Who should be Reja successor?

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:23 pm ^ For context Reja has the richest coaching CV and experience you're every going to get from a foreign coach.

He was paid 300k to beat:

San Marino
Andorra
Armenia
Moldova
Andorra
Hungary (biggest achievement)
Belarus
Kazakhstan
Iceland
Kosovo (friendly)

Besides Hungary (which even they are overrated) , Albania were absolute favorites to beat everyone else and could probably beat them without a coach.

Alban Bushi who's completely clueless as a coach would get similar results as Reja.
They werent even good wins either. We struggled against San Marino lmao
These users thanked the author CanaYouDoIt for the post:
Aurora Bulkualis
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Duka confirms Reja won't be coming back and says Nations League results didn't matter in his decision because he wanted someone new for EUROS. So why waste those months of preparation, then??? He also said it won't be an Italian coach, and it seems like it's not an Albanian coach either.

My guess is it's probably Cambiasso, with Rueda (Colombian coach) a 2nd.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Klejdi1023

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:43 am Duka confirms Reja won't be coming back and says Nations League results didn't matter in his decision because he wanted someone new for EUROS. So why waste those months of preparation, then??? He also said it won't be an Italian coach, and it seems like it's not an Albanian coach either.

Idk how we can consider Cambiasso. He’s got no experience other than a short stint as Colombia’s assistant coach. Rueda on the other hand has got a ton of experience coaching national teams in South America. Idk if he’s right for us, but we will have to see I guess.
Aurora Bulkualis

Klejdi1023 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:15 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:43 am Duka confirms Reja won't be coming back and says Nations League results didn't matter in his decision because he wanted someone new for EUROS. So why waste those months of preparation, then??? He also said it won't be an Italian coach, and it seems like it's not an Albanian coach either.

Idk how we can consider Cambiasso. He’s got no experience other than a short stint as Colombia’s assistant coach. Rueda on the other hand has got a ton of experience coaching national teams in South America. Idk if he’s right for us, but we will have to see I guess.
Duka said it doesn't matter because coaches like Zidane and Guardiola had no experience. He forgot they have world class teams and we end up with Panucci. Although he admitted Panucci was a wrong hire, so that's why I think Rueda is still in the running.
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:10 pm
Although he admitted Panucci was a wrong hire

That's why I think the Cambiaso rumor is bullshit. Panorama is convinced that he's the next coach but I highly doubt that. He's another Panucci.
Dallku

Looks like it will be Sylvinho. https://www.supersport.al/ekskluzive-pr ... 3VLrlwvxag

Little to no experience like Panucci and Cambiaso. At least he's not Italian so maybe he values technical ability a little.
Aurora Bulkualis

Whoever it is, I'm sure it will be the wrong choice. I've given up hope that the NT will ever accomplish anything with Duka in charge.
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:51 pm Whoever it is, I'm sure it will be the wrong choice.

Would be cool of he proves everyone wrong but you can see that Albanians won't be as patient as they used to be with other coaches. They'll probably start calling for his head by March if Poland wins.

The assistant coach will be Zabaleta. He was a great leader/character when he played. These guys are all cool but they are trying to launch their coaching careers so they are noobs.
artan

Dallku wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:18 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:51 pm Whoever it is, I'm sure it will be the wrong choice.

Would be cool of he proves everyone wrong but you can see that Albanians won't be as patient as they used to be with other coaches. They'll probably start calling for his head by March if Poland wins.

The assistant coach will be Zabaleta. He was a great leader/character when he played. These guys are all cool but they are trying to launch their coaching careers so they are noobs.
I don't think Albanians will care. It seems like any interest with the NT peaked in 2016 and it's now dead. Furhermore, all he has to do is play the boomers (Balaj, Cika, etc) and the media will take it easy on him regardless of the results. Might just be the easiest job in Football.
CanaYouDoIt

Well Zabaleta on the assistant bench will be interesting, he’s not a bum in the slightest. This is a weird hire, wonder how a South American is gonna get along with a Balkan team …

Can’t see this ending well but you never know
  • Information