn't much down side in this style of play.
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:01 pm While ACL injuries aren't the injuries they used to be and it's very common for athletes to recover from it nowadays but I'm skeptical since Broja's work ethic and professionalism seems to be mediocre. Before this injury his work, stamina and drive seemed to be below average. Will he train and take his recovery seriously?

Regardless, this is more confirmation to me to switch to a high pressing & counter attacking style of play. Besides Bajrami who might have to be sacrificed to get a more willing presser in the lineup there really isn't much down side in this style of play.
I'm sorry but this is utter drivel talking about his work ethic. Especially since he got injured pressing like crazy.

The guy was 21 playing for Chelsea, you could see his physical transformation from his Vitesse days, theres nothing but speculative nonsense that you can say he didnt work hard enough.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:11 pm Simoni to Frankfurt

https://www.supersport.al/ekskluzive-si ... Jb1jPB4Ab0
What's the nature of this deal? backup, loan, starter? And we've had plenty of Albanians transferred to Bundesliga, so not sure why supersport is hyping this as some new thing.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:01 pm
Dallku wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:11 pm Simoni to Frankfurt

https://www.supersport.al/ekskluzive-si ... Jb1jPB4Ab0
What's the nature of this deal? backup, loan, starter? And we've had plenty of Albanians transferred to Bundesliga, so not sure why supersport is hyping this as some new thing.
Use some common sense, he's 18. Will go into their U21 side is my guess to start with the hopes he develops down the line. Will probably be sent somewhere on loan this summer.

Have we had plenty of Albanians transferred? Roshi was the last guy I remember . Its a big deal because of how rare it is, and how much of a talent he is to go straight from Superliga to the Bundesliga.
artan

Apparently, they paid 600k euros for him. Obviously not a big sum for a Bundesliga club but it shows that he has some value.

Goal keeper is a position that is easier to develop. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it while a midfielder or forward out of Albania will always struggle due to the technical and mental gap needed for an outfield player.
Aurora Bulkualis

That transfer doesn't make sense to me. They got him from a 2nd division Albanian club, and the scouts watched him when he lost 5-1 to Flamurtari.
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:52 pm Have we had plenty of Albanians transferred? Roshi was the last guy I remember . Its a big deal because of how rare it is, and how much of a talent he is to go straight from Superliga to the Bundesliga.
Jahmir Hyka, Kapllani, Altin Raklli, Lala, Skela, Tare, etc...
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:17 am That transfer doesn't make sense to me. They got him from a 2nd division Albanian club, and the scouts watched him when he lost 5-1 to Flamurtari.
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:52 pm Have we had plenty of Albanians transferred? Roshi was the last guy I remember . Its a big deal because of how rare it is, and how much of a talent he is to go straight from Superliga to the Bundesliga.
So great you proved my point by naming guys from 20 years ago all older than Roshi, it shows how rare it is. Wdym it makes no sense? You just have to watch him to understand how much of a talent he is. They're buying him for 600k to one day sell him for millions to some other club, its not rocket science.
Aurora Bulkualis

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:00 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:17 am That transfer doesn't make sense to me. They got him from a 2nd division Albanian club, and the scouts watched him when he lost 5-1 to Flamurtari.
So great you proved my point by naming guys from 20 years ago all older than Roshi, it shows how rare it is. Wdym it makes no sense? You just have to watch him to understand how much of a talent he is. They're buying him for 600k to one day sell him for millions to some other club, its not rocket science.
Don't get me wrong. I was really surprised at this transfer given that Simoni is not even playing in Superliga. At least Roshi, Hyka, Kapllani etc... played in Superliga. They must see something in him.

It's a great achievement, just not sure why the article made it seem like playing in Bundesliga was some new thing for Albanians.
Dallku

only watched Simoni one time for the u21 and what stood out was how comfortable he was with his feet which is very important for goalkeepers nowadays.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:23 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:00 pm

Don't get me wrong. I was really surprised at this transfer given that Simoni is not even playing in Superliga. At least Roshi, Hyka, Kapllani etc... played in Superliga. They must see something in him.

It's a great achievement, just not sure why the article made it seem like playing in Bundesliga was some new thing for Albanians.
It is new in the modern day football system.
  • Information