Albania vs Faroe Islands - Euro's 2024 Qualifiers - 20/11/2023

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Ramadani isn't most sexy midfielder but he helps massively Asllani and Bajrami. For me worst of all was Bare, headless chicken who offers nothing to this team, at this point i prefer to give chance to Celhaka as backup option of Ramadani.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:59 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:05 pm These games show why people overrated the f*** out of Sylvinho. We got lucky with a bunch of long range shots and have a good squad overall.

But his fetish with amateurs is just as bad as Rejas.
Overreaction.

One of the main changes Sylvinho made that improved us was getting rid of guys like Bare and Uzuni that had good 'pedigree' and played at decent clubs but were constantly terrible for the NT.
We will look worse when we put those guys back in, of course, it doesn't justify a draw against a poor team like the Faroes, but I wouldn't put too much stock into these dead rubber results where we rotated.
Overreaction? Half the other team has second jobs.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

You can’t a take a result like this too seriously since Albania has already qualified and with playing a small nation that bunkers putting Albania in a weird position they are not normally in.

It’s also the same why we can’t take those Poland and Czech results too seriously as we can’t expect Asani and Bajrami to score wonder goals and get bailed out by VAR. If Bajrami doesn’t score against Czech do we qualify?

We are a better team than we were under Reja but there still concerns. Stop the Albanian counter attack and don’t give Bajrami or Asani space and you shut down our offense. It’s also why I’ve been so critical on the manager about Cikaleshi and Seferi.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

ZenMaster wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:00 pm Ramadani isn't most sexy midfielder but he helps massively Asllani and Bajrami. For me worst of all was Bare, headless chicken who offers nothing to this team, at this point i prefer to give chance to Celhaka as backup option of Ramadani.
Bare already cost us results in the past qualification against Poland. He just isn't good enough and should not play for the NT again only in an emergency.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

artan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:04 pm You can’t a take a result like this too seriously since Albania has already qualified and with playing a small nation that bunkers putting Albania in a weird position they are not normally in.

It’s also the same why we can’t take those Poland and Czech results too seriously as we can’t expect Asani and Bajrami to score wonder goals and get bailed out by VAR. If Bajrami doesn’t score against Czech do we qualify?

We are a better team than we were under Reja but there still concerns. Stop the Albanian counter attack and don’t give Bajrami or Asani space and you shut down our offense. It’s also why I’ve been so critical on the manager about Cikaleshi and Seferi.
Agree somewhat but there is something you missed - in 4 games vs Czech Republic and Poland, we conceded 2 goals.

Our defense is very good. It wasn't just the goals that got us the qualification or luck, the main driver was our great defense and we only conceded 4 across the whole campaign
Redijupison

ZenMaster wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:00 pm Ramadani isn't most sexy midfielder but he helps massively Asllani and Bajrami. For me worst of all was Bare, headless chicken who offers nothing to this team, at this point i prefer to give chance to Celhaka as backup option of Ramadani.
Ramadani is essential for this team and so is Seferi,
Dallku

Definitely a bad game for Mitaj. He didn't have it today.

Bare struggled physically.

Daku is a bit of donkey for sure. He's still better than Cikalleshi but a few levels below Broja.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

This entire qualification was down to a few long range shots and a few VAR calls. Stuff that is very unlikely to be repeated. I was hoping this would become a habit for us, but the last two games have shown otherwise. I'll give Sylvinho credit for discovering Asani, but it's clear this is not be going to cut it as a long term strategy.

Sylvinho's contract will soon be over, and I hope we go to Ilir Daja and have an actual game plan.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Skenderbeu9

We should really give Daja a chance if Sylvinho doesn't renew
He does wonders with limited resources and not only now with Balkani or few years ago with Skenderbeu he even won the league with Elbasani back in 05-06
But it's obvious that Duka has a pattern or maybe two
1. Former coach at a decent team a decade ago ( DE BIASI) (REJA)
2. Wannabe coach world class former player (PANUCCI) (SYLVINHO)
I assume that he is afraid that the divas of the nt won't follow the tactics of an Albanian coach with limited experience abroad OR he is 🤏racist 🇮🇹🇧🇷 >🇦🇱
Princ

What more can you expect from players who have been spending their days singing and dancing..

Oddsmakers suggesting 75% chance to beat Faroe Islands and near 50% chance to beat Moldova. Big let down, should have taken 6 points here.

We were supposed to break the record (18 points), grab 1st place with both hands and go into tourney on a high note!
  • Information