With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!
ReyM9 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:57 pm
Ngl Shpendi has been a disappointment. I think he might be too weak and he's not fast or technical enough to compensate for it. I know he's scoring a lot in serie B but it might be deceiving goals. Not sure if they translate to higher levels.
That striker position is wide open but everyone is so horrible to take it. Ironically enough, Broja is still by far the best option.
I do agree that Shpendi doesn’t have much upside and just looks like a goal poacher which is virtually every forward we have. But that being said he’s young and can prove us wrong and atleast he’s actually playing. Uzuini or Daku is still probably the best option we have at forward.
I think Broja is done as a professional footballer. He shouldn’t be counted on.
ReyM9 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:57 pm
Ngl Shpendi has been a disappointment. I think he might be too weak and he's not fast or technical enough to compensate for it. I know he's scoring a lot in serie B but it might be deceiving goals. Not sure if they translate to higher levels.
That striker position is wide open but everyone is so horrible to take it. Ironically enough, Broja is still by far the best option.
I do agree that Shpendi doesn’t have much upside and just looks like a goal poacher which is virtually every forward we have. But that being said he’s young and can prove us wrong and atleast he’s actually playing. Uzuini or Daku is still probably the best option we have at forward.
I think Broja is done as a professional footballer. He shouldn’t be counted on.
They should just use Muci as a false 9 and play Uzuni and whoever else (Mehmeti, Hoxha) on the wing considering we have no other scoring threat and Muci is at least able to score consistently and playing in a competitive league. Otherwise I would just play Broja at least a few more games to see if he’s still in game shape he would be better than what we have currently.
ReyM9 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:57 pm
Ngl Shpendi has been a disappointment. I think he might be too weak and he's not fast or technical enough to compensate for it. I know he's scoring a lot in serie B but it might be deceiving goals. Not sure if they translate to higher levels.
That striker position is wide open but everyone is so horrible to take it. Ironically enough, Broja is still by far the best option.
I do agree that Shpendi doesn’t have much upside and just looks like a goal poacher which is virtually every forward we have. But that being said he’s young and can prove us wrong and atleast he’s actually playing. Uzuini or Daku is still probably the best option we have at forward.
I think Broja is done as a professional footballer. He shouldn’t be counted on.
They should just use Muci as a false 9 and play Uzuni and whoever else (Mehmeti, Hoxha) on the wing considering we have no other scoring threat and Muci is at least able to score consistently and playing in a competitive league. Otherwise I would just play Broja at least a few more games to see if he’s still in game shape he would be better than what we have currently.
I think a final attacking third of Hoxha, Muci, Mehmeti and Uzuini is good for all things considered. Very pacey and fluid attackers that could give teams some issues in the counter. Will struggle as there’s no #9 and Uzuini is probably the best of the three of making runs and being a goal poacher even if his finishing is poor. Muci probably best as an attacking midfielder. Hoxha and Mehmeti on wings.
Albania needs to develop an identity this cycle. Lean into a fast counter attacking style.