Poland vs Albania - Euro's 2024 Qualifiers - 27/03/2023

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

The fact that they automatically looked way better in a back 4 shows what a waste of 3 years with Reja was.

I'm surprised people say Hysaj played bad. Hysaj won every duel, especially against Zalewski who's a dangerous player.

Ramadani and Gjasula obviously played to match height and to deal with set pieces but they hurt in pressing and on the ball.

Kumbulla and Mihaj were great. Mihaj might legit be better than Ismajli and Kumbulla thrives when he plays against slow/ physical target men. He only struggles against pace.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Defensively our problem is still set pieces.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Klejdi1023

An improved performance v. what we had seen during the Reja era and the 4 at the back suits us so much more. After yesterday's game though, some things will need to be cleared up regarding Bajrami. We need to find a way to insert him in the starting line up. I thought maybe he could play on the wing, but after Asani's good game, in addition we also have Uzuni, Mehmeti, and I think even Roshi will still be involved this cycle, and Xhixha at some point too. In 4-3-3, Bajrami is a liabiity defensively, but in a 4-2-3-1 he'd have the freedom to operate as #10. We'd have some good depth in this role too, with Cekici and Muci as other options. Playing with this formation would weed out Ramadani, Laci, Gjasula, etc. all weak cm's. A good pair would be Asllani and Bare starting, with Abrashi and Selahi as back ups. The 4 in the back is getting rid of cb's like Veseli, Dermaku, and a similar change in cm would hopefully get rid of the unwanted cm's too. I hope Sylvinho gives it a try v. Moldova and Faroe Islands.
artan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:14 pm And let’s be real here, people keep saying they (Poland) are on the decline like they didn’t just make the knockout stages of the world cup …

we played well, in 1 week managed to look more organised than Reja managed in 3 years. It was reminiscent of Di Biasi’s Albania.
We said the same about Reja in the beginning for him to be a complete flop.

The manager playing both Ramadani and Gjasula in the lineup and having Bajrami and even Mehmeti on the bench is a red flag. When you’re a small nation you can’t bench professional players. Macedonia would have begged Bajrami to play for them and they would never bench him for inferior players.

Albania currently has the personnel to play more attacking football and it’s time we start playing like that.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Having Uzuni-Broja-Asani will give us some real bite on the counter. All of them are super-fast and good dribblers and will mark a huge change from playing with Cika or Seferi up front for example.

I don't have a lot against Cika but he can't be effective when we are always so far from the goal.

If teams fear our counter attack then we have already taken a huge step forward.
Klejdi1023

artan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:44 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:14 pm And let’s be real here, people keep saying they (Poland) are on the decline like they didn’t just make the knockout stages of the world cup …

we played well, in 1 week managed to look more organised than Reja managed in 3 years. It was reminiscent of Di Biasi’s Albania.

The manager playing both Ramadani and Gjasula in the lineup and having Bajrami and even Mehmeti on the bench is a red flag. When you’re a small nation you can’t bench professional players. Macedonia would have begged Bajrami to play for them and they would never bench him for inferior players.

Albania currently has the personnel to play more attacking football and it’s time we start playing like that.
That’s why we need to tweak the formation a bit where guys like Gjasula, Ramadani, and Laci are likely to get dropped, instead we’d have Bajrami, Mehmeti, Muci, even Cekici play. I’m convinced this is the last change we need to make before we start playing truly attractive football.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:44 pm

Po me vjen keq ama flet qaq palidhje sa ta krijon pershtupjen qe kurre loje futbolli nuk ke pa ne jete. Bajrami edhe Mehmeti nuk mujn me lujt ne poziten e Ramadanit e as te Gjasules. Argumenti i "profesionalizmit" osht bo bajat edhe shume j lodhshem. Cili osht kriteri i profesionalizmit? Kush osht profesionist? Lojtaret qe te pelqejn ty jane profesionista e ata qe nuk te pelqejn nuk jane profesionista?
Kuqaloshi maoist
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

We're getting better against Poland

4-1 away
0-1 at home
1-0 away

Maybe 4th time is the charm where we get a positive result at home.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information