Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:09 am No friendlies before the Poland game :lol:
silver linings we’re gonna catch them off guard, if only we had a nations league competition where we could have given him time …
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:36 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:09 am No friendlies before the Poland game :lol:
silver linings we’re gonna catch them off guard, if only we had a nations league competition where we could have given him time …
We're going to catch ourselves off guard.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Aurora Bulkualis

You can auto-translate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IaOdgO ... pa%C3%B1ol

He seems fixated on some 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 hybrid. Seems like a very offensive coach.

I truly can't deal with anti-football anymore. Even if we lose, I'd like to see an actual game being played, and not rugby.
CanaYouDoIt

Taulant Seferi back in the team , I thought this would be the chance to reset things but I guess not. Back to playing bums like him.
Klejdi1023

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:49 pm Taulant Seferi back in the team , I thought this would be the chance to reset things but I guess not. Back to playing bums like him.
He’s not likely to play against Poland. I think he got called up only due to Broja being injured. For me if Broja is out, it should be Uzuni starting in his spot. Other ok backups are Skuka and Vrioni to an extent.
artan

With Broja injured, Uzuini is the only capable option at forward and is our most in form attacker. Skuka might be a wild card but we can't count on him, he may provide some value as a counter attacking sub. Other guys like Seferi, Cikaleshi, Vrioni, Manaj, etc, aren't professional players. I just hope we don't see someone like Xhixha starting which I can totally see happening.

My lineup for now (assuming we don't get any callups like Muja or Krasniqi)

--Mehmeti-Uzuini-Bajrami
----Cekici-Asllani-Cokaj
Hysaj-Gym-Ismajli-Baliu
----------Berisha

Losing Bare is awful as he's our only "box - box" midfielder. I don't like seeing Cekici in there but he's not the worst and can help with possession. Reja was an awful coach but the way he played Poland in Tirana was interesting and I think he generally had the right idea (minus the awful lineup choices). He played a quicker style of play than we are used to and had some width and pace in the lineup with Roshi and Uzuini. We shouldn't bunker to a team like Poland because they're a questionable team themselves.
Aurora Bulkualis

At least Seferi bagged a bunch of goals in Ukraine. Balaj couldn't even score if he was playing people from his village.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:14 am With Broja injured, Uzuini is the only capable option at forward and is our most in form attacker. Skuka might be a wild card but we can't count on him, he may provide some value as a counter attacking sub. Other guys like Seferi, Cikaleshi, Vrioni, Manaj, etc, aren't professional players. I just hope we don't see someone like Xhixha starting which I can totally see happening.

--Mehmeti-Uzuini-Bajrami
----Cekici-Asllani-Cokaj
Hysaj-Gym-Ismajli-Baliu
----------Berisha

Cokaj has no chance to start against Poland, he lacks match fitness and experience to play over Abrashi. Even Laci and Selahi deserve to start over him.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

ZenMaster wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:26 am
artan wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:14 am With Broja injured, Uzuini is the only capable option at forward and is our most in form attacker. Skuka might be a wild card but we can't count on him, he may provide some value as a counter attacking sub. Other guys like Seferi, Cikaleshi, Vrioni, Manaj, etc, aren't professional players. I just hope we don't see someone like Xhixha starting which I can totally see happening.

--Mehmeti-Uzuini-Bajrami
----Cekici-Asllani-Cokaj
Hysaj-Gym-Ismajli-Baliu
----------Berisha

Cokaj has no chance to start against Poland, he lacks match fitness and experience to play over Abrashi. Even Laci and Selahi deserve to start over him.
Laci has played around 140 total minutes since September and Cokaj was the better player than Selahi in Croatia. As for Abrashi he does deserve to start despite his age. I'd pick him over Cokaj.
  • Information