World Cup Qatar 2022 finals

All about football. Technical discussions, samples, world cup, continental competitions.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

Pjetër wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:39 am Lmao at using bookie odds. These fools have Man City as favorites to win CL every year and are always proven wrong.
If the team that dominates the best league in the world is not favorites to win the CL then who should be?

Odds are based on public perception not on who will actually win.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Dallku wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:44 am
Pjetër wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:39 am Lmao at using bookie odds. These fools have Man City as favorites to win CL every year and are always proven wrong.
If the team that dominates the best league in the world is not favorites to win the CL then who should be?

Odds are based on public perception not on who will actually win.
I agree with you 100%. That's why odds don't mean shit to me.
CanaYouDoIt

Redijupison wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:43 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:02 pm
Redijupison wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:44 pm The best ever and never win a world cup with a football country like Argentina? I don't think so!
If you don't think he is the best ever because he hasnt won a world cup then you my friend are an idiot. You say with a country like Argentina like they've not been carried by him to a 2nd world cup final now.

Last non-european team to win was 20 years ago. All the best teams in that period have been in Europe, and now Argentina is in the final for a 2nd time in that period (Only non-european team to even reach 1 final) and its all thanks to him.

If Messi isnt the goat, I'm interested to hear who you think is.
Dude, you shouldn't offend ppl you don't agree with, that's childish!

The WC trophy is the most valuable one for the GOAT conversation. You got players like Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo and Zidane, all of them in the GOAT convo, crowning their careers with the WC trophy. This is how you compare different eras!

Argentina reaching the final of a WC is not overachieving. Go and see the teams they had in 94, 98, 02, 06, 10 & 18, full of fantastic players. You're actually making Argentina sound like an average football nation, lol.
I'm not offending you. Anyone who doesnt think he is the goat is just being stupid.

European teams have the most rounded teams, thats a fact, they have the best coaching and in international football that shows. While Argentina may have had talented players like Di Maria or Aguero throughout Messi's career at no point did they have talent like France do in every position of that pitch. Like I said since 2002 its been European dominated and only Argentina have reached the final because of him.

You have to be a moron to ignore his whole career and repeat "But he hasnt won a world cup". International trophies are more about luck than anything else, depending on where you are from and what era you are born in.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Um what? Unless they give you negative odds, that means the field is always massively against any one team. That means even the favourites like Man City have like a 10% of winning, and 90% chance of not winning.

I'm using them as a relative ranking, not absolute. No one team in World Cup or Champions League is favourable against the entire field.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:07 amI'm not offending you. Anyone who doesnt think he is the goat is just being stupid.

European teams have the most rounded teams, thats a fact, they have the best coaching and in international football that shows. While Argentina may have had talented players like Di Maria or Aguero throughout Messi's career at no point did they have talent like France do in every position of that pitch. Like I said since 2002 its been European dominated and only Argentina have reached the final because of him.

You have to be a moron to ignore his whole career and repeat "But he hasnt won a world cup". International trophies are more about luck than anything else, depending on where you are from and what era you are born in.
Messi will never surpass Maradona. Maybe if he wins on Sunday he'll be up there with Diego but he'll never surpass him.
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:07 amI'm not offending you. Anyone who doesnt think he is the goat is just being stupid.

Messi will never surpass Maradona. Maybe if he wins on Sunday he'll be up there with Diego but he'll never surpass him.
Redijupison

artan wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:01 pm You can’t judge a player by his international resume. Are we going to discredit a player like Halaand because he may never player in a World Cup? If Halaand played for France would I somehow view him more favorably because he is playing with immense talent and will able to sleepwalk to a final?
Anyone worthy enough for the GOAT discussion has to top club & international resumes of other great players, simple as that.
Dallku

artan wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:01 pm You can’t judge a player by his international resume. Are we going to discredit a player like Halaand because he may never player in a World Cup? If Halaand played for France would I somehow view him more favorably because he is playing with immense talent and will able to sleepwalk to a final?

It's different with Messi though because this will be his second world cup final. It will definitely hurt his legacy if he loses again. If he wins he's the best ever.
CanaYouDoIt

Plako wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:59 pm

Messi surpassed Maradona at 23 years old.
CanaYouDoIt

Redijupison wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:45 pm
Anyone worthy enough for the GOAT discussion has to top club & international resumes of other great players, simple as that.
So someone born in San Marino never has a chance to be the goat. Good to know
  • Information