Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:41 am
RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:47 pm
Dallku wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:07 pm

He's not "moving backwards" because nobody wants him though. Staying at Roma was his choice. He's literally doing side quests(and still doing miracles) because he has nothing left to prove. He can coach any team he wants.
Not sure that is true if his career has shown to be on a downward slope.

He hasn't won a major title for quite some time, has been fired successively by B tier clubs like United and Tottenham, and now is at a worse team than even those two.

Just seems like his natural career progression declining rather than his choice.

I love Jose though and he is in the argument for GOAT manager for me. Just not what he used to be anymore.
Jose's 2nd place finish with United with 81 points is United's best finish since Sir Alex and even won the Europa League with them. City that year had 100 points and it was downright impossible to win it that year. You can't even really hold him accountable for Tottenham since that would be a near historical accomplishment if he could have them winning the league.

At this point managers like Pep and Klopp are better due to their accomplishments at City/Liverpool (even if Pep has an unlimited budget to work with). But I respect Jose to do a rebuilding project unlike Pep who always has unlimited funds at his disposal. Klopp gets massive respect for rebuilding Liverpool into a powerhouse.

Some points about Mourinho are valid like his teams always flopping the third season, being too harsh on players and a history of passing on superb attacking players (De Bruyne, Salah, etc).
LOL as if it wasnt Mourinho and Chelsea who started the whole unlimited spending thing. He isnt at Roma because he wants a rebuild out of choice, he's there because thats the level of coach he is now.
CanaYouDoIt

Again Mourinho is in the GOAT debate, but its 2023 and there are so many managers better than him today. Not to say he is bad but the modern game has passed him.
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:46 pm League performance demands a level of consistency and a proper footballing philosophy.

Squad depth is more important than any of that for league titles. Pep gets credit for his tactics and philosophy and fair enough but the fact that City B team players would start for most top teams helps too.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:59 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:46 pm League performance demands a level of consistency and a proper footballing philosophy.

Squad depth is more important than any of that for league titles. Pep gets credit for his tactics and philosophy and fair enough but the fact that City B team players would start for most top teams helps too.
While Pep has the best team it’s undeniable the levels he’s taken the players to. Getting 90+ points totals every year like it’s normal when it’s not.

And Mourinho has always had practically the same spending abilities. He spent a lot at United, he’s just not as good a coach as Pep is today.
Redijupison

Fun fact: Vedat Muriqi has 14 goals in La Liga this season, the most any Albanian striker has ever scored in a top 4 league, 2nd is Bogdani with 11 goals in 05/06 in Serie A with Siena.
artan

Disappointing that Asllani was on the bench yet again and has barely played over the past two months despite having a stretch where he looked very capable. I thought he was ready to "break out" in the last few weeks of the season. I think this is one where he's actually good enough for Inter unlike other players in the past for us who were not ready for the next move.

I hope he gets a move next year.
Dallku

artan wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:19 pm Disappointing that Asllani was on the bench yet again and has barely played over the past two months despite having a stretch where he looked very capable. I thought he was ready to "break out" in the last few weeks of the season. I think this is one where he's actually good enough for Inter unlike other players in the past for us who were not ready for the next move.

In the off season he gotta hit the weight room. The only reason he struggled with play time is because he gets pushed around physically and is also shy in tackles. For his position those are important things.

Look at Barella. He's as tall as Asllani but he's an absolute pitbull. Abrashi is another example.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Redijupison wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:27 pm Fun fact: Vedat Muriqi has 14 goals in La Liga this season, the most any Albanian striker has ever scored in a top 4 league, 2nd is Bogdani with 11 goals in 05/06 in Serie A with Siena.
Congrats to Muriqi. He really wasn't as bad as Lazio made it seem. But I still think Bogu in his prime was a better goalscorer since Serie A in 2005 was much tougher defensively than La Liga today.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Dallku wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:38 pm
artan wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:19 pm Disappointing that Asllani was on the bench yet again and has barely played over the past two months despite having a stretch where he looked very capable. I thought he was ready to "break out" in the last few weeks of the season. I think this is one where he's actually good enough for Inter unlike other players in the past for us who were not ready for the next move.

In the off season he gotta hit the weight room. The only reason he struggled with play time is because he gets pushed around physically and is also shy in tackles. For his position those are important things.

Look at Barella. He's as tall as Asllani but he's an absolute pitbull. Abrashi is another example.
I also think Inzaghi is just an old school coach who doesn't trust young players and playing behind an established player like Brozovic doesn't help. He still plays guys like Darmian, Gagliardini and D'Ambrosio who are old and painfully mediocre. Even Dzeko but he atleast still performs well. He kinda got lucky with this CL run because Inter has been underperforming this year and has looked very mediocre. This CL Final guarantees his another season.
CanaYouDoIt

Arbnor Muja not called up again, we got to at least try since they’re not calling him up
  • Information