Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:04 pm Solid list. I'm glad that he doesn't experiment with bums like Xhixha, Skuka, and no Albanian leaguers (he must have seen the european matches).

Interesting that Sylvinho doesn't rate Abrashi at all. Coaches usually love him but not Sylvinho. He seems to value height which explains Gjasula who hasn't kicked a ball in forever and the return of the legend himself, Roshi.
Well he called up Abrashi last time. It’s just we have other guys who are not on their last legs. Ramadani, Laci, Asllani 3 CMs for these next 2 games so no need for him really with the return of Bare too.
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:41 pmWell he called up Abrashi last time. It’s just we have other guys who are not on their last legs. Ramadani, Laci, Asllani 3 CMs for these next 2 games so no need for him really with the return of Bare too.
Agree with Abrashi non-call. We have too many players who can take play his role and he is on his last legs. Still find the Roshi call up puzzling. Hopefully he can give us 10-15 minutes at the end of the game but I'm not hopeful.
Dallku

No one on his last legs more than Gjasula and he's called up over players like Selahi and Abrashi who play 90 minutes every week. Also Roshi over Mehmeti/another winger shows that he wants a tall, physical counter attacking team to match the opponents.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:09 pm No one on his last legs more than Gjasula and he's called up over players like Selahi and Abrashi who play 90 minutes every week. Also Roshi over Mehmeti/another winger shows that he wants a tall, physical counter attacking team to match the opponents.
I’ll be very surprised if Roshi plays at all.

He shouldn’t over Muja, Uzuni, Asani or Muci that’s for sure
artan

It's actually a good list. Good call ups with Muja and Daku. The only disappointment is not seeing Mehmeti on the list over someone like Roshi. Someone who is playing for a mid table Second Division Turkish club should never be called up even if Roshi has been a contributor to the NT. I hope he starts Daku over Cikaleshi but there's no way since Cikaleshi for whatever reason is this generation's Bulku, Lila, Dallku in which they will always start.

I'm guessing Gjasula is there for a big body to defend a draw or lead in late games. He's definitely going to be that 75 min substitute getting subbed in for an attacker for us to only concede late minute. It was the classic Di Biasi substitute.

The manager has alot of options and there's no excuses. I'm guessing Asani is locked in on that right winger spot since that's his favorite and due to his recent performances. Albania usually never starts new callups so don't expect Muja or Daku to start, Cikaleshi probably starting at forward. Interesting choices with Uzuini, Bare, Asllani and Bajrami as one or two of these guys will be on the bench. I have a feeling we'll see a meh starting lineup though.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:09 pm No one on his last legs more than Gjasula and he's called up over players like Selahi and Abrashi who play 90 minutes every week. Also Roshi over Mehmeti/another winger shows that he wants a tall, physical counter attacking team to match the opponents.
100%..

Sylvinho started Gjasula in the opener at Poland. Together with Ramadani, they bring that size and physicality in midfield needed to match the Slavic opponents.

Czechia fields big men like Soucek and Kral at the position. They gave us a really hard time a couple years ago in Prague.

Abrashi has not played at all under the new coach. He was available off the bench but not activated in previous 3 matches.
Princ

Muja and Daku are some of the most promising call ups in a while. They will need time to get acclimated with the team so I do not expect them to start right off the bat..

Nice to see Raketa back! One of the most dangerous attackers of the Balkans in his day!
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

This entire edition's fate will be decided over those 3-4 days, and we will probably not get a group this easy anytime soon.

It's a shame Broja and Kumbulla could not be here.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Not expecting much change to the formation from previous matches with Sylvinho. Albania is weak at GK. It was Strakosha who got the nod in Poland but Berisha started the last 2 matches (Moldova, Faroe Islands).

3rd midfield spot is up for grabs, in my opinion. I believe it may be a toss up between Iniesta, Bare or Gjasula. Out of the 3, Bare is in the best form at the moment, whereas Gjasula offers much needed size at the position. Iniesta had a wonderful goal in last match at Faroe Islands, which may tip the scales in his favor. Laci is also in decent form but has played a total of 2 minutes under new coach. Chances are he will be available off the bench here..

Predicted lineup:

————Berisha
Balliu-Ismajli-Djimsiti-Hysaj
Ramadani-Bajrami-Asllani
Asani-Cikalleshi-Uzuni
Princ

Odds movement in favour of the home team..

1X2
1 ~61%
X ~26%
2 ~13%
via Bet365

Bet365 suggests a positive result slightly less than 2 of 5 times for visitor. Czech Republic in Prague is a tough matchup for anybody.

Player to score (anytime)
Tomas Cvancara +137
Mojmir Chytil +160
Vaclav Jurecka +175
Jan Kuchta +200
Lukas Provod +200
Vaclav Cerny +240
Adam Hlozek +250
Lukas Masopust +250
Ondrej Lingr +375
Tomas Soucek +375
Ernest Muci +400