Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

Kumbulla has been a flop at Roma and it’s okay to admit it. Injuries really derailed his progress and it was a bad transfer from the start since Roma didn’t need him from the beginning. He should have left two seasons ago.

I still think he has value but it’s not at Roma. He needs to go somewhere where he is playing which will improve his consistency and probably helps his conditioning leading to less injuries. But it’s clear he will never be what we thought he would be when he was at Verona
Redijupison

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:44 pm
Redijupison wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:11 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:07 pm

Mourinho isn’t a top manager anymore, don’t be fooled into thinking that. Hasn’t been for years.
Mourinho is every defenders dream coach though and what baffles me is how bad Kumbulla has played under him. As far as top managers come, I think Mourinho is still up there and is proving that with Roma.
He really isn’t a defenders dream coach anymore. And he definitely isn’t a top coach, him being at Roma alone shows that, then the fact that they’re 6th backs that up. You’re obviously getting caught up in the nostalgia of Mourinho.
How is Mourinho not a defenders dream coach, when he's all about getting results? Roma's game away vs Leverkusen proved just that, he went for a 0-0 and achieved it. We've probably got different views on what makes a top manager, to me it's all about winning regardless of the resources a manager has at his disposal, Mourinho is still that manager for me.
Dallku

Mourinho isn’t a top manager anymore, don’t be fooled into thinking that. Hasn’t been for years.
This is the craziest take ever considering what he's doing every year with a very limited budget and countless injuries. With any other coach Roma would be nowhere near Europe nevermind going to finals every year and qualifying.

and what do you mean anymore? How do coaches regress?? lol If anything he's better than ever because of experience.

There are rumors he'll go to psg next season where he'll probably win the CL. Mourinho guarantees winning. Definitely top 3 coach all time.

Overall Kumbulla has definitely improved under mourinho over the years. He's just mentally fragile and injury prone.
artan

Mourinho is still a top coach and he's done a generally good job with Roma considering the lack of funds he gets. He seems to be building something special there even if the league results aren't quite there yet. Kumbulla isn't an agressive player and doesn't have that "dawg" in him to be a reliable player for Mourinho. The only Albanian who I can see being a Mourinho player is Hysaj.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I don't care what Mourinho has or hasn't done. Young players need regular play time to develop. There is no way around that. It doesn't matter who the team or coach is.

You get benched = You start rotting.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:49 am I don't care what Mourinho has or hasn't done. Young players need regular play time to develop. There is no way around that. It doesn't matter who the team or coach is.

You get benched = You start rotting.
This is the crux of it but people saying Kumbulla must be bad because he doesn’t play under Mourinho are wrong.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:52 pm

This is the craziest take ever considering what he's doing every year with a very limited budget and countless injuries. With any other coach Roma would be nowhere near Europe nevermind going to finals every year and qualifying.

and what do you mean anymore? How do coaches regress?? lol If anything he's better than ever because of experience.

There are rumors he'll go to psg next season where he'll probably win the CL. Mourinho guarantees winning. Definitely top 3 coach all time.

Overall Kumbulla has definitely improved under mourinho over the years. He's just mentally fragile and injury prone.
This is a load of bollocks. Mourinho hasn’t won a league title since 2015, and is moving backwards in terms of teams coached, prime mourinho was up there with the best of all time. He’s just not had the same impact on teams for a while now.

And no I don’t care about the conference league, West Ham and David Moyes are in the final, I’m not gonna start calling him a top coach.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:38 am

This is a load of bollocks. Mourinho hasn’t won a league title since 2015, and is moving backwards in terms of teams coached, prime mourinho was up there with the best of all time. He’s just not had the same impact on teams for a while now.

And no I don’t care about the conference league, West Ham and David Moyes are in the final, I’m not gonna start calling him a top coach.

He's not "moving backwards" because nobody wants him though. Staying at Roma was his choice. He's literally doing side quests(and still doing miracles) because he has nothing left to prove. He can coach any team he wants.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:07 pm

He's not "moving backwards" because nobody wants him though. Staying at Roma was his choice. He's literally doing side quests(and still doing miracles) because he has nothing left to prove. He can coach any team he wants.
ahahahahahahah yeah man that’s why he got fired at United , Tottenham and now doing “miracles” finishing 6th in back to back years. No big teams want him because he simply isn’t a top coach anymore.
artan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:51 pm
Dallku wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:07 pm

ahahahahahahah yeah man that’s why he got fired at United , Tottenham and now doing “miracles” finishing 6th in back to back years. No big teams want him because he simply isn’t a top coach anymore.
Mourinho has coached practically half the top teams. Teams like Chelsea, United or Real won’t hire him again due to his recent history with them. Some other teams like Barca will never hire him due to his Real connections and anti Barca style. There’s realistically no more top teams for him to manage besides PSG.

Hence the Roma job which is something that motivates him. If he wins the Europa league with them he has succeeded with them and will be pushing for Serie A title soon
  • Information